Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

McCarran, is playing his first OHL game with the Knights tonight, after being injured in training camp.

Wow, fast recovery!

Wow, fast recovery!

Guess it looked worse to us.

Could've also been precautionary. Why throw him bak and possibly make the injury worse by playing him in preseason action. Between you and me he wasn't making the habs this season.

Sucks for him, I liked what i saw from him up until the injury. He needed that after being a 4th liner last season in the jr's/

Depends. even on a team that is built for speed you can have one or two slow players, as long as you put them out in the right situations and give them the linemates they need. Tim Kerr was one of the slowest skaters I ever saw but he scored 50+ in what, 5 straight years? Close to half of those goals came on the power-play, parking himself in front of the net and being more or less immovable.

its tough to say how or if McCaron will fit into this squad but my hope is that he's still got a bright future with us.

I know this is an old post, but i agree Jed. Yes our habs are built on speed, but doesn;t mean a slower skater can't help us once we're controlling the play in the o-zone.

Corey Perry, compared to our speedy forwards is a s-l-o-w skater, yet I'm pretty sure most hab fans would take him in a flash if we had the chance to land him. He's basically a ppg player, consistently, even in the new faster NHL.

Just like with Tinordi, his slow foot speed will probably cause him to take longer to develop into an NHLer. With the right linemates and in the right circumstance, he could still have a spot on this club sometime in the future.

After tonight, he has 3G 5A, in 5 GP. He still reminds me of Frank Mahovolich. He's skating better this year and is backchecking better.

Edited by kinot-1

After tonight, he has 3G 5A, in 5 GP. He still reminds me of Frank Mahovolich. He's skating better this year and is backchecking better.

Good to hear, thanks for sharing.

Was wondering how he was doing since coming back from injury.

Needs a good season after the disappointing one in 2013-14.

Keep it up kid, we could use your size one day.

1G, 3A, in a 7-1 romp over Guelph tonight. 2A last night,,brings his totals to 4G, 10A in 7GP. :)

I think he is finding his groove.

1G, 3A, in a 7-1 romp over Guelph tonight. 2A last night,,brings his totals to 4G, 10A in 7GP. :)

DUDE! That's awesome news! A guy his size who can produce at any level would be extremely valuable

Not surprised at all. He was starting to look more comfortable with "the big boys" prior to the injury in training camp - glad to see the disappointment of the set back hasnt seemed to have hurt his confidence or motivation.

Tonight,,,1G, 3A, ,,,for a total of 5G, 13A,,, in 8 GP. 18 PTs. in 8 GP, for those of you who aren't good at math. :P

2 more games this weekend.

BTW,, he is very good in the corners as well as his backchecking. He is on the PK too. Stands in front of the goalie on the PP.

Great news. Hopefully he can keep up the strong play.

Tonight,,,1G, 3A, ,,,for a total of 5G, 13A,,, in 8 GP. 18 PTs. in 8 GP, for those of you who aren't good at math. :P

2 more games this weekend.

BTW,, he is very good in the corners as well as his backchecking. He is on the PK too. Stands in front of the goalie on the PP.

The update on the scoreboard (internet) was slow,,,, he had 1 more Assist

Great news. Hopefully he can keep up the strong play.

His head sure seems to be in the game.

Mike is currently centering the first line in London and his size on the PP makes me druel.

Mike is currently centering the first line in London and his size on the PP makes me druel.

#potentialnetfrontpresence

Glad he's getting the confidence from the coaching staff.

Especially after a rough go last season.

Keep up the good work, kid.

Glad he's getting the confidence from the coaching staff.

Especially after a rough go last season.

Keep up the good work, kid.

1A tonight, -2,,, but he's strong on the boards and corners, went down to block a shot (even tho it didn't come), saved a goal by his reach, and IMO a strong and fast (for his size).He's used on the PK and PP (1st wave). Takes draws in the D-zone and O-zone and usually gets them. When he's on the ice,, he gets the puck. I'm impressed. :)

Edited by kinot-1

Glad to hear that Big Mike is finding his groove in London. I would love to see a monster power forward in our Top 6 someday. fingers crossed!

No PTs. for McCarron today, but a guy who caught my eye was a kid named Mitch Marner. Last year a a 16 yr. old rookie, he put up 59 PTs,. in 64 GP. So far this year he has 10G, 12A, in 16GP. A hatty yesterday and another hatty today. Turns 18 in May.

No PTs. for McCarron today, but a guy who caught my eye was a kid named Mitch Marner. Last year a a 16 yr. old rookie, he put up 59 PTs,. in 64 GP. So far this year he has 10G, 12A, in 16GP. A hatty yesterday and another hatty today. Turns 18 in May.

If he's consistent he'll be turning other heads.

Does he qualify for this years draft?

He has a birthday right on the cusp.

If he's consistent he'll be turning other heads.

Does he qualify for this years draft?

He has a birthday right on the cusp.

If my understanding of the age requirements is correct (he turns 18 on May 5th) he is eligible. I guess it all depends on where he will be ranked on draft day., on whether he will be around when our turn comes up. He plays for the Knights, so I'll keep an eye on him.

The local news did a piece on him today, They said he is "faster, leaner, and stronger", and his 1.6 PTs. per game is 6th best in the OHL. Dale Hunter had good things to say about him. :)

BTW, Mitch Marner is the OHL player of the week.

Mike's stats:

9GP,,,4G,,13A,,17PTs.,,,+5,,17 PIMs.,,,3PPG,,,1.89 PT/G,,,, 1.98 PIM/PG. He's 4th in scoring on the Knights, and the others have played at least 5 more games.

Will watch the game against Guelph tonight :)

He's played 9 games,,, the Knights are on a 6 game winning streak,,,, coincidence?

Edited by kinot-1

Mike's stats:
9GP,,,4G,,13A,,17PTs.,,,+5,,17 PIMs.,,,3PPG,,,1.89 PT/G,,,, 1.98 PIM/PG.

Nice. these are the sort of stats we wanted to see from him. Definitely looking like he may yet round into the player we hoped. Time will tell.

Nice. these are the sort of stats we wanted to see from him. Definitely looking like he may yet round into the player we hoped. Time will tell.

And really needed after being demoted to the 4th line last year.

You could tell, from the very small sample size, that he was motivated during preseason action.

1G,,, hard wrister, really hard wrister, put a hole in the net. Must be an old net lol

2nd goal, wrister high glove side.

2G, 0A.

Final was 11-1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0