The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tomas Kaberle

I'd be happy to deal both Weber and Kaberle, but not to bring back Campoli. I'd rather have St-Denis or bring back a guy like Mara, who was a stellar 7th D man the last time he was here. I want the 7th D man to be a guy who won't hurt the team, not a guy who's here to provide offensive flair but is a defensive risk. Let the stars be the stars and let's just get a guy who can be solid defensively at the bottom end of the pecking order.

And you didnt even mention Mara's beard!!

possible problem. Mara is signed to a contract with an ECHL team. Can he/would he have an out clause to jump to the NHL?

ECHL GM: "Hey, Mara, the Habs just made an offer for you, but don't forget, you're under contract with us."

MARA: "Bye!"

I hope this is just to send a message to White(although it would've been better to just play Blunden instead, IMO) or maybe it was to showcase Kabs for a trade(I hope this was the case).

I believe blunden was sent down. And Therrien just said pacioretty might play tomorow, wow.

I hope this is just to send a message to White(although it would've been better to just play Blunden instead, IMO) or maybe it was to showcase Kabs for a trade(I hope this was the case).

Blunden was sent down.

Ya but we could have kept him up, couldn't we?

Max could play tomorrow. He would have been sent down regardless if Max is in. Roster overflow otherwise with PK back.

JJ Daigneault said on Anti-Chambre that his goal today was to even out the minutes a bit more between his D and he had planned about 15 mins for PK. He says it was rather tough to manage 7 D and admits he slipped and forgot Kaberle.

I think he'll forget him tomorrow too if Max is back.

The fall from grace Kaberle's had is just amazing. He didn't decline so much as jump off a cliff into the press box. I'm mostly shocked because Kaberle was never a guy who relied on his physical prowess to get it done, he was almost entirely dependent on vision and his hockey sense, which just seems to have gone off a cliff. He's still a good PP guy but at this point he's getting to be 2010 Marc Andre Bergeron bad in his own end, and we don't need him that badly on the 2nd PP unit. Too bad for a guy's career to take a turn like this.

Guest habs1952

The fall from grace Kaberle's had is just amazing. He didn't decline so much as jump off a cliff into the press box. I'm mostly shocked because Kaberle was never a guy who relied on his physical prowess to get it done, he was almost entirely dependent on vision and his hockey sense, which just seems to have gone off a cliff. He's still a good PP guy but at this point he's getting to be 2010 Marc Andre Bergeron bad in his own end, and we don't need him that badly on the 2nd PP unit. Too bad for a guy's career to take a turn like this.

Yup. I was expecting some good things from Kaberle when he first got here but as you say, he's gone off a cliff.

Hmm?

I think he has looked much better defensively this year over last. Yes he put PK in a tough spot with that one ill advised challenge. But Markova had two brutal pinch plays himself.

Injuries will,strike. Is just a matter of time.

Thought I heard some boos when his assist was announced. Too bad, great guy, hoped it would work out for him here but it's not meant to be. Still don't think it's his fault and while I can understand booing him when he screws up, booing him on an assist seems silly.

Not that I don't think fans can and should boo whenever they want, just seemed like an odd time.

Thought I heard some boos when his assist was announced. Too bad, great guy, hoped it would work out for him here but it's not meant to be. Still don't think it's his fault and while I can understand booing him when he screws up, booing him on an assist seems silly.

Not that I don't think fans can and should boo whenever they want, just seemed like an odd time.

Agreed. You boo a guy if he does something worth booing, not for doing something positive. Kaberle has not been great by any means, but he hasn't been close to as bad as people make him out to be. His defense is shaky, but he's been better this season, having had the chance to play with more steady linemates and get used to his team. he clearly still has skills with the puck, and he actually has made a few defensive plays to make up for teammates' mistakes. I agree that he's currently our 7th defenceman, but he could still play a role if someone ahead of him gets hurt, and he remains an asset if he's used in a way that doesn't expose his defensive flaws and maximizes what he can give us on the PP.

If we had to use him as a 3rd pairing guy, I actually wouldn't be uncomfortable with that at all. But with the huge step forward Diaz and Emelin have taken, he's simply 7th on the depth chart. It's more a testament to Bouillon, Diaz and Emelin then Kabs being terrible.

Too bad for him, but that's just the situation he's in.

Guest habs1952

Your at the wrong forum :lol:

Hey! I resent that! I know of several incompetent GMs around the league who read this forum for tips on available players. Oohh....there's one calling now. Hello...hi Jay Feaster......... :lol: :lol: :lol: