The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 1, Game #5 ~ Senators @ Canadiens. Thursday, May 9, 2013. 7 pm

ColRouleBleu

There's no defending the defence. It may not be Daigneault's fault, but something is sure broken. I don't believe it's purely a weakness of the defensive core because the forwards play bad defensively, too. To me, that would indicate it's systemic. Obviously we're not going to dress 12 or 13 Selke candidates every night, but there's a minimum reasonable standard of team D that isn't being executed right now. And it's not all because we're desperate for offence due to Anderson, either.

It's something that really needs to be addressed in the offseason. It ate our momentum at the end of the season and it's causing us to lose a series we had no business losing.

Lol I ain't even mad actually :P

Stick with this team until the end, which looks to be near. Proud of what we accomplished this year. Just got all the wrong bounces, injuries, and the slump. Still, proud of the boys.

With that said, I wouldn't be apposed to seeing Mayer play tonight. I would have rather seen Tokarski, because I believe he is the better tender, but oh well. I don't think Mayer will be with the team much longer, might as well get him in a game.

It was a good season.

There are few things in sports more frustrating than watching an undeserving team coast to victory due to circumstance. It happens. Ottawa's going to get absolutely shredded by anyone in the second round, which makes me feel better, but still. Not all that fun.

And my laptop makes a buzzsaw noise and now firefox doesnt respond. Great night -.-

When it rains it pours, huh? :(

Guest archey

There are few things in sports more frustrating than watching an undeserving team coast to victory due to circumstance. It happens. Ottawa's going to get absolutely shredded by anyone in the second round, which makes me feel better, but still. Not all that fun.

When it rains it pours, huh? :(

I don't know. they gained a ton of experience.

If we lose tonight (or this series), it'll be painful. But I don't think we should try to alleviate the pain by excusing it away as being beaten by a better team. Ottawa's been better in only a few periods of the series, as Jedi said. We've been incredibly unlucky and decimated with injuries.

The sens do not belong in the second round. They are NOT a good hockey team. They have 2 good players.

I don't usually blame refs, and I almost never call a team "lucky" to win a game or a series. But..

The Sens got lucky, and the refs were brutal this series.

Watching Ottawa and their 7 fans cry after being eliminated 4-0 next round will be so satisfying. :P I don't think I've been more confident in anything than knowing that the road will end abruptly for Ottawa in the second round. Then everyone's Karlsson-Colored glasses will come off and they will realiz what a poor team Ottawa actually has.