The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013 Trade Deadline - April 3rd

Tomorrow is deadline day. I guess team's are trying to get things done before the last minute.

So... Clowe and Robidas still out there...

And Ruins probably traded the exact same package for Jagr that they offered for Iginla.

What's wrong with the exact same package for Jagr? :mellow: Jagr's had a better career than Iginla...

EDIT: And Jagr has more points than Iginla this season despite being six years older (41).

Toda's not trade deadline day, right? or was it yerterday? Could've fooled me...

Now that Bruins have acquired Jagr, I think it's safe to say that you can take them off the list of possible destinations for Ryane Clowe...

Yeah but Bergevin has made it very clear that he will not overpay for a rental player. He will not trade a first round pick for Clowe, which is probably what the Sharks are looking for. Other teams will gladly offer up their picks and prospects for Clowe, but not Bergevin. The only way he gives a 1st + Prospect is if he plans to sign Clowe to an extension as soon as he gets to mtl. My guess would be that the habs will stand pat and do nothing.

Tomorrow is deadline day. I guess team's are trying to get things done before the last minute.

What's wrong with the exact same package for Jagr? :mellow: Jagr's had a better career than Iginla...

Yeah I knew that, I was just making reference to the amount of activity we have seen in the past 24 hours... if this keeps up, there won't be much activity for TSN and RDS to announce come tomorrow, who have half the day devoted to announcing and talking about trades. :P

''So guys... what should we talk about now?''

Yeah but Bergevin has made it very clear that he will not overpay for a rental player. He will not trade a first round pick for Clowe, which is probably what the Sharks are looking for. Other teams will gladly offer up their picks and prospects for Clowe, but not Bergevin. The only way he gives a 1st + Prospect is if he plans to sign Clowe to an extension as soon as he gets to mtl. My guess would be that the habs will stand pat and do nothing.

I don't really want Ryan Clowe. I'm not sure what he would bring to the roster that we don't already have? Anyone else care to inform me? I know he's "rugged," but we already have Moen and Prust in our bottom six. Ryan White, if necessary. I'd much rather look at a solid defender. Robidas' name has come up hear a few times.

I don't really want Ryan Clowe. I'm not sure what he would bring to the roster that we don't already have? Anyone else care to inform me? I know he's "rugged," but we already have Moen and Prust in our bottom six. Ryan White, if necessary. I'd much rather look at a solid defender. Robidas' name has come up hear a few times.

And Clowe has zero goals so far this season.

EDIT: And Jagr has more points than Iginla this season despite being six years older (41).

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it :P

I only assumed that since they were ready to giveaway those assets a week ago, they would probably still be ready and willing to do so again and it would be a likely move by them.

Yeah I knew that, I was just making reference to the amount of activity we have seen in the past 24 hours... if this keeps up, there won't be much activity for TSN and RDS to announce come tomorrow, who have half the day devoted to announcing and talking about trades. :P

''So guys... what should we talk about now?''

Let's talk about which player we would rather have on our post-season roster had we beat out Pittsburgh and Boston for them.

I'd take Jagr.

Yes I know, Im not exactly pro-Clowe here, I was just stating that the bruins are no longer after Clowe.

I only assumed that since they were ready to giveaway those assets a week ago, they would probably still be ready and willing to do so again and it would be a likely move by them.

Ya, and I just found it funny. And they gave 2 prospects and a pick, we don't know who those are but they could be the same thing they offered for Jagr.

And Clowe has zero goals so far this season.

Gomez can't set him up, I guess.

Oh sorry, I thought you were implying it would be a bad move on Boston's part. I think Jagr is actually the better player.

I agree. It was confirmed a few days ago that Bergevin was talking to the Sharks about Clowe, and some fans seem to really want him here, so I thought I would just shed some light on a probably thought process from Bergevin. I would rather obtain Robidas as well. Not sure about all the hype for Clowe... he could very easily turn out to be a huge bust for us.

Ya, and I just found it funny. And they gave 2 prospects and a pick, we don't know who those are but they could be the same thing they offered for Jagr.

Yeah, those prospects must not be very pumped about this whole thing :P

I can see why some fans would want Ryan Clowe. 'Cause he's tough and rugged and gritty and he's CAPABLE of scoring 20 goals in a good year with the right linemates. However, I don't think he's going to have the right linemates in Montreal or powerplay time, for that matter. And I'm not sure if we need more bottom six toughness. If Ryan Clowe was going to cost us a second round pick or a prospect like Morgan Ellis I wouldn't really care. However, San Jose is going to overvalue him because of him being "good ol' Canadian boy who can drop the gloves!"

I don't understand why Jose is even shopping Clowe around if he's such an important piece for the playoffs. They're currently holding down a spot themselves.

A random question: What is future considerations?

Usually it involves a draft pick in the eventuality that the team they traded him to resigns the player. That would be an example of FC.