The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013 Trade Deadline - April 3rd

From TSN

The Penguins and Dallas Stars have a trade in place that would see veteran forward Brenden Morrow headed to Pittsburgh in exchange for a package that would include defenceman Joe Morrow, according to sources.

The deal, however, hinges on Brenden Morrow waiving his no trade clause.

Scoring six goals and five assists in 29 games this season, Brenden Morrow is currently in the final year of his six-year contract worth an annual average value of $4.1 million.

He has spent his entire 12-year career with the Stars. In 835 career games he has 243 goals and 285 assists.

:

Guest habs1952

From TSN

The Penguins and Dallas Stars have a trade in place that would see veteran forward Brenden Morrow headed to Pittsburgh in exchange for a package that would include defenceman Joe Morrow, according to sources.

The deal, however, hinges on Brenden Morrow waiving his no trade clause.

Scoring six goals and five assists in 29 games this season, Brenden Morrow is currently in the final year of his six-year contract worth an annual average value of $4.1 million.

He has spent his entire 12-year career with the Stars. In 835 career games he has 243 goals and 285 assists.

:

Done deal.

Pens setting in motion serious run in playoffs

Boston front runner in the JAROME IGINLA sweepstakes <_< .......*his choice of team including 3 others

I hope not.

Same here, but I think they might be. Pittsburgh would probably be his front runner, but will they go after Iginla after Morrow and Murray? Probably not IMO. He would be good in Chicago too, but I don't think they plan on doing much this deadline.

On iginla, a couple of things/thoughts:

1) I hope he goes to Boston because I would love to NOT have Malcolm Subban play for our bitter rivals. Sure there's no guarantee that PKs brother will be "that good" but id just as soon we not find out with Boston as the guinea pig.

2) I think its funny that so many bloggers and columnists are going on about how Iginla is "worth whatever it will cost".... its interesting. Yes, he's one of the most dominant players of his generation. Yes, while he's lost a step, he's still an effective player but I dont think he's anywhere near as important to a cup run as some people seem to think. Its almost unfathomable, but despite playing in 15 nhl seasons (1200+ regular season games) he's only played 54 playoff games. Ever. And 26 of those were in one year (nearly 10 years ago). Heck, you could argue that Mike Cammelleri is a more important/consistent playoff performer. One post I read said how Iginla's cup experience is 'priceless' - i felt like reminding said blogger that Iggy has exactly zero cups. ;)

3) Im also glad he didnt include us in his 'teams he would accept a trade to' list. We cant afford the price its going to take to land him & not having the temptation just makes things a little less nutty.

Oh yeah and on the flames - it would be funny for a team to add Jaybo for their playoff run. 9 NHL seasons. 748 games. 0 playoff games.

According to TSN's Aaron Ward, the Boston Bruins have acquired Jarome Iginla from the Calgary Flames.

Iginla was not in the Flames lineup for their game against the Colorado Avalanche tonight.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie believes that defenceman Matt Bartkowski, prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, and a conditional first-round draft pick may be headed to Calgary in return, with the first rounder conditional on Iginla re-signing with the Bruins.

Bartkowski was a healthy scratch for the Bruins tonight while Khokhlachev wasn't in the lineup for Boston's AHL affiliate in Providence.

The Flames' record-holder for goals, points, and games played, Iginla has nine goals and 22 points in 31 games this season. He is in the final year of a five-year deal he signed prior to the 2008-09 season worth an average annual value of $7 million.

As i said in the GDT:

Iginla is too slow for the fast pace of the east. An over the hill guy wont help them in the way their fans think he will. The way I look at it is if Mtl traded Kristo/Collberg, Thrower/Ellis, and their first round pick for Iginla who will play 15 games + playoffs, I wouldnt be too happy. Iginla is nowhere near the player he was before. I think this will have as much impact on the Bruins as Morrow to the Penguins.

Hopefully he is a huge bust or gets injured in his first game... a man can dream :D

Of course I will root on my habs allllll the way as far as we go into the playoffs,but when & if the time comes when the light gets turned off,I will now have no problem rooting for Pittsburgh,rooting for Iggy .....I for one would enjoy seeing him lift the cup,class act he is in my books..........BUT 1ST ITS MY HABS,GO HABS GO!

As i said in the GDT:

Iginla is too slow for the fast pace of the east. An over the hill guy wont help them in the way their fans think he will. The way I look at it is if Mtl traded Kristo/Collberg, Thrower/Ellis, and their first round pick for Iginla who will play 15 games + playoffs, I wouldnt be too happy. Iginla is nowhere near the player he was before. I think this will have as much impact on the Bruins as Morrow to the Penguins.

Hopefully he is a huge bust or gets injured in his first game... a man can dream :D

If we break this trade down Iginla was traded for PIT 1st (28th-30th overall) + two NCAA prospects drafted in the 3rd and 5th round of the 2009-2010 draft year respectably. This means we could actually claim Iginla for CGY 2nd (30th-33th overall) +McMillan+Clichy. From the above we all can see how bad Calgary got bended again. Lets all vote Feaster for GM of the world.

Of course some can argue that Feaster had no leverage in negotiations, but if i recall right Iginla had listed 4 teams as trade destinations, and the offer Boston made, if true (BOS 1st+Bartkowski/Caron+Kockhlatsev) was a way better offer. So, i guess we are talking about a huge Pens gift...Maybe Feaster thinks his job isn't safe, pretty much, and has an eye on Ray Shero's assistant GM spot... ;)