The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #27 | Senators @ Canadiens | March 13th, 2013 | 7pm EST

WestCoastHabs

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Any stats guys around? I know about the Fenwick/Fenwick Close stats that measure shots for/against in close and tied games to rate possession. Is there any stat like that for PPs/PKs? I'd like to know how bad our PP/PK is in tight/tied games. How many times it blows a lead/fails to tie a game/etc. It might be natural pessimism but it kinda feels like the special teams are only good when they don't need to be.

Any stats guys around? I know about the Fenwick/Fenwick Close stats that measure shots for/against in close and tied games to rate possession. Is there any stat like that for PPs/PKs? I'd like to know how bad our PP/PK is in tight/tied games. How many times it blows a lead/fails to tie a game/etc. It might be natural pessimism but it kinda feels like the special teams are only good when they don't need to be.

Bring it up in the stats thread. Somebody might know.

this design project is killing me cause he hasn't taught us how the electronics and motors and senors or and solenoids work yet <_<.

When you plug them in, they work. Unless the power's out.

For my tutoring services, that will be $50. :D

This subpar penalty kill is going to cost us down the stretch. How many times this year have we been scored on during the first power play of the game for the other team? Far too frequently, it seems to me.

I mean, REALLY, all Therrien had to do is say "just keep doing what you did last year". There is no need to change the box play system or line-up.

We have a really good crew of box play players, I'd like to see them get icetime in this priority:

Forwards: Plekanec, Moen, Eller, Prust, Gionta, Bourque

Defensemen: Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Markov

When you plug them in, they work. Unless the power's out.

For my tutoring services, that will be $50. :D

I was just going to say....make sure it's plugged in. :P

I mean, REALLY, all Therrien had to do is say "just keep doing what you did last year". There is no need to change the box play system or line-up.

We have a really good crew of box play players, I'd like to see them get icetime in this priority:

Forwards: Plekanec, Moen, Eller, Prust, Gionta, Bourque

Defensemen: Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Markov

Yeah, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. Now we're MOR on the penalty kill instead of no. 2, as we were last year.

I don't get the fascination with using guys like White and Armstrong on the PK. They aren't good, they don't have the hockey sense and anticipation to be consistently effective.