The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 1: Canadiens vs. Senators

BigTed3

I think its funny how little attention subbans getting for his amazing season. Watching tsn pick their fantasy playoff team and watching subban slide to the last round was borderline blasphemy lol I saw a few of them take guys with like half his point total 2 or 3 rounds sooner..... Why are they analysts on canadas national sports network again? And I don't even think karlson was picked

They were too distracted by the fact the leafs finally made the playoffs. :rolleyes:

The sens/habs series is going to be a tough one. Sens have shown a lot of ressiliance this season. They have Anderson and Karlsson back, it's going to be one tough series. Not a physically demanding series, but goals are not going to come easily.

Their d is much better than ours, you know that Anderson wants to prove himself, after his hot start was cut short due to injury. If they stay healthy, they could be a hard team to beat. Habs better have shaken off their slump cos sens are not going down without a fight.

Go habs Go!

I think its funny how little attention subbans getting for his amazing season. Watching tsn pick their fantasy playoff team and watching subban slide to the last round was borderline blasphemy lol I saw a few of them take guys with like half his point total 2 or 3 rounds sooner..... Why are they analysts on canadas national sports network again? And I don't even think karlson was picked

I'm guessing that it's more a knock on the Habs than it is a knock against Subban personally. In playoff pools you tend to pick guys from the teams that you think are going to make it the farthest, so my guess is that the guys picking probably don't think much of our chances. Whether they're right or not remains to be seen ;)

Their d is much better than ours, you know that Anderson wants to prove himself, after his hot start was cut short due to injury. If they stay healthy, they could be a hard team to beat. Habs better have shaken off their slump cos sens are not going down without a fight.

Go habs Go!

Anderson already has proven himself IMO. In 2010 not only did he drag Colorado to the playoffs, but they actually gave SJ a bit of a scare when they went up 2-1 in the series after a 50-something shot shutout in San Jose. Then he went to Ottawa, and he can't stay healthy, but his numbers over the past couple years and in the POs against the Rangers speak for themselves. I don't think he's quite a Price-level goalie when both at their best, but either one has the potential to steal this series.

At the end of the day, our top 9 has to put the puck in net at least 2-3 times a game. No excuses. If Anderson is on fire, find a way to will it past him. Somehow.

All i have to say is, that i am a huge Montreal Canadians Fan. So, now that they made it to the playoffs, they better" pay attention " to there game. Because, they were not playing very good at the end of the season.

So, play hard and confident. And GOOD LUCK!

All i have to say is, that i am a huge Montreal Canadians Fan. So, now that they made it to the playoffs, they better" pay attention " to there game. Because, they were not playing very good at the end of the season.

Welcome to the forum!

Anderson already has proven himself IMO. In 2010 not only did he drag Colorado to the playoffs, but they actually gave SJ a bit of a scare when they went up 2-1 in the series after a 50-something shot shutout in San Jose. Then he went to Ottawa, and he can't stay healthy, but his numbers over the past couple years and in the POs against the Rangers speak for themselves. I don't think he's quite a Price-level goalie when both at their best, but either one has the potential to steal this series.

At the end of the day, our top 9 has to put the puck in net at least 2-3 times a game. No excuses. If Anderson is on fire, find a way to will it past him. Somehow.

What i mean by prove himself is that he was on pace to be a vezina candidate. Despite the injury he's going to want to show his worth in the post season as well.

Anderson did well in Colorado, but slowed a bit in the 2nd half of the season. Any tender can have one good stand out season, look at Halak. Who was in nets for the Blues last night?

It wasn't halak.

So Anderson still wants to prove his worth, no better place than the post season.

Hey welcome to the forum!

If you have any questions or concerns we have a comments, questions and concern thread. You can also ask a captain or one of the mods will be willing to assist you.

Since this is the habs official fan forum and we do have some young members, we have to keep it a rated "G" site. Any questions concerning what is and isn't accepted can be found on the main page under the COC (code of conduct) or again, a captain, veteran member or a mod can assist you. :)

Hey welcome to the forum!

If you have any questions or concerns we have a comments, questions and concern thread. You can also ask a captain or one of the mods will be willing to assist you.

yea,Hall Of Famers .....

norespect.jpg

<_<:P:lol: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding....and welcome to the forum new kid on the block, :D

I see you excluded "veteran member" from my original post. <_<:lol:

lol ,noted ;):D

What i mean by prove himself is that he was on pace to be a vezina candidate. Despite the injury he's going to want to show his worth in the post season as well.

Anderson did well in Colorado, but slowed a bit in the 2nd half of the season. Any tender can have one good stand out season, look at Halak. Who was in nets for the Blues last night?

It wasn't halak.

So Anderson still wants to prove his worth, no better place than the post season.

That's a good point too. IMO Anderson is a great-elite NHL goalie at this point, mostly because I have been able to watch him closely since he's been in Colorado, and nothing he has done has surprised me. Still, more motivation for Anderson could be a Vezina nod as well. Its technically based on the season, but when a goalie is nominated for the Vezina, and then goes and wins the Conn Smythe, its all of a sudden a lot harder to vote against him. I don't know if Anderson will even get a nomination, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Quick side note - Halak's injured. If he didn't get injured, Elliot would still be down on the farm.

I personally don't consider Anderson to be an elite goalie, at least not yet. He's never really put up elite numbers as a #1 guy, meaning a goalie playing around 70 games a season. He has certainly been very good this season, but he's also playing behind a good defensive system. One could argue he's played for some bad squads in the past, but he still hasn't done enough over his career for me to consider him elite.

I personally don't consider Anderson to be an elite goalie, at least not yet. He's never really put up elite numbers as a #1 guy, meaning a goalie playing around 70 games a season. He has certainly been very good this season, but he's also playing behind a good defensive system. One could argue he's played for some bad squads in the past, but he still hasn't done enough over his career for me to consider him elite.

Well the other thing is, I dont know if we've seen how Anderson reacts after a bad game since he's been in Ottawa. If we somehow manage to light him up one night, will be bounce back the next? Hopefully we find out, although I suspect this is going to be a low-scoring affair.

Well the other thing is, I dont know if we've seen how Anderson reacts after a bad game since he's been in Ottawa. If we somehow manage to light him up one night, will be bounce back the next? Hopefully we find out, although I suspect this is going to be a low-scoring affair.

The key, as it has been for much of the season for us, is going to be making sure we score first. If we can build a lead, the Sens are going to have to open up their system and then we'll see whether Anderson can handle the heat of bigger pressure and a Montreal playoff crowd jumping on his back.

It is simple really. If the Montreal team that shows up for the playoffs is the one that we saw for the first 40 games of the season then the Canadiens will probably win. I do not believe the Sens have the ability to skate with that Canadiens team every other night for two weeks. They will breakdown eventually.

On the other hand if the Canadiens team that shows up is the one we saw during the last 8 games of the season this series could go either way.

Judging by the media reports this morning, including in the Montreal Gazette, you would think that Montreal was the underdog going into this series. That they were not the team whose ticket to the post-season was in doubt until the last week of the season.

Go figure.

I wonder if the Habs had lost Price, Subban and someone as valuable as Spezza, whether they would have been able to hang in and make the playoffs as the Senators did?

They can be a very different team now with Karlsson, Anderson and Cowen back. IMO they match-up fairly with the Habs and therefore see no clear-cut favorite to win the series... with neither team the underdog.

I wonder if the Habs had lost Price, Subban and someone as valuable as Spezza, whether they would have been able to hang in and make the playoffs as the Senators did?

They can be a very different team now with Karlsson, Anderson and Cowen back. IMO they match-up fairly with the Habs and therefore see no clear-cut favorite to win the series... with neither team the underdog.

But can they match our team depth?

I guess I've been seeing a different Anderson than the rest of the members on here. Anderson is no workhorse, and will probably never put together a 70+ game season, but that doesn't mean he isn't a heck of a goaltender as a 50-60 game and playoff starter. Everything I have seen doesn't point to him being hot this year (obviously his numbers are high this year) as it is him playing the way he has the past few years when healthy, with an average season in Colorado set aside (I mean really though, it's Colorado. Pretty brutal team to be goaltender for. Varlamov was incredible this year, but you wouldn't think so looking at his numbers-same with Anderson).

I'll be the first to admit I'm scared he could Halak us.

Sens in 7.

Sens are bigger, stronger, more physical than the Canadiens.

Sens made the playoffs with 13 rookies scoring their first goals, without their top goal scorer of last season in Michalek, their top point scorer of last season in Spezza, their 2 top D from last year in Cowen and Karlsson, and even Andy got injured.

The reason why people believe that the Sens will beat Montreal is because they are all back with exception to Spezza who is due back within 2 weeks.

Thus, if we can make the playoffs with a lesser team of rookies, veterans and AHLers. Then add Conacher, Karlsson, Cowen Michalek, Andy and Spezza at the trade deadline...You have to believe that we are the favorite as we have added 5 top notch players and will have Spezza back soon...

The Sens will be more physical than you think and are deeper than the Canadiens. Look what happens when you lose Markov....like last season for example.

Either way this series will be epic. GO SENS GO!

he Sens will be more physical than you think and are deeper than the Canadiens. Look what happens when you lose Markov....like last season for example. Or Emilen this season. Then compare it to this season where we lose our top D pairing, top scorer, top point scorer, top goalie....and still make the playoffs because of our depth. Now put those 5 players back in the line up and push our players down a line....like when Spezza comes back and Turris goes back to the 2nd line...or now Phillips becomes a 3rd liner with Karlsson back, and Gryba becomes a third liner with Cowen back and with Michalek back Silfverburg goes to the second line. Lehtner becomes the back up once again with Andy back...Either way....The Canadiens havent played the Sens with their better players back and won this season....