The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 1, Game #3 ~ Canadiens @ Senators. Sunday, May 5th, 2013.

beaubie

earlier in the season i would have believed we can cmoe back and win this.... but now letting them score 2 goals i don't know if we can

Not if we play like this.

We're blowing it big time here. The only way the Sens beat us is when we make mistakes or play awful. Saddest part is that we have a prime opportunity to take the series lead, and we come out flat.

earlier in the season i would have believed we can cmoe back and win this.... but now letting them score 2 goals i don't know if we can

Most of our top six are playing like their heads are somewhere else. Desharnais, Pacioretty, Ryder -- all horrible tonight. That line is essentially a write-off every time it hits the ice; I just hope they don't get scored on during their shifts. Gionta's been okay, but not great. Plekanec and Bourque are doing fine, but they can't carry the load on their own. Diaz has been brutal, Markov not much better. You can't win a playoff series with only three or four players firing, unless they happen to be producing at such a crazy level that it's enough to get by (e.g. Halak-Cammalleri-Gionta in the 09-10 playoffs).

Can anybody make a pass?!? Seriously! Stop giving the puck away. We haven't had a quality scoring chance all game! This is honestly a pathetic display of playoff hockey. Any other team and we would be down by 3 goals.

At this point, I'm just hoping we finish the period without getting scored on and really make a sustained push in the third. Game is still very much in reach.

hopes for a shot on net

you have to wonder with how wwell galchenyuk gallagher prust line is playing why they arn't getting the second line mminutes

Because we aren't going to win this series, or even win another game, if our high-priced veterans don't step up. We're carrying about $11 million in cap (Ryder, Pacioretty, Desharnais) and they are doing absolutely nothing.

PP.

Not that it matters considering the state of our PP.

They'll spend 1:45 trying and failing to gain the zone, then take one unscreened shot at Anderson in the final 15 seconds but fail to do anything with the juicy rebound he inevitably gives. #oleoleole