The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #31 Sat, 23 Mar 2013 - Sabres @ Canadiens 7:00 PM RDS CBC MSG-B

habs_93

wIDJfoE.jpg

F85sLo1.jpg

RZuRmMX.jpg

fSwkdRP.jpg

While we’re enjoying this delirious worst-to-first run, the Sabres and their fans are having an awful year. Not unlike our last season, if you haven’t completely put it out of your mind. We’re thinking about Magic Numbers, contemplating minor roster moves, and wondering who we match up best against for the first round and hopefully beyond. Sabres fans are making videos like this:

I don’t like the Sabres particularly much, but ouch.

Two teams going in opposite directions. Who’s going to show up and be the heroes? Here’s hoping our Habs. But Buffalo will not be easy to beat. The Sabres—who beat the collapsing Leafs on Thursday night—are leading the season series 2-1, the last two games being dropped in overtime and a shootout. Coming off a solid win over our seasonal nemesis the Islanders, it’s time to get payback for the shootout loss from Tuesday. A win would propel the team back to first in the Eastern Conference and push the Magic Number down a bit more as the second half grind of this incredible season sets in.

Beauty Thread, 93! Loved the video, watched it last night on Hockey Inside/Out.

I was watching Tuesday's game on a US feed and I hate being reminded how much the commentator's voice bugs me. It'll be CBC online tomorrow for me.

Habs_93....nice touch with the video....great job there on your GDT.

Awesome work 93.

Buffalo is still in do or die mode. We can squash any remaining hope if we give it a full 60 minutes. Let's put that sick Buffalo down.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :) I used a lot of Helvetica for this one to send a bit of good mojo to our awesome Helvetic defenceman Raphael Diaz. Here's hoping he's back soon.

And it's already out of date :huh:. The Penguins won last night so we can't take back first in the east, but that's no reason not to try. ;)

Awesome GDT '93. I can't see us losing this one but let's not get down two right away this time.

Not to be a negative Nellie but I can easily see it happening. I remember Tuesday all too well. This Team has an insane habit of not being prepared for bottom-feeders. Say what you will about parity, I think we take some opponents for granted. A team with nothing to lose is often the most dangerous team.

That said, there's also a consistent record of not giving up and fighting back into games so I'm not overly concerned.

Greeting to all from the "Penguins/Sabres fans wasteland". Loved the video - funny to see other teams in that situation instead of the Habs. It's been far too long since we"ve enjoyed a season like this. The boys exorcised their demons against the Isles on Thursday, now it's time to take care of the Sabres. I can feel it! GO HABS GO!!! :):):)

Would love to see the penalty kill record a clean sheet for a second consecutive game.

I hope you were knocking on wood as you posted this!

While there were things we could have improved on in our last game against them, we still thoroughly dominated it. If we play like that there's no reason we shouldn't come away with the win tonight.

I hope you were knocking on wood as you posted this!

While there were things we could have improved on in our last game against them, we still thoroughly dominated it. If we play like that there's no reason we shouldn't come away with the win tonight.

I knocked retroactively now, does that count? :P

I agree that we did dominate against the Sabres, except on the penalty kill, and were it just an aberration, I wouldn't be concerned, but with the way the PK has(n't) functioned this year, they really need to climb 4-5 places in the rankings before I'll feel better. For one thing, they can stop overplaying the puck and trying to make perfect passes while shorthanded.

Tonight will be Travis Moen's 600th game in the NHL.

Hmmmm .. not sure there's that many more left.

I don't know about others, but it seems his game is going away from him.

Habs claimed Jeff Halpern off waivers today according to Darren Dreger...great veteran presence

Welcome back, Jeff.

Can't say I'd object to this spare wheel, that already 'been here; done that'. Smart-ish move by Bergevins.

Great job '93!

Buffalo may be on the way down but I don't have a particularly good feeling about this. I don't think I ever feel good about it when we play Buffalo =/

Similar here.

But then, I've seen how this Habs team does not 'repeat' itself on the downs. Not since that 6-0 Leaf pasting; the turning point for this club.

That Sabres OT loss was a short time ago, in the same building. I'm expecting first period shot attempts to be somethign like 25-5 for the Habs.

So,,,,does Jeff get into the lineup tonight??

Doesn't look like it, I would think that Jeff will practice tommorrow (could be an off day), or Mon., so MT has a chance to fit him in. TSN radio suggesting that he will probably be ready for Tues. game.

From Habs I/O:

"The lines at Saturday’s morning skate were: Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta; Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher; Galchenyuk-Eller-Armstrong; Moen-Dumont-Blunden. Defence pairings were: Markov-Emelin; Gorges-Subban; Bouillon-Tinordi. Carey Price will start in goal."