The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#17 René Bourque 2012-2013

ColRouleBleu

I think Moen deserves third line minutes, And if Eller was going to play wing i'd rather it be with Pleks not Eller haha. I'm iffy with Rene, like i said MT is going to demand alot from everyone so maybe Bourque crumbles underneath that pressure but Sutter demands alot too so it's hard to say.

I assume you meant with Gomez..? Anyway that's what I was thinking, if Gomez is on the roster and they want to fill the second line left wing spot by trying Eller, that's the only place I'd want to see him on the wing and have Gomez centering the 3rd. We're all under the assumption the first line will start as such but with a new coach, if the team struggles early on that could get split up too. I just hope we see it all unfold this year and not fall 2013.

I assume you meant with Gomez..? Anyway that's what I was thinking, if Gomez is on the roster and they want to fill the second line left wing spot by trying Eller, that's the only place I'd want to see him on the wing and have Gomez centering the 3rd. We're all under the assumption the first line will start as such but with a new coach, if the team struggles early on that could get split up too. I just hope we see it all unfold this year and not fall 2013.

I did mean gomez ahah I was not focusing :P But yes i really haven't made any space for gomez on my personal roster.. he's a downgrade everywhere

• 2 months later...

Okay Bourque, use the remaining half a season to prove why you deserve to play here the following 3 full ones, otherwise thank the NHLPA for pushing for that second amnesty buyout. We will need to use the first to get under the cap (Gomez), but the second we can use to help the team longer-term.

Hopefully. If he can come close to being a 20-goal guy again, which I think he can given his age, the annual Cap hit would be just fine IMO.

Here's another article, although it pretty much says the same as the Gazette's piece: http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/49238-Canadiens-Bourque-out-to-prove-hes-a-better-player-than-he-showed-last-season.html

Hopefully. If he can come close to being a 20-goal guy again, which I think he can given his age, the annual Cap hit would be just fine IMO.

I agree, he does most things decent - ie, a good penalty killer, decent use of his size, fairly good positional play....as long as he can chip in 20 goals or more - and roughly 40+ points, Im absolutely fine with his contract. The pace he hit while with the habs last season makes his contract look abysmal right now though. Lets hope he can turn things around.

I think René Bourque will be a pleasant surprise. He will either lead the team in scoring or finish second by the end of the season. That's my prediction. :unsure:

Wow. Quite the bold prediction. He will be a pleasant surprise if he delivers on his promise to work hard.

I will be pleased if he scores on a 20-25 goal a season pace and finishes no worse than +8.

I'm surprised that there's been no love for Bourque after game 1. I thought that he had what was probably his best game as a Hab last night.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come now that his injury is done with.

I really liked his game Saturday, heck, I even caught him smiling on camera :o . The problem for most I guess is that it's hard to show love for anyone after losing that specific game.

I'm surprised that there's been no love for Bourque after game 1. I thought that he had what was probably his best game as a Hab last night.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come now that his injury is done with.

I really liked his game Saturday, heck, I even caught him smiling on camera :o . The problem for most I guess is that it's hard to show love for anyone after losing that specific game.

Agree with CRB - Bourque was easily one of the top 4 habs that night - & quite possibly, as Manatee mentioned, the best - but when you lose...and in such a lacklustre way...its hard to get excited about the little things. Besides, as good as he looked, he needs to produce to be counted as "rebounding" so hopefully the goals will come.

Agree with CRB - Bourque was easily one of the top 4 habs that night - & quite possibly, as Manatee mentioned, the best - but when you lose...and in such a lacklustre way...its hard to get excited about the little things.

True story. I didn't come on the boards on Sunday, since after such a terrible game I wasn't in the mood to talk Canadiens. That was not a game that left much to be excited about.

Besides, as good as he looked, he needs to produce to be counted as "rebounding" so hopefully the goals will come.

Yeah, that's the long and short of it. Gomez last year was a good example of this. When he wasn't injured, I don't think anyone could watch him play last year and say that he wasn't putting in the effort. He didn't get the points to match the effort, though, and that coupled with his salary left him as the favourite whipping boy of fans all the same.

Even though he had many opportunities and did not capitalize I thought many of them were chances he had created and played a great game. I have been impressed with his play so far this year. Even if he does not put up big numbers so long as he plays hard and checks I'm pretty happy with him.

Had a pretty good game IMO. There seemed to be a bit of an extra jump in his step and he had some decent chances. We'll see how he does once his line starts to develop some chemistry, I've definitely liked what I've seen from Bourque so far this year.