The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Michael Ryder

BigTed3

Loved Cole last season but I really liked this trade from the start. We have plenty of wingers that crash the net, but Ryder is a player type we've been lacking since Cammalleri was traded. He'll be streaky and score in bunches but as long as the production is there, he can sit in a hammock on the blueline sipping red wine and eating grapes.

He plays within himself now. That's the biggest change I've noticed since his last time in Montreal. Back then, he frustrated me by constantly trying to do things that were out of his comfort level / skill set. Now, he knows what his bread and butter is, and he sticks to it. The result is a more efficient player.

He plays within himself now. That's the biggest change I've noticed since his last time in Montreal. Back then, he frustrated me by constantly trying to do things that were out of his comfort level / skill set. Now, he knows what his bread and butter is, and he sticks to it. The result is a more efficient player.

I don't think I've seen "the move" since he's been back either.

It was basically just incredibly lame dangling where he'd put his head down (you could almost feel the "tongue sticking out" look of concentration on his face) and try to beat a player one on one with fancy stickwork, only to lose the puck ... every time.

Well colour me wrong! I was around back then and I thought "the move" referred to his classic take-it-around-the-net-for-a-wraparound shot that never, ever worked. I guess Ryder was at least a two-trick pony.

Well colour me wrong! I was around back then and I thought "the move" referred to his classic take-it-around-the-net-for-a-wraparound shot that never, ever worked. I guess Ryder was at least a two-trick pony.

I actually thought this was "the move" that weep was referring to also. Ryder definitely tried the wrap-around many many many mind numbing times...but unlike the one that weep is talking about, it did work at least a couple from my memory.

Where is the love? :unsure: Still seeing the negative jabs at Michael even after quite successful career so far. Living in the past with blinders on. Sad :(

Oh, lighten up. Nobody's jabbing at Michael. I think everyone here has to be pleased with his performance this time around as a Hab. We were just joking around about stuff that happened a long time ago.

Oh, lighten up. Nobody's jabbing at Michael. I think everyone here has to be pleased with his performance this time around as a Hab. We were just joking around about stuff that happened a long time ago.

Okay Weep... I'm lightened up. You hear the one about the Newfie who joined the IRA and blew up a bus? He burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe... too light maybe?