Canadiens de Montreal

Game 2 Florida Panthers at Montreal Canadiens

kinot-1

florida.png

VS

tumblr_lcij61K4a11qbiidn.gif

AT THE BELL CENTER

7:30 EST. RDS, FSFL TV, TSN 690 RADIO

Now that we have gotten the first loss of the season, out of the way, we can now begin to win. The Cats got pasted tonight by the Ottawa Senators 4-0, after whipping the Canes on Sat. 5-1. Which team will show up at the Bell? Who will come here to haunt us. Will it be the old man on the Florida team, namely Kovalev,,,,or will it be the rookie in Huberdeau? Each got 3 points on Sat., but of course nothing tonight. Theodore was in nets tonight,,,so I expect Clemmensen to face us tomorrow. He hasn't played one minute yet this season, so he might be rusty.

On the Habs side,,,we've had 2 days to practice and get ready for this game. We lost on Sat., but IMO, there were a collection of reasons which I won't go into here. Carey has a game under his belt, as does everyone else on the team, including Therrien. Therrien has shaken up his lines (or so I'm told) for this game, so we will see how that shakes down.

Florida Panthers Injuries:

Mike Weaver D,,,,,,,,,,Jan 19, 2013,,,,Day-to-Day,,,,,Concussion Symptoms

Kris Versteeg LW,,,,,,,Jan 19, 2013,,,,Day-to-Day,,,,,Undisclosed Injury

Sean Bergenheim LW,,,,,Jan 16, 2013,,,,Day-to-Day,,,,,Groin

Erik Gudbranson D,,,,,,Jan 14, 2013,,,,Day-to-Day,,,,,Shoulder

Marcel Goc C,,,,,,,,,,,Jan 14, 2013,,,,Day-to-Day,,,,,Ankle

Montreal Canadiens Injuries:

Petteri Nokelainen C,,,,,Jan 13, 2013,,,,,Injured Reserve,,,,,Back

According to our resident Hockey Guru, CRB, ( and I have absolute faith in her knowledge and information), our lines should look something like this:

Full lines:

Pacioretty-DD-Cole

Bourque-Pleki-Gio

Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Armstrong/White/Eller/Moen/Blunden

Markov Emelin

Gorges Diaz

Kaberle Bouillon

Weber

That would make Eller and Blunden on the outside looking in.

Also from a CRB post,,,"Via John Lu of TSN:

On trying different lines in monday practice Therrien says, "Players will learn about me and I will learn about them in a short time." Therrien says he will not commit to lineup and possible changes against Florida until tomorrow, including Eller in or out." So, who knows?

At this time, I have no idea of the Cats' lines, but they should be similiar as tonights game, with the exception of Clemmensen.

It's about time we started winning and this is as good a time as any (also, my first GDT :P ). We are facing a "tired" :rolleyes: club with a untested goalie (this season), so what's not to like?

On edit,,,,win it for me. :P:rolleyes:

Great GDT there buddy B)GO_HABS_GO.gif

Who will come here to haunt us. Will it be the old man on the Florida team, namely Kovalev,

kovalevweb2.jpg

Well, the plus is that Florida is coming off a game last night. The negative is that they were shut out, so I'm sure they'll be looking for redemption.

Excellent thread, kinot. Hopefully the Team will be just as good and get us a much needed & much desired W.

Well, the plus is that Florida is coming off a game last night. The negative is that they were shut out, so I'm sure they'll be looking for redemption.

We lost to the Leafs. We should be looking for redemption just as much.

GO HABS GO!

Great GDT!

I Know Price will show up tonight, will the reat of Montreal :( That remains to be seen

Hopefully they do, They will need to be stronger defensively with AK27 & Huber

Would love to see AG27 with Gallager

Scouted abit of their game lastnight, Kovalev looks dangerous and alot lighter on his skates

Good for him, hope he doesn't do anything to us but like to see the guy do well. Saku is flying high right now too which is great to see.

Good for him, hope he doesn't do anything to us but like to see the guy do well. Saku is flying high right now too which is great to see.

Saku is absolutely blazing out there man, he would look good in our lineup now.. should of never been let go its ridiculous

Don't really get why Eller's in the press box... I really don't like that at all, Gally with Prust and Gallagher? At the expense of Eller? Don't get it. I feel bad for Eller, the whole team took a game off on Saturday and he's the goat. He wasn't great but he wasn't "Mike Blunden dressing instead of Lars Eller" bad.

EDIT: Whoops, Blunden is scratched as well. Still, don't really get Armstrong/Gallagher over Eller. Whatever. Grit! Hooray!

Guest habs1952

Don't really get why Eller's in the press box... I really don't like that at all, Gally with Prust and Gallagher? At the expense of Eller? Don't get it. I feel bad for Eller, the whole team took a game off on Saturday and he's the goat. He wasn't great but he wasn't "Mike Blunden dressing instead of Lars Eller" bad.

EDIT: Whoops, Blunden is scratched as well. Still, don't really get Armstrong/Gallagher over Eller. Whatever. Grit! Hooray!

The "Blame it on" mantle has been passed. Blame it on Eller! Maybe Therrien can motivate the team from the start of the first period, not the start of the third.

As much as im not a fan of eller being scratched, remember JM benched subban for similar reasons. It doesn't mean eller is on his way out or anything lets not over react. Although I dont get all the hate on Blunden getting ice time (even though he is scratched). Good 4th line guy, though id obviously choose eller over him.

To me, as much as Id like to see Eller in, I understand the move.

This is as much about evaluating Gally (who has very little time) than it is anything else. To do that effectively, you want to see him at least once or twice at centre. So you either sit DD or Plekanec (not likely on either) or else you drop Eller or White. Sit White and you have to re-arrange the whole lineup as Gally needs someone decent on his wing.

The other thing is: you sit prust or white or moen, big deal. You sit a young, talented forward & it sends a message to everyone. Plus its only fair to give Gallagher at least one game with the bigs before getting sent down.

I would be shocked if Lars is out more than one game. If Gally looks awesome at centre, then look for Eller to dress as a winger next game.

As much as im not a fan of eller being scratched, remember JM benched subban for similar reasons. It doesn't mean eller is on his way out or anything lets not over react. Although I dont get all the hate on Blunden getting ice time (even though he is scratched). Good 4th line guy, though id obviously choose eller over him.

I agree, it's one game, no need to panic yet. MT didn't have the benefit of a pre-season to play with lines. Unfortunately, he'll have to do it on the fly. Which means some players may be sitting out until MT gets to know all the players.

It's unfortunate for Eller, but players are going to be cut until MT is familiar with the team.

Me too, Kovalev is a very misunderstood/underrated player. Probably one of the most dangerous players for opposing teams. You know the guy has the skill, but the fact he doesn't always show means you never know which Kovalev you'll face. Will it be the Kovalev who's invisible or will he be "Super Kovy" who can skate through your whole team like they were pylons and slide his teammates and amazing tape to tape pass in the slot?

Everytime we faced Ottawa I was nervous Kovalev make take that night to light it up. He did nothing for most of the season then had a 4 point night for Ottawa-on the 3rd line.

Even slowed a bit with age, he's always a dangerous player.