Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

McCarron has 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 playoff games vs. Brady Vail's Windsor Spitfires.

The London Knights are leading the series 3-0.

I've never watched such a one sided playoff series.

The knights have outscored the spitfires 22-6 in only three games.

I've told you guys about Brady Vail's mother throwing beer bottles at the London Knights bench during game two in the Brady Vail thread...

Well game 3 didn't disapoint when it came to controversy:

The spitfire's starting goaltender quit the team after allowing 7 goals midway through the game.

These teams have such a great rivalry. Fun to watch.

Edited by Inquisitive

McCarron has 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 playoff games vs. Brady Vail's Windsor Spitfires.

The London Knights are leading the series 3-0.

I've never watched such a one sided playoff series.

The knights have outscored the spitfires 22-6 in only three games.

I've told you guys about Brady Vail's mother throwing beer bottles at the London Knights bench during game two in the Brady Vail thread...

Well game 3 didn't disapoint when it came to controversy:

The spitfire's starting goaltender quit the team after allowing 7 goals midway through the game.

These teams have such a great rivalry. Fun to watch.

Whaaaaaat? I thought the bottle throwing was bad enough already, but that's hilarious! :lol:

This sounds like a playoff series for the ages! :P Keep us updated, Inquisitive!

Kinda sounds like this year's OHL playoffs could be a pretty good soap opera. :lol:

Whaaaaaat? I thought the bottle throwing was bad enough already, but that's hilarious! :lol:

This sounds like a playoff series for the ages! :P Keep us updated, Inquisitive!

Kinda sounds like this year's OHL playoffs could be a pretty good soap opera. :lol:

In that 3rd game the Knight's goalie (Stolarz) slashed the back of the head of a Spits player,,,, got 8 games. Knights swept the series 4-0, and outscored the Spits 26-9 in the process.

I wonder if he would have still got the same suspension if it didn't get National media attention. He only got 2 minutes on the play.

I wonder if he would have still got the same suspension if it didn't get National media attention. He only got 2 minutes on the play.

Suspension?

Suspension?

Ya, the Knights goalie slashed a Spits player in the back of his head, Got 8 games, but only 2 min. during the game.

Ya, the Knights goalie slashed a Spits player in the back of his head, Got 8 games, but only 2 min. during the game.

Oh, I thought he meant McCarron. My bad.

what are his stats so far

9GP 3G 2A 22PIM. Eliminated from thwe playoffs in the second round.

His season stats weren't that impressive :/ although he had much more penalty minutes then his teammates

im just curious hhow many moe junior seasons can he play down in the OHL and at what age can he play in the AHL

im just curious hhow many moe junior seasons can he play down in the OHL and at what age can he play in the AHL

He can play at the NHL any time (in theory), but my understanding that he plays either the NHL or OHL until the season he turns 20, at which point he switches to the Habs farm teams.

He can play at the NHL any time (in theory), but my understanding that he plays either the NHL or OHL until the season he turns 20, at which point he switches to the Habs farm teams.

That rule only applies to players drafted out of the CHL, like Beaulieu. McCarron can play the OHL, AHL or the NHL next year.

That rule only applies to players drafted out of the CHL, like Beaulieu. McCarron can play the OHL, AHL or the NHL next year.

Was he drafted out of the USHL then? He plays in the CHL now, right? This stuff is way more complicated than it probably has to be :wacko:

Was he drafted out of the USHL then? He plays in the CHL now, right? This stuff is way more complicated than it probably has to be :wacko:

Mike got drafted out of USDP, Bergevin offered him a NHL contract and for him to accept he needed to play in the OHL and not college. The London Knights have lost both games in the memorial cup so far and McCarron played both games as the 4th line Centre being held pointless.

Cut from Team USA junior camp H I/O

Obviously not the news we'd hope to hear but he was always very clearly labeled as a long-term project. He showed bits and pieces last year of what could make him great but he still has a fair amount of work to do at this point.

Obviously not the news we'd hope to hear but he was always very clearly labeled as a long-term project. He showed bits and pieces last year of what could make him great but he still has a fair amount of work to do at this point.

Depends on how they want the team makeup to look. He may be a power forward in the ruff, but if he can't keep up with the speed, then of course he will be dropped.

Edited by kinot-1

Depends on how they want the team makeup to look. He may be a power forward in the ruff, but if he can't keep up with the speed, then of course he will be dropped.

Depends. even on a team that is built for speed you can have one or two slow players, as long as you put them out in the right situations and give them the linemates they need. Tim Kerr was one of the slowest skaters I ever saw but he scored 50+ in what, 5 straight years? Close to half of those goals came on the power-play, parking himself in front of the net and being more or less immovable.

its tough to say how or if McCaron will fit into this squad but my hope is that he's still got a bright future with us.

Tonight, the Knights played the Sarnia Sting in a televised exhibition game, so I kept an eye on McCarran. he got 2 A, in a 7-3 win. IMO, (although it's a really small sampling), he looks better than last year, although he did take a dumb cross-checking penalty. As the season get underway and he gets more used to his line mates, he should be a more dominate player.

BTW, anyone remember Peter Klima? He has his twin sons playing for the Knights (they're short too.). Also, Dino Ciccarelli has a nephew playing for the Sting.

McCarran, is playing his first OHL game with the Knights tonight, after being injured in training camp.

Original report said 6 weeks...kid either heals fast or it wasn't as serious as expected, either or is a good sign. Hopefully he builds on his second half last season a good goal would be 20 goals, 50 points.

Original report said 6 weeks...kid either heals fast or it wasn't as serious as expected, either or is a good sign. Hopefully he builds on his second half last season a good goal would be 20 goals, 50 points.

He had a goal in the Knights win over Erie.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0