The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #30 Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Canadiens @ Islanders 7:00 PM RDS

HabsRuleForever

sigh

Ok.

I'm going to stir the pot something fierce here.

I love Carey Price. But...I'm quickly becoming convinced that he's not an elite goalie. Maybe he was, but not this season. I would expect an elite goalie to be able to stop elite players most of the time - especially from bad angles. So far, Tavares and Alfredsson are examples of these elite players who have scored goals that a goalie with Price's supposed skill should stop - bad angles, clear shooting lanes. In both cases, Price has been caught cheating, been down too early, etc. And this isn't counting the list of other stinkers he's let in this year. Thinking about it, it seems like most games Price has played he's let in at least one not-great goal.

I want the guy to succeed. I really do. I want him to be the cool, calm and collected guy who shuts the door on everything we know he can be. We've seen flashes of it, but this year, he doesn't have it.

Is he good? Well, yeah. But elite? Not this year. And we're going to need an elite effort in the post-season.

It's your right to believe that.

Personally, I think it's still way too early in his career to say he "is" or "is not" an elite tender.

Ok, that was a horrible goal, complete breakdown from defense to tending.

Well if that's the case then I partially would have to agree. He played very well before his sickness, and not soo great after his return.

true