The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013 Trade Deadline - April 3rd

Yep, and that's fine. I'm 100% okay with us standing pat at the deadline.

You and me both, especially seeing what these guys have gone for.

Me three. Was just coming here to say the same thing.

Man, if Buffalo can deal Pomminville, they'll be sitting pretty at the draft table the next couple years along with Calgary.

Buffalo sabres have asked captain Jason Pomminville to provide them a list of 8 teams to which he'll refuse them a trade

The tweet said "Sabres asked Pominville to submit a list of 8 teams he does not want to play for"

To which my response was, he should have the Sabres on that list. :P

Well. the Bouwmeester trade is a bit of a head-scratcher for me. I'm surprised Feaster still has a job. Let's make a ridiculous offer for Curtis Glencross while he's still at the helm.

jaybouwmeester_2861-430x298.jpg

The Calgary Flames continued to usher big names out the door with the trade of defenceman Jay Bouwmeester to the St. Louis Blues on Monday. The move comes just ahead of the NHL's trade deadline 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, and on the heels of Calgary dealing captain Jarome Iginla to Pittsburgh last week.

Full Story.

Sabres trade Regehr to Kings for second round picks

You and me both, especially seeing what these guys have gone for.

A factor in the asking price must surely be the lower number of games remaining in the regular season, no? In a normal, non-lockout-shortened year, your rental would be playing more regular-season games than the paltry 12 or 13 remaining. Conversely, that rental would also be going to a team taking on more of his pro-rated salary.

A factor in the asking price must surely be the lower number of games remaining in the regular season, no? In a normal, non-lockout-shortened year, your rental would be playing more regular-season games than the paltry 12 or 13 remaining. Conversely, that rental would also be going to a team taking on more of his pro-rated salary.

It's definitely a new dynamic to consider. I'd be interested in Pominville depending on what the asking price is. We'd have him for all of next year and he's probably better than anything available in the free agent market. (Bonus marks for getting a French player ;-))

It's definitely a new dynamic to consider. I'd be interested in Pominville depending on what the asking price is. We'd have him for all of next year and he's probably better than anything available in the free agent market. (Bonus marks for getting a French player ;-))

re: free July 2013 UFA market .... TSN rates Dupuis as tops :huh:

Ya, maybe if he comes with his linemates (Crosby and Kunitz) ..... proverbial fire hydrant, Dupuis.

That and the fact that this year - even moreso than most - it is hard to say who will and wont make the playoffs. There are really only 3 teams (florida, calgary, colorado) who are pretty much guaranteed to be out. The other 27 teams are all still in the hunt for 16 spots.

Jagr on the market now. Boston apparently hot for him.

Id still like us to make a play for Jagr (if the price is right).

Hopefully Pittsburg & Boston meet in the 2nd round & beat each other up & we can just clean up the mess in the conference finals

Teams are loading up and the only way I want to see this team make a move is if we get that player signed after this year.

Exactly, or as some of us have been calling it, a "Hockey Deal" - the type of trade you'd make any time of year, not just because its deadline.