Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

As per club policy, the Habs do not release details of contracts.

True.

Capgeek has it up now, though.

Mark Hunter said he will play on a line with Horvat and Domi. :)

And MacCarron said that he'll live with Tinordi for the summer and train with him.

He'll pick up some points with those guys.

Mike must be excited to have those two as his line mates, I really hope he produces playing with two very skilled guys.

Mike must be excited to have those two as his line mates, I really hope he produces playing with two very skilled guys.

I'm excited scared_zpsfc40a5bf.gif,,,gotta watch him play. :D

Edited by kinot-1

31Careyprice, on 29 Jul 2013 - 22:31, said:snapback.png

I'm excited scared_zpsfc40a5bf.gif,,,gotta watch him play. :D

Your excited, I am excited :D I bet so is Mark Hunter B)

Knights training camp opens on Tues. Public is invited. :D ,,,,, I think I'll mosey on down and have a peak at our draftee. :P

From the London Knights site:

"TRAINING CAMP – PUBLIC SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2013
BUDWEISER GARDENS, enter off Dundas St.
1:00-2:30 PM Team PERRY (Green) vs. Team KANE (Gold)
2:45-4:15 PM Team NASH (Black) vs. TAVARES (White)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 29, 2013
BUDWEISER GARDENS (Enter through Jack Astor’s Gate 4 off of Dundas Street starting at 9:30am)
9:30-11:00* AM Team PERRY (GREEN) vs. Team NASH (Black)
*Selected players only"
Edited by kinot-1

OK, I went to the scrimmage to see McCarran, and "to me", he looked like a skinny Frank Mahovolich, Didn't look like he was doing much, but when on the offence, he was really good. Backchecking needs work tho.

Here's some pics,,, notice he had on his Habs gloves. Oh, there was another guy there that looked familiar too,,, Brandon Prust did the scrimmage before McCarran came on.

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC018_zpsfa21fe

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC015_zpsccd7c4

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC003_zps4e9be4

OK, I went to the scrimmage to see McCarran, and "to me", he looked like a skinny Frank Mahovolich, Didn't look like he was doing much, but when on the offence, he was really good. Backchecking needs work tho.

Here's some pics,,, notice he had on his Habs gloves. Oh, there was another guy there that looked familiar too,,, Brandon Prust did the scrimmage before McCarran came on.

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC018_zpsfa21fe

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC015_zpsccd7c4

MICHAELMCCARRANAUG282013JLC003_zps4e9be4

Frank never weighed 230 and he wasnt 6'5 :P

Frank never weighed 230 and he wasnt 6'5 :P

I'm sorry, I really meant Mario Lemieux,,, 6'4,,, 235#, :lol:

Well according to sbnation i do believe it wasMike is now 6'5 237, most of that isnt lean muscle yet once his body matures he'll most likely weigh in around 245 - 250 with his puck protecting skills and if he can improve his skating and become a strong reliable skater he won't need speed because he'll be bulldozing his way to the net, it'd take two defenders at least to stop him and that would open up space for Gally A ;)

Just watching a Knights pre-season game with Sarnia,,, McCarran got into a fight,,, despite his size, it was a draw.

He scores on the PP :)

Edited by kinot-1

He's been doing great so far, he's outlasted Hudon, Leblanc, Fucale..His fist game he was all over the ice, Set up two goals as well.

.......... if he can improve his skating and become a strong reliable skater he won't need speed because he'll be bulldozing his way to the net, it'd take two defenders at least to stop him and that would open up space for Gally A ;)

Yea , Lindros was like that in Junior

He was so much bigger than everyone else that he could skate over them

Then when he got to the NHL , because he never learned to skate with his head up, he got plastered .

Yea , Lindros was like that in Junior

He was so much bigger than everyone else that he could skate over them

Then when he got to the NHL , because he never learned to skate with his head up, he got plastered .

Yup, too bad that Lindros guy was never able to do anything in the big leagues :P

Yup, too bad that Lindros guy was never able to do anything in the big leagues :P

It's funny how everyone remembers Forsberg being so much better than Lindros. If McCarron is the next Lindros, I would be very happy with that!

Hell if he can be 2013 Brian Bickell I'll be happy.

It's funny how everyone remembers Forsberg being so much better than Lindros. If McCarron is the next Lindros, I would be very happy with that!

I would be happy with him being the next Lindros, but can you imagine him and Galchenyuk if he turns out to be the next Forsberg? I would be absolutely ecstatic.

I would be happy with him being the next Lindros, but can you imagine him and Galchenyuk if he turns out to be the next Forsberg? I would be absolutely ecstatic.

As a kid i was a huge an of the Avs.. Roy was traded and so was my loyalty to the habs for a bit.. anyways i always perfered Sakic to Forsberg, both were great players though.

Sorry both were phenoms

Edited by MkGee

As a kid i was a huge an of the Avs.. Roy was traded and so was my loyalty to the habs for a bit.. anyways i always perfered Sakic to Forsberg, both were great players though.

Sorry both were phenoms

It's hard to judge who the better player is between Sakic and Forsberg. Sakic definitely has the stats to back it up, but he also didn't have all the injury problems that Forsberg had. Obviously the edge goes to sakic, but with injuries to Forsberg in his prime, it's hard to value what his true potential was.

The avs were a powerhouse team, that was built in Quebec and refined in Colorado with the addition of Roy and Bourque. They also had one of the best shutdown dmen in Adam Foote. That team was incredibly talent from top to bottom.

i find it hard to compare 2 players when one of the players careers was cut short due to injury. Lindros had the skill and vision of gretz, with the size of lemieux. Had he not fallen victim to numerous Scott Stevenson hits, who knows how his career would've ended. In a case like Forsberg and Lindros, we're left asking, what if?

It's hard to judge who the better player is between Sakic and Forsberg. Sakic definitely has the stats to back it up, but he also didn't have all the injury problems that Forsberg had. Obviously the edge goes to sakic, but with injuries to Forsberg in his prime, it's hard to value what his true potential was.

The avs were a powerhouse team, that was built in Quebec and refined in Colorado with the addition of Roy and Bourque. They also had one of the best shutdown dmen in Adam Foote. That team was incredibly talent from top to bottom.

i find it hard to compare 2 players when one of the players careers was cut short due to injury. Lindros had the skill and vision of gretz, with the size of lemieux. Had he not fallen victim to numerous Scott Stevenson hits, who knows how his career would've ended. In a case like Forsberg and Lindros, we're left asking, what if?

I agree with you about Forsbergs injuries... But Sackic is one of my childhood hero's Salt lake city that amazing goal.. so forsberg had stiff competition. If you were to ask me who the best goalie ever is I would say Roy not Broduer.. ahhh nastaglia

I agree with you about Forsbergs injuries... But Sackic is one of my childhood hero's Salt lake city that amazing goal.. so forsberg had stiff competition. If you were to ask me who the best goalie ever is I would say Roy not Broduer.. ahhh nastaglia

I'm thesame boat, I prefer Roy and believe Roy proved that he was a number 1 elite tender by winning cups with 2 teams. Also, i find some brodeurs stats to be unreliable due to the system he played under. Without the trap system, which allowed on avergae 20-25 shots a game, to Roy's 30+ shots a game (especially when he was playing in Montreal), i doubt very strongly that brodeur would have the records he holds today without the devils trap system.

Not to take brodeurs accomplishments lightly, he's still an elite tender that (just like roy) changed the game. I think he'd still hold some records and be one of the best all time, had he played for another team, but wouldn't have the games played and games won record without the devils help. Just the fact he's playing in his 40 is a testament to the trap system.

I'm thesame boat, I prefer Roy and believe Roy proved that he was a number 1 elite tender by winning cups with 2 teams. Also, i find some brodeurs stats to be unreliable due to the system he played under. Without the trap system, which allowed on avergae 20-25 shots a game, to Roy's 30+ shots a game (especially when he was playing in Montreal), i doubt very strongly that brodeur would have the records he holds today without the devils trap system.

Not to take brodeurs accomplishments lightly, he's still an elite tender that (just like roy) changed the game. I think he'd still hold some records and be one of the best all time, had he played for another team, but wouldn't have the games played and games won record without the devils help. Just the fact he's playing in his 40 is a testament to the trap system.

The trap system is a huge reason for Marty's wins anyways :PTo think he had Stevens and Niedermayer in front of him!!

Edited by MkGee

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0