The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #33 | Montreal @ Boston | 27 March 2013 7:30pm EST

ColRouleBleu

Even though I wish Galchenyuk was in (and scoring) obviously, by itself I have no problem with any particular player sitting.

MT has shown he can explain things well to players after sitting them so as long as this is handled properly I am hopeful chuckie will respond & rebound. Maybe this will be the best thing for him - like Eller getting a chance to calm himself earlier in the year & really never looking back.

Speaking of Eller - I guess he gets a couple of grinders as linemates then tonight? :P

Galchenyuk hasn't put up a ton of points, but I think he's actually played pretty well the past few games. It seems odd that when the entire team's having trouble scoring goals that you take out a skill player and replace him with an AHL grinder. Frankly, Armstrong, Dumont, Blunden, Halpern, Moen, etc are unlikely to produce any goals, so it effectively trounces two lines now. Our success offensively this year has come from our ability to roll three scoring lines and we've lost that ability if we play Eller with the likes of Armstrong/Dumont/Blunden.

Galchenyuk hasn't put up a ton of points, but I think he's actually played pretty well the past few games. It seems odd that when the entire team's having trouble scoring goals that you take out a skill player and replace him with an AHL grinder. Frankly, Armstrong, Dumont, Blunden, Halpern, Moen, etc are unlikely to produce any goals, so it effectively trounces two lines now. Our success offensively this year has come from our ability to roll three scoring lines and we've lost that ability if we play Eller with the likes of Armstrong/Dumont/Blunden.

I would think this move has less to do with punishing Gally or trying to make the team stronger for tonight - and more to do with trying to help him refocus & start afresh after he is dressed again. On several occasions Therrien has mentioned how well Galchenyuk has played despite not scoring, so i think he's aware of his effort levels & overall contribution - i think he just wants to try something to 'get him going' so to speak.

Personally, Id rather keep him in the lineup and try shuffling some lines but I cant really fault Therrien's abilities with our youngsters so far this year.

Allo, mis ami,

I haven't been here in a while...didn't want to hurt any feelings. But I DO want to tell you all what an honour it is to have the Canadiens as our rivals. It's so wild how we can have "things" with other teams, but they never touch the emotional level of playing against the Habs. It is an honour.

I will not be false with you and wish you good luck; I wish you no luck at all. But you have my utmost respect, as always, and I tip my hat to your good season so far. I love it when your team is in the playoffs. Here's to a good game!

Allo, mis ami,

I haven't been here in a while...didn't want to hurt any feelings. But I DO want to tell you all what an honour it is to have the Canadiens as our rivals. It's so wild how we can have "things" with other teams, but they never touch the emotional level of playing against the Habs. It is an honour.

I will not be false with you and wish you good luck; I wish you no luck at all. But you have my utmost respect, as always, and I tip my hat to your good season so far. I love it when your team is in the playoffs. Here's to a good game!

Thank you OrrisGone, it is a pleasure when fans of rival teams post here within our forum rules. Yes we haven't heard from you since last year I believe. Anyways no luck to you as well. :)

TSN radio reporting that Blunden is in for Dumont.

Dammit...was gonna sic Dumont after Marchand :P

Allo, mis ami,

hey,welome aboard the habs forum....enjoy the game ....GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

Well, he didn't do that well against Kennedy the other night, so...

AHHH...missed that I must have

Not going to lie, I'm super nervous and uneasy about this one.

LIKE LAST NIGHT :lol:

We probably all are.

I hate Boston games. I hate everything about Boston. It's a profound visceral reaction. Like pulling the lid off a particularly ripe trash can. Physical disgust. Even the times we win, I can't stand it. The sooner all these games against Boston are over, the better.

LIKE LAST NIGHT :lol:

I actually felt alright last night... :P

Hello pals. Not going to lie, I'm super nervous and uneasy about this one.

Thing is, its just another game. 2 points, up for grabs. Of course as you start to over-think things, its a game for 1st in the division. Its a game for 2nd or 4th place. Its a game against our bitterest of rivals and its a game against a team we will most likely have to play in hte playoffs, should we hope to go deep.

My hope is that the players do NOT overthink it & simply look at it as another game, another chance to get 2 points and inch closer to a playoff birth.

I hate Boston games. I hate everything about Boston. It's a profound visceral reaction. Like pulling the lid off a particularly ripe trash can. Physical disgust. Even the times we win, I can't stand it. The sooner all these games against Boston are over, the better.

I actually felt alright last night... :P

Well, hopefully we don't meet them in the post-season! :lol: