The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cedrick Desjardins

Nice to see Cedrick back in the organization. Adds a little depth in the area we were a little weak. I'll bet Swansee is happy to see him back also. I know he was a big fan.

At 26 years old, what you see is pretty much what you get. Could be a possible Budai replacement behind Carey in a couple years. Definitely #3 in the depth meter at this point, should we run into some injuries.

Nice to see Cedrick back in the organization. Adds a little depth in the area we were a little weak. I'll bet Swansee is happy to see him back also. I know he was a big fan.

How right you are my friend!!! B):) I don't see a down side to this - the guy has been top of the AHL for the last few years (3rd over all and top Save percentage last season - although stats mean nothing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ). And he is Francophone!!!!! He will either be a fine backup to Price or will help the Dogs hugely - especially with the crop of D-men on the way!!!!

This gives me hope for the Dogs and the Habs that the new admin is at least thinking - I mean look at the potential backup goaltenders or #1 AHLers that the Dogs have had and LOST - Yann Danis (#2 AHL again this year and is also a FRANCOPHONE!!!), Curtis Sanford (ok - bad back but stellar when healthy), Drew MacIntyre!, and Cedrick - instead we go off site for Auld and Budaj - all these guys came out of our system one way or the other and certainly could have perfomed in a support role - and certainly could have kept Hamilton on track!!!!! Not to mention giving up on the Price/Halak tandem too soon - (but tandems don't work do they ;):lol: - congrats on the trophy Jaro and Brian!!!! - if Halak had been healthy LA might not have made it to the Finals).

Whatever - a great move IMO - he will help us one way or another - Delmas and Mayer have yet to show the consistency to be an AHL #! or an NHL backup. I like Lawson but he is a poor man's Sanford or MacIntyre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just read that he's even placed on waivers, haven't found a link yet. I really thought he had a chance to prove himself but from the results lately he's been out duelled by Mayer. Kind of new to this but does this mean he's no longer playing with the Dogs?

Just read that he's even placed on waivers, haven't found a link yet. I really thought he had a chance to prove himself but from the results lately he's been out duelled by Mayer. Kind of new to this but does this mean he's no longer playing with the Dogs?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

CBJ: R Russell, N Drazenovic. MTL: C Desjardins. Alain Berger on $125 waivers presumably for purposes of mutual contract termination.

• 5 weeks later...