The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #6 | Montreal Vs Ottawa | 30 January 2013 7:00pm EST

beaubie

If this is the NHL's attempt to make the game more "entertaining" to watch, it looks about as successful as the rest of the NHL's attempts to do anything. This is farcical at best.

Was the same way after the last lockout.

Whistles were going every 30 seconds.

Was the same way after the last lockout.

Whistles were going every 30 seconds.

It didn't seem as egregious as this to me. Perhaps it's because last time they came out and made a big deal about it. Removing obstruction, calling hooking and clutching etc in a direct and stated goal of increasing scoring and speed. Whereas this time I don't recall the NHL coming out and saying "we're going to call more things because we want more goals per game on average".

Mind you, I didn't like it then either, but still.

20 down, 40 to go. Maybe we can hit 50 penalties for the night? :P

It didn't seem as egregious as this to me. Perhaps it's because last time they came out and made a big deal about it. Removing obstruction, calling hooking and clutching etc in a direct and stated goal of increasing scoring and speed. Whereas this time I don't recall the NHL coming out and saying "we're going to call more things because we want more goals per game on average".

Mind you, I didn't like it then either, but still.

20 down, 40 to go. Maybe we can hit 50 penalties for the night? :P

Not as many changes this time, so there wasn't as much made of it, but was it ever slow and painful to watch until the players got use to the new calls.