The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #11: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 Maple Leafs @ Canadiens 7:00 PM

HabsRuleForever

Anybody still think we have a playoff team?

No more or less than I did two games ago. Short season or not, it's deleterious to go too far in either direction.

I can think of five or six teams over the last two years alone that were worse than how we look right now and made it in to 8th. Some of them won series, one one a cup. We'll see how it goes.

If Cole isn't screaming "please healthy scratch me", I don't know.

I'm just speculating, but don't know if anyone remembers the article from cole during the lockout where he said he tweaked something training?

I'm wondering if he's still not 100%.

Patches, it's clear what could be ailing him.

I'm just speculating, but don't know if anyone remembers the article from cole during the lockout where he said he tweaked something training?

I'm wondering if he's still not 100%.

Patches, it's clear what could be ailing him.

That certainly could be it. He's just looking so out of sorts. The entire first line is having an awful start so far, which is really a shame. That said, they're all talented guys who haven't forgotten how to play hockey. If it's physical, it'll come together. I do wonder about our arrangement and use of centres, however.

Wow, does the sun rise where you live?

Always doom and gloom for you.

Giving a realistic assessment of the team isn't doom and gloom, especially given last season. I said it before, and I'll say it again: this team has to convince me that they're good. One hot streak to start the season isn't proof that we've turned the corner. Toronto and Montreal finished in the basement last year -- this year, they're about the same in the standings. But neither team is particularly good. You let a division rival come to home ice and school you like this TWICE, you are not a very good team. And we suck against our own division, incidentally.