Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

No complaints about that huge body out there. I'd like to see him get a few more games with consistent line mates to get more comfortable. Heck, I'd like to see every one have consistent line mates.

Ok let's give double M some more games to see what he can do. That second penalty called on him; well I'm still laughing at the joke of a call.

Ok let's give double M some more games to see what he can do. That second penalty called on him; well I'm still laughing at the joke of a call.

I'm still looking for the rule that states players playing their first NHL game are forbidden from hitting an opponent. <_<

To bad MT did not use him at center with lars on his wing. I think the kid did pretty well considering how flat the entire team was.

hope he gets another shot he might be a good short term fix until we get some help on the right. I think he could be full time by next year too.

Sent down. He played pretty well. Last night he dropped his shoulder and drove to the net harder than I've seen anybody on this team do in quite a while. He sat out his very next shift and barely played the rest of the game. I don't get it.

if it means ghetto plays im all for it. mikey is coming along but meh

although i would have put any of these kids into a bigger role but you know, what can you do when you have more obvious options like paul byron :S

Last night he dropped his shoulder and drove to the net harder than I've seen anybody on this team do in quite a while. He sat out his very next shift and barely played the rest of the game. I don't get it.

not enough Jam.

not enough Jam.

:lol:

If crashing the net and stripping a guy of the puck leading to another chance on the same shift isn't jam, I'd like a copy of MT's dictionary because I'm completely lost.

Obviously sent down because DSP is back in. I doubt anything he did on the ice is the reason for the move. Numbers game.

Another case of "well he did nothing in his two games, so he's not ready yet"... no mention of the fact that you take a first line AHL player, stick him on the 4th line with Mitchell and Flynn, give him 5 minutes of ice time with no PP, and then send him back down cause he didn't score you 2 goals in each game he played. Ditto for Hudon, who posted a point per game. Ditto for Andrighetto, who got a better look but who's been sitting despite producing relatively well while Flynn, Byron, DSP, and Carr still play the grinder game.

I am not glad he did not get a fair shake but I am glad he is back down in teh AHL, I want him at center. There is no room yet on teh big club, let him develop....

In the perfect world next year or two, cap issues he moves up third line center behind Galchenyk and Eller

I am not glad he did not get a fair shake but I am glad he is back down in teh AHL, I want him at center. There is no room yet on teh big club, let him develop....

In the perfect world next year or two, cap issues he moves up third line center behind Galchenyk and Eller

I'd prefer to see him on the wing right now. Big body. Let him be the guy going to the traffic areas in front of the net and along the boards and let someone else do the puck carrying and rushing back to play defence.

I'd prefer to see him on the wing right now. Big body. Let him be the guy going to the traffic areas in front of the net and along the boards and let someone else do the puck carrying and rushing back to play defence.

Nah, I like him at Center, I want him to develop in the AHL. The whole NHL team is in panic mode now, I don't want him to be part of it. We wasted good years on Galchenyk having him play the wing. I cannot imagine where he would be right now if he came into the league at center.

As bad a coach as Lefevbe is at least McCarron is developing his game at center. I would like to see him start as our third line center next season. After we move out Deserhnais. Or even late this season if our struggles continue, we don't make the playoffs and we fire the coach :)

Also I think McCarron is like Bobby Holik, used to wear down the other teams best centerman especially in the playoffs. McCarron is a beast of a man, nasty and can score, yep his skating is not the best, but not as bad as many think, because of his size he looks like he is not moving that well. Just like Fucale,Mcarron is not the answer right now....

We have Andregetto, Hudon, Carr who can play the right side if used properly. Maybe even spot Eller on the right wing, All four are better options then Weise on the right wing.

I hope he becomes our third line center .............Add Danault to the left side, Right side ?

Recalled.

SICK! Throw him on the fourth line, 6 minutes, bench him in the third, and boom... send him back to St. John's after the game! :lol:

SICK! Throw him on the fourth line, 6 minutes, bench him in the third, and boom... send him back to St. John's after the game! :lol:

Rumor is that he will play the 4th line with DSP and Mitchell, so you may not be far off with this, whether it was intended to be sarcasm or not.

Rumor is that he will play the 4th line with DSP and Mitchell, so you may not be far off with this, whether it was intended to be sarcasm or not.

It was intended to be sarcastic... but we all also knew I was speaking the truth. :lol: Too bad for McCarron. DSP and Mitchell. Probably going to be a pretty disappointing night for the kid.

It was intended to be sarcastic... but we all also knew I was speaking the truth. :lol: Too bad for McCarron. DSP and Mitchell. Probably going to be a pretty disappointing night for the kid.

It's a process. :ph34r:

It's a process. :ph34r:

It's very important to beat the confidence out of the young kids early, so they know who the boss is.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0