The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013 Trade Deadline - April 3rd

It's a terrible trade, but I take it with a grain of salt. This year and maybe next if he doesn't win a Cup is going to be his swan song. It's pretty obvious to me who was in the driver's seat for this trade, and it wasn't a general manager.

Maybe Feaster thought he could pick him back up on waivers after the deal was completed?

Of course I will root on my habs allllll the way as far as we go into the playoffs,but when & if the time comes when the light gets turned off,I will now have no problem rooting for Pittsburgh,rooting for Iggy .....I for one would enjoy seeing him lift the cup,class act he is in my books..........BUT 1ST ITS MY HABS,GO HABS GO!

This.

Evidently Chiarrali had a presser to tell the fans how the Iginla deal didn't go thru. He said that (was tweeted) "Peter Chiarelli: "We were told at noon yesterday that we'd

won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes."

He also said that he asked Feaster if PC could talk to Iginla and was denied. :lol: :lol:

Basically,,,,sticking with the ruins mantra,,,,,,,whinning. :lol:

Guest habs1952

As i said in the GDT:

Iginla is too slow for the fast pace of the east. An over the hill guy wont help them in the way their fans think he will. The way I look at it is if Mtl traded Kristo/Collberg, Thrower/Ellis, and their first round pick for Iginla who will play 15 games + playoffs, I wouldnt be too happy. Iginla is nowhere near the player he was before. I think this will have as much impact on the Bruins as Morrow to the Penguins.

Hopefully he is a huge bust or gets injured in his first game... a man can dream :D

Agree. I'd rather keep the youth than bring in someone in the twilight of their career.

It's a terrible trade, but I take it with a grain of salt. This year and maybe next if he doesn't win a Cup is going to be his swan song. It's pretty obvious to me who was in the driver's seat for this trade, and it wasn't a general manager.

If I were to take a guess I'd say Iginla will play a couple more years...he just badly needed a change of scenery .

Indeed, terrible trade by Feester, but what more could he really have acquired? At least they got something in return instead of letting him walk , but no doubt Pittsburgh wins this trade.

Immedietly labeling the penguins as cup winners is a little bit of a stretch, a-lot can happen, but offensively it is hard to say now that they don't have the best offense in the league. Defensively.....we'll see.

Not a penguins fan at all so Iginla or not I'm not rooting for him with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Dupuis , Shero and others that I personally distaste at times :lol:

Guest habs1952

If I were to take a guess I'd say Iginla will play a couple more years...he just badly needed a change of scenery .

Indeed, terrible trade by Feester, but what more could he really have acquired? At least they got something in return instead of letting him walk , but no doubt Pittsburgh wins this trade.

Immedietly labeling the penguins as cup winners is a little bit of a stretch, a-lot can happen, but offensively it is hard to say now that they don't have the best offense in the league. Defensively.....we'll see.

Not a penguins fan at all so Iginla or not I'm not rooting for him with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Dupuis , Shero and others that I personally distaste at times :lol:

I hope the first round pick Calgary gets from the Pens turns into a 10x first team all-star.

Just looking at the standings as of today, in the EC,,,there's only 7 PTs. separating 8th from 15th. In the WC,,,there's only 8 PTs. separating 8th from 15th. That puts some GMs in a quandry,,,,,,be sellers or buyers? The teams at the top will be looking for the "Butch Goring" effect. That one player that will help take them to the Promised Land.

The POs. are money-makers for the owners, ,,,,make the POs. and you're guaranteed 2 home games. I would expect that some GMs will part with a highly touted player, in order to get better for next year through draft pics or younger talent. So, that would put the sellers in the drivers seat. The sellers could start a bidding war to get the best deal.

IMO, there won't be too much movement on Apr. 3rd, but there will be some.