The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #21 - Penguins @ Canadiens - 7:00 pm ET

uncivilengineer

To me, the worst thing tonight was seeing Therrien CHOOSE to send Ryan White out to take a draw against Sidney Crosby in the defensive zone. That's imbecilic. If Plekanec is tired, send out Eller or better yet Desharnais. Don't send out your worst forwards against the other team's best forwards when you have last line change and the play is starting in your end, to boot. I couldn't believe that sequence...

You were saying Habs_93?

Mea culpa. I'll away to the alley.

As for this game, I'm just hoping they do anything required to prevent Matt Cooke from getting a hat trick.

I like how these awful games happen when we could gain standings. <_<

To me, the worst thing tonight was seeing Therrien CHOOSE to send Ryan White out to take a draw against Sidney Crosby in the defensive zone. That's imbecilic. If Plekanec is tired, send out Eller or better yet Desharnais. Don't send out your worst forwards against the other team's best forwards when you have last line change and the play is starting in your end, to boot. I couldn't believe that sequence...

I would assume since white is one of our better face off men that would be the logic to send him out. He has been playing better since his ride pine streak, but I did miss the leaf game wednesday so maybe hes regressed.

I really don't like the use the 38 year old on our top 4 idea.

Shot numbers are pretty even. No way Pittsburgh gets lazy and passive in the later periods. Really, really can't afford to take the foot off the accelerator.

About an hour ago, habs_93 said the above. The Habs didn't hear.

Gah...

I would assume since white is one of our better face off men that would be the logic to send him out. He has been playing better since his ride pine streak, but I did miss the leaf game wednesday so maybe hes regressed.

I really don't like the use the 38 year old on our top 4 idea.

If that was the rationale, that's even worse. White isn't Yanic Perreault, and his percentage is likely inflated because he doesn't take enough draws to level out his numbers. Therrien sent out our three worst forwards to face Sidney Crosby. From a coaching standpoint, that's just horrendous when you're at home and you have the last line change.

It's not about how well Ryan White is playing. White could be playing the best he'll play all year and I would still do my level best to shield him from facing the other team's top forwards, let alone a player like Crosby.