• This topic is locked This topic is locked
790 replies to this topic

#1 BigTed3

BigTed3

Moderator/Modérateur

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Old season done, new season starting. If you've heard a rumor or want to comment on one, this is the place to do it for the 2013-14 season.

#2 jeff33

jeff33

All-Star / Super vedette

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

the always reliable eklund has linked us to the following:

iginla

briere

letang

#3 FirstStar

FirstStar

Moderators/Modérateurs

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 32,260 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

the always reliable eklund has linked us to the following:

iginla

briere

letang

i don't even know why I'm questioning this, it is eklund we're talking about, but what would we need letang for?

If we weren't already deep with defensive prospects I'd take a look at Letang, I'd be more interested at landing Martin to play along side Subban then Letang at this point.

naslund1.png

Let's raise #25 to the rafters and break the Bell Centre curse.

Team FirstStar:
1)Stamkos Pacioretty 2)Niemi 3)Pietrangelo 4)Moulson 5)Eberle 6)Sharp

7)Shattenkirk 8)B.Richards

#4 KeepsItReal

KeepsItReal

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

i don't even know why I'm questioning this, it is eklund we're talking about, but what would we need letang for?

If we weren't already deep with defensive prospects I'd take a look at Letang, I'd be more interested at landing Martin to play along side Subban then Letang at this point.

Seriously?

Imagine being able to throw out one pairing with XXXX-Subban and another with XXXX-Letang.

It'd be a lot of money, but mon dieu would that ever be an offence creating top 4.

If he hits UFA next year I'd like to see the Habs look into it, not interested in the trade route though.

#5 caperns

caperns

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Seriously?

Imagine being able to throw out one pairing with XXXX-Subban and another with XXXX-Letang.

It'd be a lot of money, but mon dieu would that ever be an offence creating top 4.

If he hits UFA next year I'd like to see the Habs look into it, not interested in the trade route though.

That would be like adding sugar to your sugar, super sweet mmmmmmmmmm.

My parings Subban and Emelin ,  Letang and Tindori for the next 8 to 10 years...

Or we could really mix it up...Subban and Tinordi and Letang and Emelin :)

#6 I1IscottieI1I

I1IscottieI1I

All-Star / Super vedette

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Not sure if he has reliable sources but they can't be worse then eklund

Says we are shopping desharnei and almost had a deal earlier

Also interesting rumor that we are trying to package markov to carolina for their 1st

Edited by Habs-Rule-Forever, 26 June 2013 - 09:59 PM.
Removed Link

#7 BeanCountingHab

BeanCountingHab

Hockey Guru / Grand manitou

• Captain/Capitaine
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Not sure if he has reliable sources but they can't be worse then eklund

Says we are shopping desharnei and almost had a deal earlier

Also interesting rumor that we are trying to package markov to carolina for their 1st

I know we're not allowed to post the link but can you just write who the source was?  I still find it hard to believe we'd be shopping DD this early on.

#8 ChiLla

ChiLla

MVP / Joueur par excellence

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know we're not allowed to post the link but can you just write who the source was?  I still find it hard to believe we'd be shopping DD this early on.

Maybe the plan is to replace him with Lecavalier, as Tampa is apparently buying out his contract... 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426423

Edited by ChiLla, 27 June 2013 - 09:34 AM.

In a highly competitive market where everything tastes like chicken, it's important to taste like beef.

#9 MTL-91

MTL-91

Draft pick / Choix au repêchage

• Tryout / Joueur à l'essai
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

I rather have $ towards Letang

#10 Habs1fan4ever

Habs1fan4ever

Draft pick / Choix au repêchage

• Tryout / Joueur à l'essai
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Now that Vincent Lecavalier is let go by Tampa Bay,  are the Habs in position financially to try to pick him up for next season ?

What's our chances of getting another top defenceman like perhaps Letang , from the Penguins ?

#11 KeepsItReal

KeepsItReal

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I rather have $ towards Letang

Letang is going to cost a lot more and get a lot more years than Lecavalier though.

#12 I1IscottieI1I

I1IscottieI1I

All-Star / Super vedette

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Fred Pouln from habsaddict did a draft stratagy article and in it one of his comments on the topic bellow he said he heard from a source we have been shopping him.

again i don't think hes any different then eklund but just knowing there is a chance its happening is enough for optimism

#13 jennifer_rocket

jennifer_rocket

• Captain/Capitaine
  • 28,609 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Here come the Vinny rumors. E5 E5 E5!  :lol:  I honestly would be okay picking him up on a one year deal, but also don't really care where he ends up. 

#14 kinot-1

kinot-1

• Hall of Fame
  • 36,096 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Sources tell TSN Lecavalier camp has met with Dallas, St. Louis, Philli and Montreal with more to come tonite

Also:

LIke many teams, Habs would like to move up in first round. They have three second-round picks... May wait until draft commences to make their move. - LeBrun

Edited by kinot-1, 29 June 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Habs Fan since '59, 14 Cup Wins
Habs Fan 'Til The Day I Die And Beyond If Possible
No Other Team Or Sport Comes Close

Space reserved for the Stonely Cup smiley-dance013_zps5e84ab4c.gif

ROCKET.jpg

#15 kinot-1

kinot-1

• Hall of Fame
  • 36,096 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

From The Hockey News:

"Bergevin  revealed that forward Colby Armstrong won't be back for another year. Armstrong had two goals and three assists in 37 games in his only season with the Habs."

ROCKET.jpg

#16 THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

• Members
  • 12,953 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

From The Hockey News:

"Bergevin  revealed that forward Colby Armstrong won't be back for another year. Armstrong had two goals and three assists in 37 games in his only season with the Habs."

Your late again. Ted beat you. :P

Posted Image

#17 kinot-1

kinot-1

• Hall of Fame
  • 36,096 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

From NBC sports, via the Bleacher Report:

It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.

The prankster-turned-exec provided an interesting take on the 1-to-10 scale.

“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”

Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”

Bergevin touted the 33-year-old’s size above all else.

Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.

Of course, he’d have to learn how to respect (or at least coexist with) P.K. Subban, though.

ROCKET.jpg

#18 KeepsItReal

KeepsItReal

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

It seems as if Vincent Lecavalier‘s name has been connected to the Montreal Canadiens for about as long as many people felt like he was making too much money. That association sprouted to mind following Lecavalier’s buyout, but rumor generators can feel empowered, as Habs GM Marc Bergevin admitted to NHL.com that the team is eyeing him.

“From 1 to 10?” Bergevin said when asked to describe the Canadiens’ interest in Lecavalier. “Pretty high.”

Someone asked if that “meant an eight,” prompting Bergevin to repond, “Safe to say. At least.”

Naturally, it all comes down to the price being right, but many people would be happy if Lecavalier ended up in Montreal.

Of course, he’d have to learn how to respect (or at least coexist with) P.K. Subban, though.

Will anyone ever be able to learn how to respect Subban? He's such an arrogant blowhard who only cares about himself.

Sigh...somehow I think this narrative will never end.

#19 jennifer_rocket

jennifer_rocket

• Captain/Capitaine
  • 28,609 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

#blamepernell.

#20 kinot-1

kinot-1

• Hall of Fame
  • 36,096 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Will anyone ever be able to learn how to respect Subban? He's such an arrogant blowhard who only cares about himself.

Sigh...somehow I think this narrative will never end.

#blamepernell.

I thought about leaving out the last 2 lines, and on 2nd thought, I should have.  :mellow:

Edited by kinot-1, 02 July 2013 - 03:43 PM.

ROCKET.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users