• This topic is locked This topic is locked
790 replies to this topic

#501 BigTed3

BigTed3

Moderator/Modérateur

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 16,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

And thats not even mentioning that we know that "PK can perform here."  How many times have we seen a star traded only to see them flounder on their new squad.  If Ottawa called us up offering Karlsson and Curtis Lazar for PK I still probably dont make that deal because its too big of a risk that EK cant fill PK's shoes. 

I agree. No way I would trade Subban for Karlsson straight up. It would have to be a decent add-on to the trade, and I can't see Ottawa being anxious to deal Karlsson for Subban either.

#502 smirob

smirob

Draft pick / Choix au repêchage

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Consider the source here:

Eklund is 'reporting' that a 'big' 2 for 2 player deal is being discussed between MTL and LA.

The only factual information I have is that LA had a scout at last nights game.

#503 tony5775

tony5775

Rookie / Recrue

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Makes sense, they have three centers that would be on our number one line. Not sure who we would give up to make that happen. Eller would be one and maybe Emelin.

#504 FirstStar

FirstStar

Moderators/Modérateurs

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 32,269 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

LA is doing some tinkering, they just traded Scrivens to Edmonton and Edmonton traded Dubnyk to the preds for Hendricks.

There could be some truth to Eklunds rumor, but the devils aren't really in the playoff picture, scout could've as easily been looking at the devils. Th scout could've been down here to catch a few "Q" games, got a call from Cali to sit in on the devils/habs game and take notes on both teams.

naslund1.png

Let's raise #25 to the rafters and break the Bell Centre curse.

Team FirstStar:
1)Stamkos Pacioretty 2)Niemi 3)Pietrangelo 4)Moulson 5)Eberle 6)Sharp

7)Shattenkirk 8)B.Richards

#505 KeepsItReal

KeepsItReal

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Makes sense, they have three centers that would be on our number one line. Not sure who we would give up to make that happen. Eller would be one and maybe Emelin.

No they don't. 

#506 MergenTatara

MergenTatara

Rookie / Recrue

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

Exactly. If the Habs trade Subban, Bergevin should be jailed and the franchise should just fold.

What makes you think Subban will re-sign if he genuinely wants to win a Cup in his prime ;) ?  Who wants to be another Iginla when it's too late and probably never going to happen?

#507 BigTed3

BigTed3

Moderator/Modérateur

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 16,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

What makes you think Subban will re-sign if he genuinely wants to win a Cup in his prime ;) ?  Who wants to be another Iginla when it's too late and probably never going to happen?

If MB did a better job of building a team, Subban would have no issue re-signing. As it is, I still believe he'll stay, but a coaching change is needed first.

#508 Habs-Rule-Forever

Habs-Rule-Forever

Moderators/Modérateurs

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 28,925 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Grabbing the crest of his sweater, going off the ice in Ottawa makes me believe he wants to stay. Every player wants to win a cup, that's a given. It doesn't mean it's going to happen though, wherever he may play.

HRF8_zps1398c987.png

#509 smirob

smirob

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

OK so last night after my hockey game I came home to watch the habs game around 10:30. When I got in, my wife said "there was trade speculation from Bob Mckenzie, Rene Bouque + 2nd Round pick for..........I cant remember". Not wanting to see the score on twitter I said I would look at it after I watched the game. I watched the game, Price vs. Sens, and after couldn't find anything about this trade. She swears it happened around 4 min. after the game and must have been deleted immediately.

I hope their is some truth to this, though the 2nd round pick may be more valuable than Bourque.

#510 habs1952

habs1952

Hockey Guru / Grand manitou

• Hall of Fame
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Grabbing the crest of his sweater, going off the ice in Ottawa makes me believe he wants to stay. Every player wants to win a cup, that's a given. It doesn't mean it's going to happen though, wherever he may play.

Subban showed he wants to be a Hab. They'll get something done that makes both sides happy.

Posted Image

#511 tony5775

tony5775

Rookie / Recrue

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

No they don't. 

Carter,Richards and of course Kopitar.

#512 FirstStar

FirstStar

Moderators/Modérateurs

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 32,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

If MB did a better job of building a team, Subban would have no issue re-signing. As it is, I still believe he'll stay, but a coaching change is needed first.

I think they will reach an agreement. As HRF pointed out, PK grabbed his CH crest at the end of the game and held it up to the hab fans cheering the victory at the Canadian Tire centre.

There's something going on behind closed doors. Every team has it's funk, even SJ who got off to a hot start, have had their struggles. To me it seems different, I don't see the team playing with the same intensity that they played with last season. Granted it was a shortened season and we only saw issue at the end of the season, especially when the injuries started to pile up. But last years team I truly believed in, time and time again they fought back and didn't give up. They may not have always won, but never really saw them give up until the post season. This season, I'm not seeing the same intensity, several times after a few bad calls against and a few quick goals from the opposition, the boys are getting discouraged and all seem to give up, except our tenders.

They played their best game of the season against the hawks, but against the devils and the sens, were as sloppy as a pee-wee team playing together for the first time.

I always questioned when his time would be up. A hard nosed coach like MT was needed after laid back JM and "I'm just a puppet and scape goat" RC.

Carter,Richards and of course Kopitar.

I agree, although I wouldn't call carter a top line centre, he's a top line player, who's capable of playing centre, personally I think he's better on wing.

naslund1.png

Let's raise #25 to the rafters and break the Bell Centre curse.

Team FirstStar:
1)Stamkos Pacioretty 2)Niemi 3)Pietrangelo 4)Moulson 5)Eberle 6)Sharp

7)Shattenkirk 8)B.Richards

#513 jedimaas

jedimaas

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,671 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

OK so last night after my hockey game I came home to watch the habs game around 10:30. When I got in, my wife said "there was trade speculation from Bob Mckenzie, Rene Bouque + 2nd Round pick for..........I cant remember". Not wanting to see the score on twitter I said I would look at it after I watched the game. I watched the game, Price vs. Sens, and after couldn't find anything about this trade. She swears it happened around 4 min. after the game and must have been deleted immediately.

I hope their is some truth to this, though the 2nd round pick may be more valuable than Bourque.

Never heard this but remember that Bourque was acquired along with a 2nd rounder so its possible they were discussing what we gave up to get bourque or something & your wife only heard part of it.

Bob McKenzie very very seldom speculates in depth with regards to trades.  He may say "such and such a team has an interest in Rene Bourque" but I dont think ive ever heard him say "such and such at team is offering player X for Rene Bourque and a 2nd rounder"  - thats just not his bag, he's way too well respected to speculate & possibly ruin his credibility ala Eklund. ;)

#514 BigTed3

BigTed3

Moderator/Modérateur

• Moderators/Modérateurs
  • 16,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Never heard this but remember that Bourque was acquired along with a 2nd rounder so its possible they were discussing what we gave up to get bourque or something & your wife only heard part of it.

Bob McKenzie very very seldom speculates in depth with regards to trades.  He may say "such and such a team has an interest in Rene Bourque" but I dont think ive ever heard him say "such and such at team is offering player X for Rene Bourque and a 2nd rounder"  - thats just not his bag, he's way too well respected to speculate & possibly ruin his credibility ala Eklund. ;)

On that note, Cammalleri's name has been in the rumor mill a lot lately. I know there was recent discussion in trade segments saying Calgary was hoping to get a first rounder for him, so perhaps TSN was referring to Calgary trying to get more for Cammy than they gave up ("Bourque and a 2nd")...

#515 macgregor14

macgregor14

• Banned Users
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Habs need to sign Subban to a long term contract asap.

#516 THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

Hockey Guru / Grand manitou

• Members
  • 12,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Mark Spector thinks we could be a possible destination for Olli Jokinen. I'd rather other players from the Jets. And we don't need another center. He might be able to play wing though, not sure.

The fourth period thinks we may be one of the teams interested in Cammalleri and Stempniak. They also said that the price for those two would be less than Glencross. Garrioch also mentions us with Cammy.

Posted Image

#517 Kordic71

Kordic71

Rookie / Recrue

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

I really don't want Cammy again. He quit on us once and that was enough for me.

#518 macgregor14

macgregor14

• Banned Users
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Cammy is another passenger. And too small to boot. New rules. Skill and size...

#519 RicochetII

RicochetII

All-Star / Super vedette

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

I really don't want Cammy again. He quit on us once and that was enough for me.

Let's not be too hasty ... Calgary seems to have a penchant for re-visiting players they let go after all.

Bourque back to Calgary for Cam would work for me.

Habs_Forum_Sig_copy.png

#520 Habsology2

Habsology2

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Let's not be too hasty ... Calgary seems to have a penchant for re-visiting players they let go after all.

Bourque back to Calgary for Cam would work for me.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Cammy back here. He was/is a bona fide sniper (something we don't have at the moment). It wasn't like he quit on our team. He was merely stating the lack of training that was going on. Sure, he should have said it behind closed doors. But to me, that just showed his passion for the game. I think with this team he is a much better fit than he was before - and he was putting up great numbers back then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users