The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #3: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 Canadiens @ Capitals 7:00 PM

EHIW

MONTREAL CANADIENS @ WASHINGTON CAPITALS

TV: RDS,TSN-HABS,CSN-DC

SEASON RECORD: MTL - 1-1-0,WSH - 0-2-0

LAST GAME: FLA 1 - 4 MTL / WPG 4 - 2 WSH

*Thread will be uploaded later with highlights from the teams last games, lineups, player and team stats.

Let's get this baby moving B) . Using my trusty Tea-leaves, I see MT making a difficult decision, with regards to who plays and who watches. It seemed to me as though everything was working for Our Habs on Tues., (except for Whites indiscretions) , so do you tinker with a winning line-up, or leave it as is? I think Eller should play, but then, who goes? My Tea-leaves don't tell me that. :(

Let's get this baby moving B)

Yea,were on a winning streak.....GO_HABS_GO.gif

From TSN:

The Montreal Canadiens head off on their first road trip of the season. The team practiced for about an hour at their practice facility in Brossard before boarding a 2pm et flight to Washington. Head coach Michel Therrien will be icing the same lines as on Tuesday night. The coach feels no one from that line up deserves to be taken out.

Sounds good to me. :)

this game will tell us what kind of team and coach we have this year. Last year we had games where we played amazing one game and all sudden came out a whole different team the next (and in a very bad way). Its the old "how in the world is this even same team that played last game" . I wont get to excited about last game instead I will be weary of the habs as mentioned so many times have the habs come out looking like a Stanley cup team with amazing play to all sudden flop for 3+ games . Any one else feel what I am saying or share my concern? just been frustrating the way we know they can play and the way most games they do come out to play or lack there of.

this game will tell us what kind of team and coach we have this year. Last year we had games where we played amazing one game and all sudden came out a whole different team the next (and in a very bad way). Its the old "how in the world is this even same team that played last game" . I wont get to excited about last game instead I will be weary of the habs as mentioned so many times have the habs come out looking like a Stanley cup team with amazing play to all sudden flop for 3+ games . Any one else feel what I am saying or share my concern? just been frustrating the way we know they can play and the way most games they do come out to play or lack there of.

I prefer to look at it this way. Last year we had a whole lot of problems. Anything from the Gomez sideshow, injuries, 1 assistant coach being fired, then the head coach, and then the Cunneyworth catastrophe. Too many distractions.

This year is a whole new hockey game. A new GM,,,coaching staff, new players (5 in yesterdays game),,,no injuries (as of yet), and hopefully a winning attitude. The only fly in the ointment is the PK deal.

I actually really fear the Caps finally decided to play, its going to be an interesting matchup

There's a lot going against us tonight.

We're on the road.

Caps will be hungry for their first win (0-2).

OV hasn't scored yet.

We haven't beat the Caps in our last 6 meetings.

With all that said,,,,,,we can do it.

Just seeing what the Washington Post has to say about the game tonight. When the page came up,,,it showed a picture of all of the banners hanging in the rafters of the Verizon Center, there are 11. Among them "Regular season EC champions (2),,,Southeast division champions (6 of them),,,,Presidents trophy,),,,,and others I can't read.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just looked at some stats for both teams. Through 2 games, the Caps are averaging 36.5 shots against and 5 Goals against. Their PK is only as 58.3%, so hopefully we can get the PP working like it was against Florida and that can go a long way toward puling out a W. Also, Neuvirth is 4-1 with one SO and a 1.82 GAA. However those games scores, dating back to last season, were 3-0, 4-1, 3-2. We've been slowly improving against them so obviously that means we're getting a win tonight! :lol:

From the Washington Post:

"Through two games the Capitals defense has been out of sorts. The defensemen struggle to clear their own zone, sometimes fail to take away an angle or option for an opponent, find themselves flat footed and are caught out of position. Against Winnipeg Tuesday, the Capitals were all but incapable of cutting off their foe’s possessions as the Jets outshot them 20-9 and recorded a pair of goals in the second period."

Seems their D is in disarray, and might be exploited.

From the Washington Post:

"Through two games the Capitals defense has been out of sorts. The defensemen struggle to clear their own zone, sometimes fail to take away an angle or option for an opponent, find themselves flat footed and are caught out of position. Against Winnipeg Tuesday, the Capitals were all but incapable of cutting off their foe’s possessions as the Jets outshot them 20-9 and recorded a pair of goals in the second period."

Seems their D is in disarray, and might be exploited.

I'm sure they'll get it together tonight for us. :rolleyes: I really hate going into a building against a desperate team, but it is what it is. We'll need to be at our best.

I'm sure they'll get it together tonight for us. :rolleyes: I really hate going into a building against a desperate team, but it is what it is. We'll need to be at our best.

I'm not sure that being at home is going to be much help to them. I watched some of their last game against Winnipeg during the Habs intermissions - the boo-birds were out in force. If we can have a good first period and maybe a few big penalty kills then we might be able to make playing in front of the home crowd work against them.

I'm not sure that being at home is going to be much help to them. I watched some of their last game against Winnipeg during the Habs intermissions - the boo-birds were out in force. If we can have a good first period and maybe a few big penalty kills then we might be able to make playing in front of the home crowd work against them.

THIS

Score first, score often, come away with two points & let the Craps fall to 0-3.

NHL.com:

"Who's hot: Offseason acquisition Mike Ribeiro has points in each of the Capitals' first two games and leads the team with three points, all assists. Alex Ovechkin, adjusting to life on the right wing, has one assist but leads the team with eight shots on goal through two games. … Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov scored twice in a span of 15:07 on Tuesday night after going 26 months since his last goal. Goaltender Carey Price has allowed just three goals on 54 shots this season for a save percentage of .944.

Injury report: The Capitals are without Brooks Laich (groin) and Jack Hillen (upper body). Hillen skated Wednesday, but Laich didn't, suggesting he is still far from a return…The Canadiens are missing center Petteri Nokelainen with a back injury, the timetable for his return is unknown, and restricted free agent defenseman P.K. Subban remains unsigned."

Go Habs Go!!

We need a Big W to keep pace with the rest of the Conference. Aslong as Price plays like Price and we can get a few goals we should come out on top with a W.

4 - 3 or 5 - 2 Canadiens win tonight is my prediction watch it be 3 - 2 lol

Go Habs Go!!

We need a Big W to keep pace with the rest of the Conference. Aslong as Price plays like Price and we can get a few goals we should come out on top with a W.

4 - 3 or 5 - 2 Canadiens win tonight is my prediction watch it be 3 - 2 lol

Hey, 2 PTs. is 2 PTs., doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 9-1,,,,we still end up with 2. :)