The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #34 Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Rangers @ Canadiens 7:00 PM

Forever_Habs10

LOL tell me exactly who's been arguing that we haven't missed Prust.

A few people suggested we have missed him the least.

He's not flashy or playing top line minutes, so his contributions aren't as visible.

I love the fact he made his return against the rags... Rubbing their noses in it. :)

A few people suggested we have missed him the least.

He's not flashy or playing top line minutes, so his contributions aren't as visible.

I love the fact he made his return against the rags... Rubbing their noses in it. :)

Well, I'm not one of those people, but even so, saying we've missed him the least is not the same as saying we haven't missed him at all. I don't think anyone in his or her right mind would say we haven't missed Prust at all.

I'm genuinely worried about it. They have to go out and bore the Rangers to death. Make them frustrated.

It's a fine line, though. You have to frustrate them, but you can't fall into a passive shell where you stop trying to create offense except via NZ turnover. That just gives the Rangers puck possession and emboldens them. We need to do what we always need to do: keep playing the system but avoid the horrific breakdowns and fire-drill sequences where we collectively lose our minds and stop playing NHL-caliber defense.

Well, I'm not one of those people, but even so, saying we've missed him the least is not the same as saying we haven't missed him at all. I don't think anyone in his or her right mind would say we haven't missed Prust at all.

It's a fine line, though. You have to frustrate them, but you can't fall into a passive shell where you stop trying to create offense except via NZ turnover. That just gives the Rangers puck possession and emboldens them. We need to do what we always need to do: keep playing the system but avoid the horrific breakdowns and fire-drill sequences where we collectively lose our minds and stop playing NHL-caliber defense.

Never said you did and it was implied.

Am I feeling the effects of bad shrimp?

Was Cherry just praising the Habs? :blink:

I mostly agree, but I think we also need to see how the Rangers come out of the intermission. If they look easy to contain, why not get under their skin? Draw a few penalties, waste time in their end, etc.

Am I feeling the effects of bad shrimp?

Was Cherry just praising the Habs? :blink:

I never watch his segments, so I couldn't tell you. ;)

I mostly agree, but I think we also need to see how the Rangers come out of the intermission. If they look easy to contain, why not get under their skin? Draw a few penalties, waste time in their end, etc.

Absolutely, but I think we were talking at cross-purposes. I thought you were saying frustrate them in the NZ and capitalize on turnovers exclusively. But I see what you're saying now and I agree. Any time spent in their end is OK by me.

Actually, just a few weeks.

and a certain play

Absolutely, but I think we were talking at cross-purposes. I thought you were saying frustrate them in the NZ and capitalize on turnovers exclusively. But I see what you're saying now and I agree. Any time spent in their end is OK by me.

I always prefer the grind happening near their tender over ours, but who doesn't. ;)

We were doing a lot of that early on, which is part of why (IMO) the PP was so hot. When you spend nearly 5 straight minutes in the OZ, getting shots on goal or not, the defence is going to do something bad. They'll either give you a nice shot, take a dumb penalty, or maybe both. Dumping and chasing, icing the puck too much, lazily skating D men around and waiting for one or both to blow their positioning and/or fall down to give away a cherry chance against? Far too much of that lately. Not just from Markov-Emelin but all around. I think part of it is the fear of the awful PK, but I might be totally off base.