The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Broadcasts 2012-2013

HabsRuleForever

The distribution for the split telecast of the 1600h, 1900h HNIC games for April 6.

Toronto at New Jersey is for the province of Ontario only.

Boston at Montreal is for everywhere else which means it is the national game! w00t.gif

Pop the champagne, the CBC finally made the first correct decision of the season to regionalize the stinkin' Leafs. It shows that complaining works. biggrin2.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily...bc_television/

Are you sure you didn't go off your meds, or maybe the CBC did :o ? But, of course that means Cole for the PBP guy. :angry:

Are you sure you didn't go off your meds, or maybe the CBC did :o ? But, of course that means Cole for the PBP guy. :angry:

The (much) better options:

1. Watch the game on RDS
  2. Watch it on CBC with the mute on, and play the TSN Radio (web) coverage out your computer speakers

No Bob "Mr. Magoo" Cole.

No Don Cherry

No Ron McLean

No hell.

Guest habs1952

And Shaw is $5/mth; Bell, where you have to contract the whole slate of French language channels, $15. Still worth if of course, Best part of RDS is the play-by-play and commentary. It bears both CBC and TSN.

I've got Bell and I pay $5/mth for RDS only here in Kitchener. Maybe the cost is determined by the package you subscribe to.

I've got Bell and I pay $5/mth for RDS only here in Kitchener. Maybe the cost is determined by the package you subscribe to.

I have Rogers,,,and I just looked and it says "Varietes",,,$6.99. There's probably around 7-10 French channels.

Just found a few other CBC channels that will show the Habs game instead of the laffs one, woohooo!!!!

I have Rogers,,,and I just looked and it says "Varietes",,,$6.99. There's probably around 7-10 French channels.

Rogers has RDS??? I guess back when I had it I was to little and never looked for it. :P

Maybe I should switch back.

Post-it note stuck to your forehead, maybe? <_< . You know 123, that you're in the doorway to the alley. :lol:

I won't be doing another one.

I don't like the alley. -_-

And I just found out I don't have the CBC channels that are showing the habs game. <_< Gonna have to watch on cbc.ca.

My one question is... how did we get stuck with Bob " life long leaf fan ,full time Hab hater" Cole doing "our" games on CBC ???

I think Toronto should've saddled with that !!!

A Montreal player goes down...he fell...an opposing player goes down...he's tripped up...puck played with a high stick,refs arm goes up...it's always "Montreal is getting called for a penalty" doesn't he watch the game ??? I'm sure there are alot more distorted Cole"isms" out there but I fear for my physical safety (2 finger cramping)

Looking forward to playoffs...want a Laffs/ Booins 1st rd.... then we'll clean up the mess !!!

GO HABS GO !!!

My one question is... how did we get stuck with Bob " life long leaf fan ,full time Hab hater" Cole doing "our" games on CBC ???

I think Toronto should've saddled with that !!!

A Montreal player goes down...he fell...an opposing player goes down...he's tripped up...puck played with a high stick,refs arm goes up...it's always "Montreal is getting called for a penalty" doesn't he watch the game ??? I'm sure there are alot more distorted Cole"isms" out there but I fear for my physical safety (2 finger cramping)

Looking forward to playoffs...want a Laffs/ Booins 1st rd.... then we'll clean up the mess !!!

GO HABS GO !!!

If the laffs make the POs,,,then we'll get Cole,,,,if they don't,,,we "might" get Hughson.

We'll either get Cole or TSN. CBC is going to take Toronto and Vancouver in the 1st round, then TSN will get Montreal.

I may be mistaken,,,,,but doesn't TSN usually broadcast the 1st 2 rounds in the U.S. as the CBC has dibs on the Canadian teams for the entire POs? At least that's the way it used to be.

But, like I said,,,I may be mistaken.

I may be mistaken,,,,,but doesn't TSN usually broadcast the 1st 2 rounds in the U.S. as the CBC has dibs on the Canadian teams for the entire POs? At least that's the way it used to be.

But, like I said,,,I may be mistaken.

I think the CBC gets first choice of two series (or something like that), then TSN gets to choose two, etc. As Noob said, we'll see who CBC chooses, but it could well be Tor and Van, leaving us on TSN. I think it'll depend on who we're playing. If we end up facing Ott in the first round and Tor is playing, say, Washington, we most likely get the nod as a choice for CBC. If Tor is playing Bos or Ott, they'll get the nod over us. May be a tough choice for CBC this year, as they could have 4-6 teams from Canada in, and the remaining series could feature teams like Pit, NYR, Chi, Det, Ana, etc. that could be decent draws too.

I think the CBC gets first choice of two series (or something like that), then TSN gets to choose two, etc. As Noob said, we'll see who CBC chooses, but it could well be Tor and Van, leaving us on TSN. I think it'll depend on who we're playing. If we end up facing Ott in the first round and Tor is playing, say, Washington, we most likely get the nod as a choice for CBC. If Tor is playing Bos or Ott, they'll get the nod over us. May be a tough choice for CBC this year, as they could have 4-6 teams from Canada in, and the remaining series could feature teams like Pit, NYR, Chi, Det, Ana, etc. that could be decent draws too.

I can seem to remember both our series and Ottawa coverage in the past. I have no idea how it works, but it kind of seems like CBC has first rights to Canadian teams.

I can seem to remember both our series and Ottawa coverage in the past. I have no idea how it works, but it kind of seems like CBC has first rights to Canadian teams.

CBC does not have exclusive rights to all Canadian teams, it simply gets first dibs at picking its series. I believe they get the first two choices as part of their deal with TSN. TSN then gets the next choice(s) and they swap off back and forth until all the series are picked. In the past, there have only been 2-3 Canadian teams in the playoffs in a given year, so it probably seemed like CBC was getting all of them, but it's not the case. This year, it seems fairly likely TSN will get at least one Canadian series in the first round.