The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Stanley Cup Final

Beautiful ending to the season... really happy the Bruins lost in the heart-breaking way they did, especially after seeing Chara plow another guy headfirst into the crossbar from behind. The guy doesn't learn and I'm frankly ecstatic that he got what he deserved tonight.

I didnt think anything could beat the Leafs Meltdown against the Bruins, I was wrong

This, this is 1000% better. To see the bruins come up short. MMMMMMM bruins tears, so delicious .

And it happened in Boston,,,, so much sweeter. :lol:

Would love to be in the ruins dressing room, about now. :rolleyes:

Beautiful ending to the season... really happy the Bruins lost in the heart-breaking way they did, especially after seeing Chara plow another guy headfirst into the crossbar from behind. The guy doesn't learn and I'm frankly ecstatic that he got what he deserved tonight.

Let's throw in the fact Bickell, Toews, and Kane successfully tested Chara with speed and skill and often left Chara flatfooted in front of the Boston net. That would result in a number of scoring chances, some of which were converted into key goals. Chara was on the ice for 10 of Chicago's final 12 goals of the playoffs.

I feel the same way B-Ted, any doubt people had about Chara pushing Patches into the stanchion (purposely) was confirmed last night when Chara pushed Toews face into the crossbar. Chara is a great dman, but his emotions get the better of him at times and that's when he's dangerous, he pulls things like the hit on patches and on Toews.

There should be supplementary discipline, but as usual Chara won't even get a phone call.

Couldn't have asked for a better ending, to see 18,000 Boston jaws drop, was priceless.

Hawks needed to finish off the bruins last night. A lot of them were pretty banged up through this series and not sure they could've handled a game 7.

Bickell definitely made a name for himself during the playoffs and I like the fact that MB said he would be targeting Bickell. Not sure he'll be able to close the deal though, after the cup finals, I'm sure Bickell has raised interest around the league. Wouldn't it be nice to see him in chara's face during the 8 games (we still at 8 or did they change amount of games between divisional rivals?) we have to play against boston next season. Also be nice to have him when we face the leafs as well. Someone who can put Orr and McClaren in their place and let our skilled forwards play their game.

Chicago becomes the first team since Pittsburgh in 1991 to win the Stanley Cup in six games after trailing 2-1 after three games. According to ESPN, the 17 second time span between Chicago's second and third goals respresented the shortest time between the tying and clinching goals in the Finals.

Chicago becomes the first team since Pittsburgh in 1991 to win the Stanley Cup in six games after trailing 2-1 after three games. According to ESPN, the 17 second time span between Chicago's second and third goals respresented the shortest time between the tying and clinching goals in the Finals.

Was recording last nights game, I think I'm going to keep it. Every time I get down about our habs, I can always go back to the final minute of play, of the 2013, game 6 finals. :D

Still not sure if the hawks could've won the cup had it gone to a game 7. Chara was on a mission last night to injure, poor Toews, since game 5 he was public enemy #1. Sure glad they finished them off, we'll never know if they could've withstood another physical game had it gone to 7.

Couldn't ask for a better cup win, to kill bostons hopes in a matter of 20 seconds was... PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a few customers who were rubbing it in my face through the whole playoffs. Can't wait to start rubbing back.

For all that everyone talks about the big bad Bruins and their formula for playoff success, they were within a hair of losing in the first round to us in 2010-11 and within a hair of losing to the Leafs in the first round in 2012-13, not to mention the infamous meltdown against Philly when they blew a 3-0 series lead and lost in seven. It's funny how narratives turn on a dime. If we win that 2010-11 playoff series, Julien is probably fired and there is no big bad Boston playoff model.

Chara was exposed in this series big-time. Looked out of gas and was on the ice for many Chicago goals against, including the backbreaking Toews goal in game six. At 36, can he continue to be the no. 1 d-man in Boston for more than one or two years? Boston's Cup window is closing pretty fast...