The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Habs player will be the unsung hero of the first round?

• Rene Bourque
    • Alex Galchenyuk
    • Michael Ryder
    • Raphael Diaz
    • Jarred Tinordi
    • David Desharnais

We've seen the likes of Subban, Eller, Gallagher, Price, Plekanec, and Pacioretty lead us to victory this year. But who do you think might step up for the Habs in the 1st round and give us a contribution that puts us over the top and into the next round? Who'll be the unsung hero that no one saw coming?

Ryder. Be our new Cammy!

I think maybe Price if he were on the poll. A lot of people are nervous about him and I'm sure we would all like it if he quieted everybody that's doubting him. But I'm not sure if that's an unsung hero or just a guy shaking off a slump :P

I took Ryder as well. I feel that this is going to be a stingy series when it comes to scoring. There isn't going to be a lot of open space for pretty passing plays, which is why I feel we'll be leaning a bit on Ryder and his straightforward "get open, shoot the puck" mentality.

He should also hopefully do well on the PP.

I went with Bourque. Like Manatee, I believe both teams are going to have to work hard for goals. Ottawa plays a very sound defensive system, and I think a lot of the goals we're going to score will be ones where we go to the net, create traffic, and bang in rebounds. Prior to his injury and again since he's come back, Bourque has shown good drive to the net this season and I think he'll be rewarded for that in the post-season.

Im riding the Eller/Gally/Gally line's recent play & going with Galchenyuk.

I believe that in the playoffs, MT will go with the hot hand & that will likely mean more PP time for AG27 & his line & we will start to see him take over games, not just the occasional shift.

It seems like the public consensus is that Ryder takes it. i don't disagree, he's been very quiet lately and probably due for a few.

But since the sens are good defensively and Anderson seems to be back on his game, I feel we won't see those pretty goals, more rebounds, lucky bounces and leaks.

I'm going to go with RB, his size might be exactly what we need in front of Anderson. Not only to screen him, but to pick up the spare change.

have a feeling MT is going to use RB's big body and plant him in front of Andy. Against Winnipeg he disrupted Pavelec by parking himself in his kitchen. RB's another one who imo is due for some goals.