The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Guest habs1952

Little bit of a weak game by Carey's standards IMO. Those last two don't normally go in. Still doing his job though. Bottom line is that Price can give up 3 all we wants when we get four.

Cole was standing right beside Zubrus. All he had to do was tie up his stick but he just stood there and watched. Bang bang play so you can't fault Price.

Cole was standing right beside Zubrus. All he had to do was tie up his stick but he just stood there and watched. Bang bang play so you can't fault Price.

I'm not really faulting Price, I am just saying I think that's a save, just like the second goal IMO, that he gets most of the time. Neither of the goals are his fault, and I'm not saying he is the reason the Devils got a point tonight, but I am saying that, by Carey's standards, it wasn't his strongest game.

Little bit of a weak game by Carey's standards IMO. Those last two don't normally go in. Still doing his job though. Bottom line is that Price can give up 3 all we wants when we get four.

Well, if he wasn't at his best tonight, I'm glad it was tonight - when the team was able to pot four. Nothing stings more than price standing on his head to lose a game 2-1 or 1-0. :)

Yup. When a 'bad' or 'sub-par game' = 3 goals against, things are looking alright. B)

I expect maybe he gets a break for the Jets game. Then again, if you're ever going to play him in a back to back, this might not be a bad choice (keep the team momentum, he should still be pretty fresh etc).

There's also a back-to-back at home on the weekend, which is probably easier to manage than a back-to-back in different cities. Albeit that the Jets are on a three-game streak, Ottawa is hot and is clicking quite well offensively and defensively - wouldn't be surprised to see them try to keep Carey fresh for that one given that its more difficult and being on the back-end of a back-to-back.

We would have lost the game against Ottawa countless times last season. Nice to see them squeeze out a 2-1 win on home ice (with some help from the officials).

Help or no help (and there was certainly help :lol:), I'm glad that it doesn't discredit Carey's performance in the slightest. He was an absolute rock, regardless of the rest.

Will Price be rested Thursday night against Buffalo? I would think he might be due for a break.

We are playing Budaj 1.5 mil/season, we have to get our moneys worth and I'm sure he wants to bounce back after the loss to Ottawa. He actually surprised me last year, didn't think he'd do as well as he did.

It's a shortened season and we may not see him much, but they have to play him. 10-12 games out of 48 will give Price some rest.