The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

When Do You Think The Lockout Will End

kinot-1

31 members have voted

1. 1. Well,,What Do You Think It Will End?

• Nov. 1st?
    • Dec. 1st?
    • Jan. 1st.?
    • Season is lost?
    • Other

woa long time since i've been on here

the lockout will be a season long lockout, both sides won't budge and in this world of corporate welfare nothing is going to change, that said when hockey comes back, even if i wanted to; it will be hard to watch hockey because the second i'm out of college, i'm jetting off to australia :/

woa long time since i've been on here

the lockout will be a season long lockout, both sides won't budge and in this world of corporate welfare nothing is going to change, that said when hockey comes back, even if i wanted to; it will be hard to watch hockey because the second i'm out of college, i'm jetting off to australia :/

You can still watch the Habs online. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not anytime soon. It won't be good when the winter classic is cancelled.

I dont get why thats such a HUGE deal the NHl thinks its doing to the players, when really its just a way for the owners to make a ton of money. I guess Revenue Sharing, but if there were a 50-50 split this season it wouldnt be huge. Either way the owners should be more afraid of losing that game then the players.

Looks like the NHL is going to be in the dark for the rest of the season.

And with the Winter Classic coming to Michigan, that is way too bad.

What I wish now is that the Original Six (Canadiens, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Rangers) and some of the early expansion teams - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Los Angeles - and teams like Vancouver, Minnesota, and the other Canadian teams, would bolt from the NHL and start a new league. It would take a lot of guts, but if the established teams come on board with this, Bettman and his cronies would be driven to their knees in a hurry.

Especially if someone like Bobby Hull was leading the movement. When he jumped from the Black Hawks to the WHA Winnipeg Jets, it gave the new league immediate legitimacy and started a war for player services and contracts. What you'd be having in this case is the established NHL teams and those in markets that support hockey telling Bettman to go somewhere and play anyway.

Looks like the NHL is going to be in the dark for the rest of the season.

And with the Winter Classic coming to Michigan, that is way too bad.

What I wish now is that the Original Six (Canadiens, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Rangers) and some of the early expansion teams - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Los Angeles - and teams like Vancouver, Minnesota, and the other Canadian teams, would bolt from the NHL and start a new league. It would take a lot of guts, but if the established teams come on board with this, Bettman and his cronies would be driven to their knees in a hurry.

Especially if someone like Bobby Hull was leading the movement. When he jumped from the Black Hawks to the WHA Winnipeg Jets, it gave the new league immediate legitimacy and started a war for player services and contracts. What you'd be having in this case is the established NHL teams and those in markets that support hockey telling Bettman to go somewhere and play anyway.

Those power teams you mention almost certainly have enough pull to have this lockout ended or have Bettman fired anyway if that's what they really wanted.

Also, the high end players the PA is representing would have the same demands from the new league that they have from the current one, so they'd be stuck in essentially the same fight, even if it were feasible.

It's pretty clear enough of the owners or at least the power owners (Jacobs, Snider ect) are happy with the direction the league is in right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel the same way, about a month ago I felt it wasn't about the issues anymore, it was about egos.

Bettman puts his own ego and pride ahead of all else in every decision he makes. The guy refuses to admit any of his many mistakes and as such, he's a terrible negotiating partner for those hoping to see hockey. It's no coincidence the lockout has gone on so long and why there have been so many under his tenure.