The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#71 Louis Leblanc 2012-2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kids putting up some points. This is great for the Habs, I really believe he will be on the team to start next year and it also helps now knowing if we have the option for a trade he could even be penciled in this year.

He has 4 points in his last 6 games which puts his totals at 10 points in 35 games. He's still quite a ways away from being NHL ready. Being called up last season really hurt his development as he just wasn't ready for it.

He has 4 points in his last 6 games which puts his totals at 10 points in 35 games. He's still quite a ways away from being NHL ready. Being called up last season really hurt his development as he just wasn't ready for it.

Can't forget he had a high ankle sprain, one of the worst injuries for a hockey player and he's playing for a 30th place team. I'm just happy he's getting his game back

He didn't seem out of place in the NHL. Unlike Palushaj and Geoffrion, he was actually putting up points. I think if he's fully recovered then he's at least close to NHL ready.

He didn't seem out of place in the NHL. Unlike Palushaj and Geoffrion, he was actually putting up points. I think if he's fully recovered then he's at least close to NHL ready.

He was OK but his development has been a disaster. Injured basically all summer before his 1st pro season, called up way too early, sent back down for this year, lingering ankle injury, bad numbers. Hopefully he has a big final stretch in Hamilton and opens next season there and continues to play well and fill out before we even think about bringing him back up.

• 1 month later...

Not sure. I see he only has 9 goals and 7 assists in 53 games. It's disappointing because we were all hoping he would be a decent center for Montreal in the future. There's still time for him, but his window will be closing in the next few seasons.

His point totals are a reflection of his overall game this season. This is a player I was hoping would stand out from the rest in a good way but it just isn't happening. Maybe next season I guess?

His point totals are a reflection of his overall game this season. This is a player I was hoping would stand out from the rest in a good way but it just isn't happening. Maybe next season I guess?

Hopefully so. There seems to be some concern about the coaching staff in Hamilton too. Perhaps coaching is part of the reason why Leblanc is having a bad year.

I agree JR.

I don't follow the dogs like some of you, but I can't deny there are issues. They have a skilled team, players that should've done well that aren't, getting rid of Avstin without giving him a chance and LL playing on the 3rd line and not producing is definitely a concern.

Something MB will have to look into this summer. Maybe we can bring Boucher back. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure. I see he only has 9 goals and 7 assists in 53 games. It's disappointing because we were all hoping he would be a decent center for Montreal in the future. There's still time for him, but his window will be closing in the next few seasons.

Ouch ... that's absolutely terrible for the AHL.

Does anyone think he can crack the lineup at all?

I don't know if he was playing injured or not, but if that's the case maybe he could heal in the summer and challenge for a spot out of camp. Otherwise he will need to play good in Hamilton or just be awesome in camp.

So...I still have faith in him.

I stil want to believe he can be in the NHL. I was kinda hoping when we drafted him he could become a #1 centre (I was being overly optimistic). But now if he even can stay on our third line I will be happy. I just dont want to count him as a bust yet.

Maybe you don't want to count him as a bust,,,,,but I will say it for you,,,he will not be a regular NHLer, on our team or anywhere else.