Canadiens de Montreal

Tim Bozon

kinot-1

Last year :

71 games, 36 goals, 35 pass, 71 points

This year :

12 games, 9 goals, 9 pass, 18 points

Looking good B)

Very good, but two of his teammates are 1st and 2nd in the WHL, while another is 5th(Bozon is 8th) he is on a very stacked team. Not saying he ain't good or a promising prospect, but I don't understand how much of it is his teammates.

Very good, but two of his teammates are 1st and 2nd in the WHL, while another is 5th(Bozon is 8th) he is on a very stacked team. Not saying he ain't good or a promising prospect, but I don't understand how much of it is his teammates.

I understand what you mean and that's often the good question in these cases (had a similar one with Yakupov and Galchenyuk, who was best, who was helping the other more).

I understand what you mean and that's often the good question in these cases (had a similar one with Yakupov and Galchenyuk, who was best, who was helping the other more).

Ya, and last year we had a similar case with Holland, his linemmates were 1st and 2nd in the WHL, and I don't really remember where Holland was but he was around the 5-10 mark, but the more concerning thing was that Holland had 82 assists and 20-something goals, which might make you think that a lot of those A's are because of his teammates being able to finish. So far in Hamilton Holland has been playing good and I'm not concerned as much(especially yesterday, when he had 1 goal and 1 assist, and was the 3rd star of the game) but the Dogs have only played 2 games so far so it's hard to tell as of yet.

I like this kid as for his team mates the habs have many great forward prospects coming up so i'm not too worried about that.. we'll have a very high octane offense in the future with guys like holland gallager bozon galy patches, collberg.. not to mention eller.. i'd say barring any trades our first second and third lines will be quite lethal all that remains is getting a tough gritty fourth line that can play hockey.. hate to say this but i'd like a fourth line just like the bruins have.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this kid as for his team mates the habs have many great forward prospects coming up so i'm not too worried about that.. we'll have a very high octane offense in the future with guys like holland gallager bozon galy patches, collberg.. not to mention eller.. i'd say barring any trades our first second and third lines will be quite lethal all that remains is getting a tough gritty fourth line that can play hockey.. hate to say this but i'd like a fourth line just like the bruins have.

Hate to admit it as well, but that's a big reason why they won the cup. They were well balanced from top to bottom. Everyone of those players bought into what Julien was preaching, new their roles and played accordingly.

Which is why I was happy that MB went out and got us some real 3rd and 4th liners in the offseason. These players won't score us many goals, but they'll do what they have to and they know their roles. Leave a spot or 2 open for youngins/prospects, but make sure you have experience and career 3rd/4th liners. You need your grinders as much as you need the finesse players.

You can get by in the reg season with prospects filling up your bottom lines. But if you want to go deep in the post season, you need experience on the bottom end.

There are always exceptions, but for the most part, teams who have won the cup, have been well balance with the right amount of experience on each line.

• 2 weeks later...

A message from Tim on twitter:

2h tim bozon ‏@timbozon94

J'ai pris la decision de ne pas participer au championnat du monde U20 en décembre ... ce fut une décision difficile ....

...mais je pense avoir fait le bon choix pour mon future je souhaite bonne chance a l equipe de france U20 #GOfranceGO. To translate, Tim has decided not to participate in the world juniors in December.

A message from Tim on twitter:

2h tim bozon ‏@timbozon94

J'ai pris la decision de ne pas participer au championnat du monde U20 en décembre ... ce fut une décision difficile ....

...mais je pense avoir fait le bon choix pour mon future je souhaite bonne chance a l equipe de france U20 #GOfranceGO. To translate, Tim has decided not to participate in the world juniors in December.

He's French? I thought he was Swiss?

I did a little research, here's what I found:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635959

From the link above: "Philippe Bozon played 144 NHL games with the St. Louis Blues from 1991-95 before returning to Europe to complete his career in Switzerland, where he now lives. Tim Bozon was born in St. Louis in 1994, and while he also holds Swiss citizenship he’s played his international hockey for France, just like his dad and his grandfather before him."

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=48990

From the link above: He has played for french teams before, such as the U18 France team in 2010-2011.

I did a little research, here's what I found:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635959

From the link above: "Philippe Bozon played 144 NHL games with the St. Louis Blues from 1991-95 before returning to Europe to complete his career in Switzerland, where he now lives. Tim Bozon was born in St. Louis in 1994, and while he also holds Swiss citizenship he’s played his international hockey for France, just like his dad and his grandfather before him."

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=48990

From the link above: He has played for french teams before, such as the U18 France team in 2010-2011.

Ah. So for hockey purposes he chose France. Interesting.

What do you guys think of Bozon's decision to refrain from participating at this years world juniors for Team France?

I think not participating might let us see his value.

His two linemates, who have been partly responsible for Tim's great season may go off to play in the World Juniors.

If I'm not mistaken, Junior hockey does not take a break while the juniors are on.

Bozon will be playing without his regular linemates, and we'll get to see just how valuable he is.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm only rambling. :lol: