The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

Guest habs1952

Question: do you start him tomorrow? Tonight has been....not his best performance. He hasn't been sharp over the past few games.

Thoughts?

Honestly, no. But, can Budaj beat the Bruins? No matter who plays I'll be skeptical of getting one point.

With the way Carey's played recently, I'd give Budaj the start in the second game of a B2B. I might have gone back to Carey if Therrien had done the right thing and pulled Price after, say, the 4th goal tonight, but not after this putrid showing. He needs to sit, watch the game at ice level, and refocus.

With the way Carey's played recently, I'd give Budaj the start in the second game of a B2B. I might have gone back to Carey if Therrien had done the right thing and pulled Price after, say, the 4th goal tonight, but not after this putrid showing. He needs to sit, watch the game at ice level, and refocus.

I'd play him but on a short leach.

Yep. It's not going to get any easier against boston, but the keyword is focus. Just get back to being in position and making it look easy.

Yep. It's not going to get any easier against boston, but the keyword is focus. Just get back to being in position and making it look easy.

He needs to challenge out of his net more frequently too. It's hard because that's exactly what goalies don't want to do when they're off their game, but it's necessary. He needs to make himself look big to all shooters.

Interesting to see if he can bounce back tomorrownight or will this performance follow him for awhile

He hasn't looked right the last few games. He was bad vs NYI, shaky vs Ottawa and obviously tonight was a disaster. Toronto game was hard to judge. He hasn't looked right really since the flu but he needs to get over it fast.

He looked so good in the 1st too I thought here we go but the last 40 were just abysmal

He hasn't looked right the last few games. He was bad vs NYI, shaky vs Ottawa and obviously tonight was a disaster. Toronto game was hard to judge. He hasn't looked right really since the flu but he needs to get over it fast.

He looked so good in the 1st too I thought here we go but the last 40 were just abysmal

well your right he hasnt been himself the past week to 10 days, not his usual confident self

I honestly don't know if you start him tomorrow and let him try to bounce back or give Budaj a go.

He(and the team) really stepped up last time we needed him when Carey had the flu. He didn't play a team like the Bruins, but I think to say we have no chance with Budaj in is an exaggeration.

IMO, the biggest factor will be how Carey feels tomorrow. If he looks jumpy or weak but hasn't allowed a goal by the end of the first period, I wouldn't honestly be opposed to giving Budaj a shot, as odd as that sounds. I haven't seen Carey rattled in a long time, and some time on the bench may not hurt.

Question: do you start him tomorrow? Tonight has been....not his best performance. He hasn't been sharp over the past few games.

Thoughts?

I'll answer my own question: Carey "glove side" Price lets in 7 for the loss. A few of them ugly. So, no.

For the exact same reasons plus we're playing Boston, my answer is yes. I bet he'll be as focused and poised as can be.

True... or any other ceremony that I can remember ;)Though I wasn't simply referring to last night's performance.

I know , my post was not related to yours. Just remembered that when I saw the Cup and the podium before the game last night, I told my family "just watch, we're gonna lose because of that cursed thing".

I know , my post was not related to yours. Just remembered that when I saw the Cup and the podium before the game last night, I told my family "just watch, we're gonna lose because of that cursed thing".

All that positive seems to bring about some kind of "whammy" reverse psychology when it comes to the actual game... go figure. Pumped up then deflated.

On the positive side, the boys still pulled a point out of it. It's never a bad thing when the night that your goalie has a stinker, that the offense is able to keep pace (or, that the other goalie is just as bad, depending on how you want to look at it).

My guess is that this will spurn a "refocussing" and Carey will be quite strong in the weeks to come.