Canadiens de Montreal

Game #30 Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Canadiens @ Islanders 7:00 PM RDS

HabsRuleForever

Has anybody seen Arch lately?

I miss the old guy.

yea...I was gone for a while,I return & have not seen him since here :(

I hope he's ok.

this

Yup pretty solid, and Ryder was flying!!

dude...your sig rocks B)

Joy. A second period. On the road. Against the Islanders. After a first in which we scored a PPG. Against the Islanders.

Hold me. :huh:

yea...I was gone for a while,I return & have not seen him since here :(

I hope he's okay. It's not the same without him.

I hope he's okay. It's not the same without him.

totally agree

Always wonder when long time members disappear out of the blue.

yep.....sometimes unfortunate circumstances arises in one's private life that prevents them to participate as once done.

The Tavares goal... Price was caught cheating, like soup Carey was expecting a pass. Not the best goal to give up, but it was a Tavares shot.

Ok.

I'm going to stir the pot something fierce here.

I love Carey Price. But...I'm quickly becoming convinced that he's not an elite goalie. Maybe he was, but not this season. I would expect an elite goalie to be able to stop elite players most of the time - especially from bad angles. So far, Tavares and Alfredsson are examples of these elite players who have scored goals that a goalie with Price's supposed skill should stop - bad angles, clear shooting lanes. In both cases, Price has been caught cheating, been down too early, etc. And this isn't counting the list of other stinkers he's let in this year. Thinking about it, it seems like most games Price has played he's let in at least one not-great goal.

I want the guy to succeed. I really do. I want him to be the cool, calm and collected guy who shuts the door on everything we know he can be. We've seen flashes of it, but this year, he doesn't have it.

Is he good? Well, yeah. But elite? Not this year. And we're going to need an elite effort in the post-season.

I love Carey Price. And we're going to need an elite effort in the post-season.

+1

And we're going to need an elite effort in the post-season.

Two teams of recent memory have won without elite goaltending. Far from it—Fleury and Niemi. Nobody has to be reminded that those teams had Crosby and Malkin and Toews and Kane. We don't have any of those guys, or their analogues.

I think Carey can get it together in time to make some noise this year. How much noise depends on circumstance, of course.

+1

My big worry is that we haven't seen Carey really put on a show yet this season. Like I said, we've seen flashes...but we're 30 games in now. I love that we're winning, but we won't always be able to score more goals than our opponent or dig back into games...

Ok.

I love Carey Price. But...I'm quickly becoming convinced that he's not an elite goalie. Maybe he was, but not this season. I would expect an elite goalie to be able to stop elite players most of the time - especially from bad angles. So far, Tavares and Alfredsson are examples of these elite players who have scored goals that a goalie with Price's supposed skill should stop - bad angles, clear shooting lanes. In both cases, Price has been caught cheating, been down too early, etc. And this isn't counting the list of other stinkers he's let in this year. Thinking about it, it seems like most games Price has played he's let in at least one not-great goal.

I want the guy to succeed. I really do. I want him to be the cool, calm and collected guy who shuts the door on everything we know he can be. We've seen flashes of it, but this year, he doesn't have it.

Is he good? Well, yeah. But elite? Not this year. And we're going to need an elite effort in the post-season.

No!! I don't want to believe this.. I totally agree with you, but i don't want to!

dude...your sig rocks B)

Thanks man.. It took me awhile to pick the right one.. Patches has always been my #1

Two teams of recent memory have won without elite goaltending. Far from it—Fleury and Niemi. Nobody has to be reminded that those teams had Crosby and Malkin and Toews and Kane. We don't have any of those guys, or their analogues.

I think Carey can get it together in time to make some noise this year. How much noise depends on circumstance, of course.

But, we're insanely quick to defend Carey as an "elite" goaltender.

By that logic, we don't have an elite goalie, nor do we have elite talent. So what should we expect come playoff time?

My big worry is that we haven't seen Carey really put on a show yet this season. Like I said, we've seen flashes...but we're 30 games in now. I love that we're winning, but we won't always be able to score more goals than our opponent or dig back into games...

yep

ok...2nd period up....go habbies

Ok.

While i think its totally fine (and probably correct) to suggest he hasnt played "elite" this year, i think its way too early to suggest he isnt 'elite' as a long-term projection. He's got amazing poise, great skills and i think deserves time to see what he will truly become. But I dont think your assessment about this year is incorrect either.

That said, even the fellow in your avatar used to let in some hideous goals. The biggest problem with Carey this season is his timing - letting in bad goals right when the moment is going our way, but i think that will come. We've changed our entire system & there's no question Price has not totally adapted to the way the defense is playing in front of him yet, but I think it will come & he will prove to be elite.