The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#30 Peter Budaj 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

His rebound control still isn't up to par. I know it's never his strong suit but he's usually better. Probably still feeling the no camp thing but he got infront of pucks tonight and got it done. So happy for him. Very deserving.

Also nice to see the team play well in front of him after hanging him out to dry his 1st 2 starts.

His rebound control still isn't up to par. I know it's never his strong suit but he's usually better. Probably still feeling the no camp thing but he got infront of pucks tonight and got it done. So happy for him. Very deserving.

Also nice to see the team play well in front of him after hanging him out to dry his 1st 2 starts.

You could tell how happy the team was for him too, they wanted it for him tonight.

I wonder if there'll be any temptation to try to ride his momentum/confidence and throw him back in tomorrow to give Carey another day to shake off the flu bug. I doubt it, just a thought.

I was thinking that also but if Carey is ready we have to go back to him. Peter knows his role & the last two games he has been a heck of a lot better than previously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I would feel comfortable with either goaltender tonight. Price is our starter, but he has had a tough few games lately, and if he feels like he needs a break, I have no problems starting Budaj. He's come up big in almost every game he has played this year.