Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigTed3

2013-2014 Habs Rumors

791 posts in this topic

while it would not be the deal of the century it would be good for us, a right winger which we need and he plays point on the pp or at least he has in the past. i think the av's are looking for help on the blue line though. i understand that roy does not like the guy and wants him gone.

Roy wants to move PA because of his poor defensive play, It's impossible to think he would take Bourque as a return. It's simply impossible.

Roy wants to move PA because of his poor defensive play, It's impossible to think he would take Bourque as a return. It's simply impossible.

Actually, on some nights, he is a good defensive player.

Yeah, I see TSN is reporting it now, too. They also mentioned about the conflicting reports surrounding who rejected the deal. If I had to guess I would say Colorado must have rejected the deal. Parenteau seems to have better value than Bourque, IMO. Hopefully Bergevin doesn't do something silly in order to acquire Parenteau.

Yeah, I see TSN is reporting it now, too. They also mentioned about the conflicting reports surrounding who rejected the deal. If I had to guess I would say Colorado must have rejected the deal. Parenteau seems to have better value than Bourque, IMO. Hopefully Bergevin doesn't do something silly in order to acquire Parenteau.

Just saw it in their daily roundup. I don't feel comfortable until I see it on TSN normally.

The concern I have, is if Bergevin did in fact reject the deal. Getting any useable asset for Bourque, let alone a possible top 6 forward, is a clear win for the Habs.

Just saw it in their daily roundup. I don't feel comfortable until I see it on TSN normally.

The concern I have, is if Bergevin did in fact reject the deal. Getting any useable asset for Bourque, let alone a possible top 6 forward, is a clear win for the Habs.

Maybe he wants Landeskog. :lol:

A few updates:

What should be taken seriously:

- Apparently, Luc Gelinas reported this morning that Colorado wanted Andrighetto to be a part of the deal. Andrighetto has been the best Hamilton Bulldogs player in terms of point per game.

What SHOULD NOT be taken seriously:

- Low and behold, our beloved Eklund is saying that Montreal said no to the offer because they are actually after O'Reilly, and not Parenteau. :rolleyes: He's been playing this whole "O'Reilly to Montreal" card for a few years now... he just can't seem to let it go.

If I were in Bergevins place, I would not have given up Andrighetto either.

Edited by Inquisitive

At this point I'll take anyone for Bourque. It's not like we can get any worse in exchange.

Maybe he wants Landeskog. :lol:

Hahaha that's hilarious. Sounds like a fair deal to me haha

Colorado's interest in Andrighetto confirmed:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/pas-d-andrighetto-pas-de-parenteau-1.837126

Sven Andrighetto, drafted in the 3rd round (86th overall) in 2013 is 5'9, 183 pounds.

He currently has 19 points (9 goals, 10 assists) in 30 games, pretty good for a rookie, especially on a team like Hamilton.

Correction to my last post: It is actually Christian Thomas who leads in points per game in Hamilton.

Andrighetto is tied for second with St-Pierre for points per game.

Would any of you consider trading him with Bourque for Parenteau?

Edited by Inquisitive

Yeah I think the story now is:

The Avs offered Parenteau for Andrighetto and Bourque. MB then counter offered Bourque for Parenteau straight up and the Avs rejected that offer.

I dont think Andrighetto has much of a future here. You never know, but I just dont see it happening. However, if he continues to improve and put up numbers, he could play his way onto the Habs or increase his value later. I'd hold on to him.

Colorado's interest in Andrighetto confirmed:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/pas-d-andrighetto-pas-de-parenteau-1.837126

Sven Andrighetto, drafted in the 3rd round (86th overall) in 2013 is 5'9, 183 pounds.

He currently has 19 points (9 goals, 10 assists) in 30 games, pretty good for a rookie, especially on a team like Hamilton.

Correction to my last post: It is actually Christian Thomas who leads in points per game in Hamilton.

Andrighetto is tied for second with St-Pierre for points per game.

Would any of you consider trading him with Bourque for Parenteau?

I wouldn't be opposed, but I don't consider it a non-starter (I would say we would have to get something else back, at least the 3rd round pick it cost us to take Andrighetto).

While he has the ability to be a top 6 forward, he's another 5'9" player with a size disadvantage to overcome. Odds are he won't be the next Martin St Louis, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, and that's the risky part.

It depends when Bergevin thinks our team should be competing, and whether he sees Andrighetto as a core element during that window where we are in contention. If our window isn't opening soon, Parenteau isn't going to make a difference.

PA's value is that he would be a better contributor than Bourque, and a complimentary scorer, not that he will be a core element of the roster. Therefore, adding potential core elements to trade for him doesn't make sense.

Rene Bourque for P.A. Parenteau is just the kind of useless, sideways move I really have no interest in. We take on additional cap space, and get a guy who's probably not going to produce as well as he did between 2011-2013.

Rene Bourque for P.A. Parenteau is just the kind of useless, sideways move I really have no interest in. We take on additional cap space, and get a guy who's probably not going to produce as well as he did between 2011-2013.

I tend to agree. Initially I thought Parenteau had 1 year less on his deal which would have interested me but with the same term & a little more in cap hit Im not quite as interested.

I do think Parenteau would be a (minor) upgrade on bourque (consistency alone, plus he's a little younger and even though he is smaller he often plays bigger than Rene) but is you said, its almost more of a sideways move than anything. Plus (recent poor play aside) bourque's defensive game is very underrated & he plays a good shut down role even when he's not scoring.

If we're serious about moving guys like Bourque, Briere, DD or whomever Id really like to try picking up some solid prospects. The kind of guys who are a risk (because you are giving up a vet for a guy who you dont know if they will pan out) but have a much greater potential reward than what you are giving up. Trades like Rivet for Gorges + Pick (Pacioretty) are doable & out there... we just have to be a bit creative & not be afraid to make the occasional mistake. If Timmins & co are consulted on the prospect we're interested in, I am not worried about the outcome.

But then my philosophy would be to get rid of a lot of our veterans, bring up guys like Tinordi, Pateryn, Leblanc etc and let the chips fall where they may. Im not entirely sure how Marc Bergevin can effectively assess this team & its needs for next year, for example, when he's got Doug Murray and Boullion playing 15 minutes a game. If we dont resign them, must we resign someone else? will our 3 young defensemen be ready? no one knows. Its a guessing game. Now is the time to seek some answers. I also think that we may play as well (if not better) with some of our talented youth up on the big club. Its not like we'd be throwing in the towel by replacing Murroullion with Bealieu and Pateryn, we'd probably be better. Likewise Bourque with Leblanc or Briere with Sven Andrighetto etc.

Let the kids play & lets see what kind of team we have. The core will still be intact.

Oh yeah and according to Eklund (i know, i know) we werent in on Parenteau, we were actually trying to work out a deal for O'Reilly. (Col, pitched PA instead).

Now, depending upon what we had to give up, that (O'Reilly) makes a lot more sense.

Disagree. We're talking about Bourque with 29 points as a Hab vs. Parenteau with 26 points this season. The increase in cap space is worth it when we're adding a guy who is a productive top 6 forward instead of carrying Bourque around. Also would potentially allow Gionta's cap hit to expire and use the savings elsewhere.

Bourque for Parenteau straight up is a steal, it would be pants on head stupid for the Avalanche to offer that trade.

Edited by Noob616

Bourque for Parenteau straight up is a steal, it would be pants on head stupid for the Avalanche to offer that trade.

While I dont necessarily disagree with this, I do concur with JR that Parenteau for us may not make a lot of sense - which I think was the point.

I dont think he fixes what we need fixing, whether we move Bourque in the process or not.

We may not need Parenteau, but we definitely don't need Bourque. Parenteau is better and it's not even close.

Bourque for Parenteau isn't a sideways move, it's a clear upgrade, even if it doesn't help your needs.

Edited by THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

Apparently the HABS want Jamie McGinn

And I agree with JR - he comes to the HABS he will most probably never amass the points that he did when he was an Islander .

Apparently the HABS want Jamie McGinn

And I agree with JR - he comes to the HABS he will most probably never amass the points that he did when he was an Islander .

His points with the Avs are still good. Especially his first season with them.

Yea but whenever someone comes to the Habs they never maintain the points they had with their previous team .

See : Gomez, Scott; Briere, Danny; Cole, Eric; Bourque, Rene....................

Erik Cole tied his career high in points and set his career high in goals in his first season here.

Erik Cole tied his career high in points and set his career high in goals in his first season here.

THIS!!!! You beat me to it.

I wrote " maintain "

Hs 2nd year here was a bust and we got rid of him