The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Davis Drewiske 2012-2013

IMO he's just depth and a non-rookie placeholder in the hopes that Diaz gets back in some time during the playoffs. Hopefully he can be useful. Even if he ends up as nothing more than insurance, that's what the price we acquired him for reflects anyway.

We may see him platoon with Kaberle depending on what team we're facing/what our team needs are during a game/series.

Exactly, it's just insurance for the playoffs.

heard he had an average game. Decent first then drop off in 2nd and 3rd.

Basically how everyone BUT price played. So Im not too worried seeing as it was his first game, ill give him a few games before I make any real judgement.

Mega floppin' around on the 4th goal.

It was his first game with the Habs.

i agree werzoth. His first game i let it slide since he came in late and probably didn't get much sleep.

In his defense, he's been playing in the kings system for a while, seems to be having issues addapting to MT's system.

As long as he can turn it around by the playoffs, I'll be ok.

i agree werzoth. His first game i let it slide since he came in late and probably didn't get much sleep.

In his defense, he's been playing in the kings system for a while, seems to be having issues addapting to MT's system.

As long as he can turn it around by the playoffs, I'll be ok.

I think its also important to remember that he is just a stop-gap until Diaz gets back, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

After watching him for the past few games, I'm not sure why we acquired him in the first place. You have to think that any of our Hamilton d-men (Tinordi, Beaulieu, even Pateryn) would offer the same level of play while giving us the benefit of developing a long-term prospect instead of wasting that time on a journeyman who'll be 30 before you know it. I do want to be fair and reserve judgment until he's gotten accustomed to our system, but man, there hasn't been a lot to like so far. Slow, poor judgment, not physical like you'd expect from a man his size, no offense.

After watching him for the past few games, I'm not sure why we acquired him in the first place. You have to think that any of our Hamilton d-men (Tinordi, Beaulieu, even Pateryn) would offer the same level of play while giving us the benefit of developing a long-term prospect instead of wasting that time on a journeyman who'll be 30 before you know it. I do want to be fair and reserve judgment until he's gotten accustomed to our system, but man, there hasn't been a lot to like so far. Slow, poor judgment, not physical like you'd expect from a man his size, no offense.

Haven't been impressed so far, but I'm willing to wait it out for a bit, LA fans were really high on him and say he's a very steady almost diet Gorges type.

Agree with both of you, he hasn't been very impressive so far.

Weep, I don't know for sure, but I figure MB picked him up simply as a rental, give us some experience on the back end. He seems to be having troubles buying into our system, kind of normal, he's been playing in the kings system for so long. Sure we could use Beaulieu, Pateryn and/or Tinordi, but if we are making a serious push in the playoffs, do you really want a wet behind the ears rookie dman or a player like Drewiskie and experienced dman with playoff experience?

He still has about 10 games to get comfortable with his new team and adjust to their system. Tinordi looked good in his first few games, but he was heavily sheltered. Pateryn, very sheltered as well, he didn't put the team in a bad spot, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with im on our blueline going into the playoffs. None of our youngins gave me the impression they were ready for full time minutes, let alone for the playoffs.

Drewiskie despite being less than impressive, gives me a little more comfort. He has playoff experience and NHL experience. He was also well appreciated by the kings. Think we have to give him a little while longer to feel his groove.

Well, I was hoping after a few days working with the system, he would get better. Unfortunately, I thought he was even worst tonight. He gets overrun 1vs1 often against the ramp, he was out of position several times, couldn't get the puck out of the zone a few times. Overall, we got stuck often in our zone when he was on the ice.

If Emelin is hurt for some time, this D is not looking good for 5-6 position.

or a player like Drewiskie and experienced dman with playoff experience? ... Drewiskie despite being less than impressive, gives me a little more comfort. He has playoff experience and NHL experience.

Are you thinking of the right player? He has about a season and half worth of NHL games played. His only NHL playoff experience was in the pressbox. His only playoff experience on record, in any league, was 4 AHL games in 2008 and 3 games in the USHL back in 2004.

I wasn't surprised to see us go out and get a depth defenseman, I was surprised to get one who was so inexperienced.

wow no love for this guy! he has not played much this year a new team a new system i think he has made some great moves and some not so great moves but i still think he needs a bit more time to get into the groove. i hope diaz gets back soon but considering this guy has only been here a couple of games i don't think he is that bad. but there is lots of room for improvement.

TSN says that he'll be taking Emelin's spot alongside Markov. If he's not used to the new system yet, he'd better get used to it soon. Talk about a trial by fire...

Oh man. :ph34r: Good luck Drewiske.

Positive. Markov has taken regular defenders before and turned them into highly sought after UFAs. (ie. Mike Komisarek).

Oh man. :ph34r: Good luck Drewiske.

Positive. Markov has taken regular defenders before and turned them into highly sought after UFAs. (ie. Mike Komisarek).

That was before his injuries though, he's not the same player anymore and needs help from his partner. That's not a knock against Markie he's still a good player, just not like he used to.

• 2 weeks later...