Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manatee-X

#34 Michael McCarron

266 posts in this topic

He's having himself a tournament for sure. Cant wait to see him, Sherbak and Fucale go pro next season.

Osh is playing Kelowna tonight at 7:30, on Sportsnet, McCarran at his best. :P

This kid will play all next season in Montreal and many more to come. He is the real deal.

This kid will play all next season in Montreal and many more to come. He is the real deal.

I'm not sure if he's going to make the NHL next season. He might require a few seasons of Lefebvre ruining his development before he's ready for the big jump. :lol: With any luck, yes, maybe he'll just bypass Hamilton completely.

I think this kid has the potential to make the jump sooner rather than later.

It would be nice, thats for sure. His skating seems to have taken a big jump in the last little bit. His size (obviously) should be a huge advantage. I think the only question mark is whether he can handle the NHL speed yet. He's only 11 months younger than Galchenyuk so its certainly possible he can transition. Should be an interesting Training Camp.

I really, really doubt McCarron will be ready for the NHL next season. It's just a shame he has to play for Lefebvre in St. John's instead. Hopefully he performs well for the Newfoundland crowd! :D

I really, really doubt McCarron will be ready for the NHL next season. It's just a shame he has to play for Lefebvre in St. John's instead. Hopefully he performs well for the Newfoundland crowd! :D

You and me both! :D

Oh I agree. I want him to make it (assuming he's ready) but I highly doubt he will.

The Lefebvre thing is the most odd of all the things I can criticize MB for. I mean even Therrien: at least I can look at the record and say "whatever he's doing, we're winning" - but Lefebvre? We're losing, seeing players regress and seeing virtually no positives coming from the farm. Players who are making the bigs are doing so in spite of Lefebvre, not because of him. Its very very weird. I am hopeful this is addressed this season.

God, I hope this guy turns into a top six centerman in the NHL.

The nice thing is that if our current line up continues to gel, he could easily slot into DD's spot on the 3rd to start things next year & then as Pleks winds down they could switch.

We're looking good down the middle in the near future i think.

Jedimaas I agree, but I'm hoping we'll see him before the trade deadline and DD will be traded. I'm hoping Bergevin will allow him to season a little in he AHL and then replace Desharnais with Big Mike before the playoffs. His size is what we need.

Looks like the big man is developing his game and showing the potential that Timmins and the scouts saw in him. Remember the pervasive "meh" (at best) attitude on here following his pick and first season in the organisation?

If he can get enough game to go with his physical attributes, we could have a bona-fide beast on our hands.

5 points last night in a wild game. this kid is getting better and better. 17 points now in 16 games

Edited by caperns

Thanks for the update. He seems to be on the accelerated program. Amazing the progress over the last year or so. The competition for centre-icemen on this team is just getting started!

There have been conversations already about bringing him up. I hope they don't. Let him play at least half the season, even better play the full season. Confidence has a fine line......

It couldn't hurt to bring him up for 5 or 6 games just to give him a taste of the speed and skill of the NHL level. After they could send him back down with a better idea of what he needs to work on and it would give MB some time to figure out what to do about the #2 (or 4, whatever) RW spot. The only problem with this being what to do if he comes and tears it up while he's here. It would be difficult to send him back down after that unless he is told prior to his call-up that it is only temporary.

It couldn't hurt to bring him up for 5 or 6 games just to give him a taste of the speed and skill of the NHL level. After they could send him back down with a better idea of what he needs to work on and it would give MB some time to figure out what to do about the #2 (or 4, whatever) RW spot. The only problem with this being what to do if he comes and tears it up while he's here. It would be difficult to send him back down after that unless he is told prior to his call-up that it is only temporary.

I have almost no doubt they will do this at some point. Even if the plan is to keep him down there for a while, management seems to love the idea of bringing guys up for a few games, give them a sense of the NHL lifestyle and what to work towards. Its kind of a clever strategy: This is your goal & now you see how great it is, you need to put in the effort to do everything we've asked you to do in the minors. The only hitch with the plan is that im not certain if our minor league coaches are asking the best out of the players down there ;)

I have almost no doubt they will do this at some point. Even if the plan is to keep him down there for a while, management seems to love the idea of bringing guys up for a few games, give them a sense of the NHL lifestyle and what to work towards. Its kind of a clever strategy: This is your goal & now you see how great it is, you need to put in the effort to do everything we've asked you to do in the minors. The only hitch with the plan is that im not certain if our minor league coaches are asking the best out of the players down there ;)

It sure doesn't hurt to dangle the carrot in front of a hungry player.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0