The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#71 Louis Leblanc 2012-2013

I would hope he puts on 20lbs from last year, I do think he will start in Hamilton but with injuries or bad play I think he will be up a few times this year.

Bergevin has been quoted as saying that Leblanc will have a crack at a top six roster spot in camp. There's one spot available. However, I'm not sure Leblanc is ready for such a role. I would be surprised to see him begin the season in the NHL. I think it's more likely he dominates in Hamilton for several months first.

Bergevin has been quoted as saying that Leblanc will have a crack at a top six roster spot in camp. There's one spot available. However, I'm not sure Leblanc is ready for such a role. I would be surprised to see him begin the season in the NHL. I think it's more likely he dominates in Hamilton for several months first.

What I remember him saying is rather that he doesn't want to close the door to upcoming young players, named Leblanc and Gallagher as examples only.

What I remember him saying is rather that he doesn't want to close the door to upcoming young players, named Leblanc and Gallagher as examples only.

My bad. I thought I read on here someone that he specifically mentioned Leblanc and Gallagher getting shots at a top six role. I probably misunderstood the original post. Either way, my preference would be to see Louis centering the number one line in Hamilton to start the year.

If Louis Leblanc,Gallagher,Geoffrion,Palushaj and Dumont are joined by all of the rookies and other veterans like Desjardins,St.Denis and Nash this team could be really amazing.AHL fans are in for a treat like they haven't witnessed since the Habs old farm team the Nova Scotia Voyageurs in the 70's.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 40 or more games in Hamilton will help his game. Ideally the full season in Hamilton but with all of the injuries for Montreal over the past few seasons that might not be possible. I am not positive but I think that a few top defencemen and forwards will move from junior to Hamilton this season. The team in Hamilton should be very good which I think helps develop players far more then a poor quality AHL team.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that he was injured, and that a high ankle sprain can linger, but really, has anyone playing during this lockout hurt their chances more than Louis?

He was expected to be a cornerstone of the Bulldogs offense, and he's truly been atrocious. It's been a mix of poor puck skills, poor strength along the side boards and poor decisions. Of course, it would help if he had better teammates, but, at this point he was expected to lift others around him,not put up a whopping 5 pts in 25 games.

Hopefully he can turn things around, but this may be the first of a series of dissapointments

I know that he was injured, and that a high ankle sprain can linger, but really, has anyone playing during this lockout hurt their chances more than Louis?

He was expected to be a cornerstone of the Bulldogs offense, and he's truly been atrocious. It's been a mix of poor puck skills, poor strength along the side boards and poor decisions. Of course, it would help if he had better teammates, but, at this point he was expected to lift others around him,not put up a whopping 5 pts in 25 games.

Hopefully he can turn things around, but this may be the first of a series of dissapointments

Actually, I was more than disappointed last year when he was called up. At this point, I would rather see Gally-B called up.

Well, I agree, last year was underwhelming. I had mentally excused that, and attributed it to a mix of injuries during the year and the shoulder injury during the summer that prevented training. A rookie putting up ~0.2 ppg isn't horribly surprising, especially since it was so obvious he needed to bulk up.

That being said, this streak of being completely ineffectual does indeed colour last years performance in a different light. Also, while some people will probably say that his poor play is a result of the Bulldogs poor overall team, it's interesting to note that TINORDI (!) has as many points as Leblanc(albeit in 10 more games played) and that players like Beaulieu and Gallagher have twice and four times as many points respectively.

He has been playing on the third line all year, I would have to imagine his numbers would be better if he were on the top line. Mind you, I haven't seen enough of his play this year to know if he warrants top line minutes. Mike Blunden has been playing on the number one line and isn't exactly lighting the lamp.

He has been playing on the third line all year, I would have to imagine his numbers would be better if he were on the top line.

Have a feeling won't see him up on 1st line anytime soon

He has been playing on the third line all year, I would have to imagine his numbers would be better if he were on the top line. Mind you, I haven't seen enough of his play this year to know if he warrants top line minutes. Mike Blunden has been playing on the number one line and isn't exactly lighting the lamp.

I've watched him for several games and so far he's not impressive at all. I even have doubts he'll ever make anything happen at NHL level.