Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

According to Therrien, MM will spend the rest of the season with Habs in NHL. Now we just need them to give Hudon and Ellis the same shot.

According to Therrien, MM will spend the rest of the season with Habs in NHL. Now we just need them to give Hudon and Ellis the same shot.

Expanded rosters i believe after the trade deadline. Big question is,,,,will he dress for most of those???

Expanded rosters i believe after the trade deadline. Big question is,,,,will he dress for most of those???

I'd like to believe they wouldn't call him up to sit him in the press box for 15-20 games.

I'd like to believe they wouldn't call him up to sit him in the press box for 15-20 games.

Remember who the coach is? One mistake and he'll plant and fertilize him.

Mac's stats,,,,,,,,,+1,, 1A,,,,,5 SOG,,, 4 hits,,,, TOI, 9:06

Loved the fight last night. Hopefully the emotion carries over to tonight. we have been going through the motions for far too long and it has been the veterans that have appeared to lose their edge. The team had a much better energy last night and his line was a big part of it.

Never caught last nights game, but a glance at the boxscore shows Mccarron played on fourth line with Brown and Matteau..

The Eller, Mccarron, Galchenyuk line against only had two goals against Anaheim..should of known they would need four to stay together...Plus standing up for your teammate, well thats direct trip to the fourth line and press box... Another rookie about to be kyboshed

Not so sure about that. He may have exhausted himself a little against Anaheim. It resulted in the EGG line getting nack together. I think Therrien is trying to balance the pressure he is putting on the kid to perform. There were quite a few no shows arly last night and some very strange goals. MM wil grt plenty of shot at this and hopefully he gets a good look agaisnt the Jets. i have no complaints about him so far, which is more than I can say about some of our vets.

Edited by Habberwacky

I'm sold on this guy. He is ready to play in the NHL full-time IMO. He is pretty responsible defensively and already good along the boards. He works extremely hard and (is it just me?) I see a little bit of Gallagher in him. I really like what I have seen and I think the offense will come with time.

Big Mac will be eligible for Calder consideration still next year right? I think he's on pace to play 23 games and the rule is 25 (or 6+ in back to back seasons).

Not that i think he necessarily would be in contention, but i always am curious who is and isnt eligible.

Big Mac will be eligible for Calder consideration still next year right? I think he's on pace to play 23 games and the rule is 25 (or 6+ in back to back seasons).

Not that i think he necessarily would be in contention, but i always am curious who is and isnt eligible.

I always thought it was 20 games, but if you're correct Jed, sure he "could" be in the running, but then again, you have to consider who is coaching. <_<

Considering the amount of talent coming into the league next year from a very strong draft, I highly doubt McCarron would be on the radar for the Calder regardless of whether or not he's eligible.

I always thought it was 20 games, but if you're correct Jed, sure he "could" be in the running, but then again, you have to consider who is coaching. <_<

From Wikipedia: To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played any more than 25 games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six games in each of two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league.

Considering the amount of talent coming into the league next year from a very strong draft, I highly doubt McCarron would be on the radar for the Calder regardless of whether or not he's eligible.

No like i said, its *probably* unlikely, but you never know.

If say, Matthews goes to the leafs and has little support, its entirely possible that McCarron, on the wing with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty for 82 games (Assuming we get a new coach!) could outscore him.

Its definitely not something id bet for, I was just curious if he was still eligible next year & it looks like he will be.

Sent down.

Recalled.

Played on 4th line. Did well for 2-3 games.

Promoted to top 6 briefly. Did relatively well for 2-3 games.

Demoted to 4th line. Played sparingly for 15 games.

Demoted to minors because he's not ready yet.

Well done, MB and MT. Way to ruin another prospect's confidence.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0