The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 1, Game #2 ~ Senators @ Canadiens. Friday, May 3rd, 2013.

ColRouleBleu

I have a good feeling about tonight.

First off I am able to actually think about a hockey game, not just the health of one of our best young players - and Im sure thats doubly true for his teammates.

But secondly, with the loss of Eller, Gio & Patches for tonight, the team is going to have to buckle down and play like a team - all system, patient etc. Who cares if you get 50 shots, if 40 of them are 1st shots, no rebounds, far out etc, you arent going to score much against Anderson.

I think a 2-1 habs win is in order tonight. But we're going to need a big game from Carey.

Ditto, ever since that hit, playoffs were the last thing on my mind

I just hope Eller can recover well, and come back the player he was

As much as I'd like to punish the Sens, I don't really want PK to do it. Let Moen,White and Prust do that, unless PK really has to. He's more valuable on the ice than in the box or with our luck, hurt.

I remember when Koivu and co. found inspiration from the Zednik injury to finish off the Bruins. It was awesome! I hope we can find an extra gear to beat the Senators tonight and then take the game to them at the Scotiabank Place.

seems like every series the past 10 years there has been a devestating injury to the team, its ridiculous... started with Zednik in 02

Prust will be wearing the third "A" tonight. Good choice.

(Unless we have named a new captain for the game, depending on how serious Gionta's injury is)

Prust, Galchenyuk, and Gallagher are reunited (Per CBC)

Uh, unless Gio got traded, they arent naming a new captain :P

As for Prust, thats a fair "A" award - he deserves it, he's been much more than just a spare part this year.

I dont love the PGG line based on the injuries we have. I think that Galchenyuk deserves a finisher on each wing, but I guess we'll see how the night plays out.

Uh, unless Gio got traded, they arent naming a new captain :P

As for Prust, thats a fair "A" award - he deserves it, he's been much more than just a spare part this year.

I dont love PGG - i just think that Galchenyuk deserves a finisher on each wing.

Kovalev took the C while Koivu was injured for a few games in 2009.

Not saying its going to happen, but its happened before.

GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gifGO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

Kovalev took the C while Koivu was injured for a few games in 2009.

Not saying its going to happen, but its happened before.

Good point - it was highly unusual though, i just cant see them doing it - especially when you consider they didnt, all last year when Gio was injured - but you're right, its possible.

Good point - it was highly unusual though, i just cant see them doing it - especially when you consider they didnt, all last year when Gio was injured - but you're right, its possible.

I agree.

Just had to throw that in there in the off chance that they did name another captain, or else someone would have came on here and corrected me and made me feel stupid :P

win dammit....we lose tonight,heading back to Ottawa were toast rest of this round...just my opinion <_< ,so lets pull up our socks here tonight....GO_HABS_GO_zpsa021b1a8.gif

go price!