The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ryder traded to Montreal for Cole

roy_133

TSN radio, they're talking about the trade.

A guy calls in to ask the host "what's the French word for tripping?"

Host says,,,,"Habs just traded Cole to Dallas for Ryder, and you want to know what the French word for tripping is?""

Caller says "Ya, I know that, but what is the French word for tripping?"

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Even Price sent Cole a message via Twitter so it must be confirmed.

He must've asked for the trade. I wonder what happened, he seemed so happy last season when the team was doing badly. Now the team is doing well, he asks to be traded?!?

I'll miss Cole, have wanted him on the habs when the Oil signed him.

Maybe problems with MT or MB, just don't understand why he'd demand a trade when the teams finally doing well.

Could account for his lackluster play since the start of the season.

Maybe the emergence of Bourque and having pacioretty, we needed a finesse guy. Even you and weep have said that with the loss of Cammy we had no real "sniper".

Cole ran his mouth threatening to retire, and Im sure that didn't sit well with Molson, who can afford it but probably doesn't want to pay someone to sit at home. I think Cole also mentioned stuff about his family and schooling in the states but I'm not sure.

Ryder is on the last year of a contract, and if were not in the playoff hunt at deadline time can easily be flipped for another future.

I loved having Cole here, and am sad to see him go, but from right away Im impressed with this move.

Wanted a trade? :unsure: Just speculating.

He had to OK it, either askd for it or when approached by MB agreed.

Clearly somethings been up with him this season.

I'm going to miss him, we are losing some size and grit, but hopefully gaining offense.

He calls it quits after a season. Maybe his off-seasons comments about the CBA ruffled some feathers in the dressing room.

We apparently also got a 3rd round pick. Not bad, Bergevin.

Really?

I thought we'd be the one's giving up a pick. I guess it has to do with the length of Cole's contract compared to Ryder's. Well, even if Ryder doesn't resign, that clears up some cap space for the FA frenzy.

I'll miss him, but this is probably better for the habs long term.

Really?

I thought we'd be the one's giving up a pick. I guess it has to do with the length of Cole's contract compared to Ryder's. Well, even if Ryder doesn't resign, that clears up some cap space for the FA frenzy.

I'll miss him, but this is probably better for the habs long term.

clearly we are signing getzlaf and perry :D

Maybe the emergence of Bourque and having pacioretty, we needed a finesse guy. Even you and weep have said that with the loss of Cammy we had no real "sniper".

Cole ran his mouth threatening to retire, and Im sure that didn't sit well with Molson, who can afford it but probably doesn't want to pay someone to sit at home. I think Cole also mentioned stuff about his family and schooling in the states but I'm not sure.

Ryder is on the last year of a contract, and if were not in the playoff hunt at deadline time can easily be flipped for another future.

I loved having Cole here, and am sad to see him go, but from right away Im impressed with this move.

Cole was a power forward capable of putting them in the back of he net.

Ryder should add some fire power to our offense. He's nothing spectacular, he's been on average a 30 goal scorer. So we're getting another Gio, with a bit more size. Apart from his last season in Montreal, he's been pretty to the 30 goal plateau every season.

But I remember him being a bit of a problem in the dressing room. I almost hope he doesn't resign with the habs and we go after someone else in the off season. Bruins didn't keep him around despite another 30+ goal campaign. Think he's a bit of a problem player, as a rental it's a good move and we don't have to worry about Cole's final season.

Like I said before, I'll miss Cole, but think this the best for the future of the Habs. Something was clearly up with Cole since the beginning of the season.

Ok, according to TSN sportcentre (Dregger) MB approached Cole and said there was a trade in the works. Cole asked MB some time, he got back to him at around 4pm and agreed to be traded.

There was something going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of. I doubt we ever will know the whole story.

Im not mad but Im not happy. I liked cole and thought hed be better, but I can understand if he lost some friends due to his comments.

I'm just surprised. Didn't see any trades coming at all.

How... strange.

I'll miss Cole.

WOW.....what a hugeeeee difference from last season can get ya dry.gif....wishing you all the best Cole,thanks for your time here as a hab......*Man,you were fun to watch on this team last yr.