The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How Far Will The Habs Go?

kinot-1

27 members have voted

1. 1. Habs Clinch PO. Spot, can we win it all?

• Yes
    • No

Now that we have clinched a PO spot,,,,how far do you think we can go? Can we win 1 RD,,,,,2 RDs,,,, 3 RDs,,,,or more?

Personally, if we can get/stay healthy,,,,,there's no reason why we couldn't win it all. We have 3 lines that can do some serious scoring damage in games. We can also roll 4 lines at will, and IMO no other team can do the same. The opposing teams usually only have maybe 2 scoring lines, and that is where we have the advantage. they cannot focus on only 1-2 lines of ours.

We only have to win 16 out of 28 games, that's roughly 58% of those games (if each RD went 7 games).

So,,,wathcha all think? Do we have the right stuff?

Now that we have clinched a PO spot,,,,how far do you think we can go? Can we win 1 RD,,,,,2 RDs,,,, 3 RDs,,,,or more?

i_want_to_believe_habs.jpg

All the way baby!...GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

Nothing stopping us,we are as hungry as any team out there and as determined as any,the thing is our guys are having fun,that makes it better,our team has proved in the past,how resilient we are,all be it with different players,it is still the HABS.

If we don't go all the way I don't really care because they have been a revelation this season and what ever happens they are still our HABS,and heaven only knows they tried and gave it their all.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course they can do it.

This. The way the poll is worded (Can we win it all) is a loaded question. Will we? thats another story.

The reality is that a lot of things will have to fall into place for us to go far, imho. Health will play a huge role and our young core (obviously the rookies, but also younger, less experienced players like Subban, Eller, Patches - and of course Price) will need to be at their very best.

My personal feeling is this: After a season like we've just had, making it to the 2nd round should be mandatory. Making it to the 3rd would be terrific and making it to the finals would be fantastic.

Anything less than final 8 & im going to be dissapointed, but as along as the team fights hard & puts in the effort (gaining valuable experience) I wont be too upset with a second or 3rd round exit.

That said, I actually believe that something is up - i have a gut feeling, something I havent felt since...1993 (and Im not kidding here!!)...there's an air about this team. Things will still need to work out, but I have a strong suspicion they will go far this playoff season.

IMO we have about a 9.6% chance of winning the cup.

80% chance of winning the first round x 60% chance of winning the second round x 50% change of winning a conference final x 40% of winnin the cup final.

But even this is is tricky because in your 40% odds of winning the cup final (should we make it there) assumes (i would think) that we face Chicago or Anaheim. If for some reason they are ousted & we end up facing a team we match up favourably against, who knows. Not to mention that I think both of those teams would have worse records if they had to face some eastern conference teams this season ;)

But even this is is tricky because in your 40% odds of winning the cup final (should we make it there) assumes (i would think) that we face Chicago or Anaheim. If for some reason they are ousted & we end up facing a team we match up favourably against, who knows. Not to mention that I think both of those teams would have worse records if they had to face some eastern conference teams this season ;)

It also assumes if it's not Chicago or Anaheim, it's another team that knocked them out got very hot at the right time (ala LA last year). Anyway, this was a bit of tongue and cheek prediction, I kind of pulled those numbers from my rear end ;)

I wouldn't be a true Hab fan if I thought my Habs couldn't go all the way.

Totally agree with you,I don't care about possibilties or proberbilties or stats that you can change to suit any argument,I have complete faith in my team and I never felt let down last year, it was just life,you have to take the rough with the smooth.But this year we can do anything we want,just have to want it more than the other team and play our game cos we have a TEAM and that is what it takes to win.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Not just which hab team shows up, but how the opposition stacks up. Not uncommon for a team to sweep a series in reg season and have troubles when the same 2 teams meet up in the playoffs.

That's why they say the post season is a brand new season, anything can happen.

i really hope the leafs get knocked out in the first round.

Even if the habs get knocked out in the first round, I won't be upset. Maybe a little disappointed, but definitely not upset. I don't think any of us expected the habs to do so well this year. Just making the playoffs is a huge step with how they ended last year. They've already surpassed expectations, anything past this point is gravy.

I'll take it as a learning experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, we can win it all. Would love to see it of course. As long as Price stops being wishy washy in net we have a great opportunity to take the cup.

Well it's not price he's playing hurt with a defense that contains some players who haven't played the full year, but no we can't we aren't big enough(never said tough) you cant expect our smurfs to take playoff punishment and win the cup.. look at the past couple of teams who have won the past four have had decent size, with the very last two being big and rough that's how you win a cup.

Guest Regis2

As far as the goaltending will take them

Not very far if they get goaltending like in Game 1

Ottawa know they got outplayed and still won , big confidence boost for them .

They know they are in Price's head

Not very far if they get goaltending like in Game 1

Ottawa know they got outplayed and still won , big confidence boost for them .

They know they are in Price's head

If not Prices head,,,,then surely the rest of the Habs.

If we can bounce back tomorrow I will feel better about our chances. If not...

Anderson scares me though, seriously 50 shots and he still wins the game? How depressing. Now that Eller is out I feel even more discouraged about our chances. I still think we can win, but preparing myself for a hard fought loss. The Habs have suprised us before though so I'm not losing hope.