The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Zachary Fucale

Manatee-X

wow, :unsure::unsure: would love to see him start a game,but he has not looked good this year

At the least, he'll get to soak up some atmosphere and perhaps it will provide some motivation to get a glimpse at a possible future.

He does have a .947 save% in his last 3 games. Not too shabby.

I haven't watched Fucale this season, but Tokarski has worse stats and hasn't played for about a month I think.

Fucale gets a rest, while Tokarski gets some much needed playing time.

Guest habs1952

Tokarski must be feelin' blue right now. Does this move indicate Fucale is viewed as a safer choice to backup Condon?

Maybe they just want Tokarski to play some games before they give him a start.

Tokarski must be feelin' blue right now. Does this move indicate Fucale is viewed as a safer choice to backup Condon?

I don't think so. Tokes has only been in 1 game, actually 1 period. He will be needed for the 1st B2B games on the 9/10 of Dec. He has to show that he can do the back-up job, so he needs the work. Methinks Fucale is just here in case the Habs falter, in the next few games. I doubt if he plays much, if at all.

Did not expect this, although it does make a lot of sense to get Ticker in some games before we're forced to give him a start. I agree; I doubt Fucale plays unless Condon puts up a stinker and gets the hook. We'll see if coaching reveals their plans in the next few days or not, but I think you need to be careful with young goaltenders. Rushing them can really hurt their confidence and thus affect their development.

• 3 weeks later...

Why throw a young kid into the mess we have now. That could be the worst thing to do for his development.

It not our goaltending anyway, its our scoring and the constant mess of line changes going on.

A few bad games isn't going to ruin anyone's development, is it? He might play well. He might win us a game.

I mean, Price had his struggles early in his career and turned into the best goaltender in the world.

Fucale can't be worse than Tokarski or Condon. He might even be better. Wouldn't we all like to use every possible tool in an attempt to break this run of crappy outcomes?

• 10 months later...

Yeah considering he went 36th overall, it isnt looking good, mind you he was our 3rd pick in that draft (McCarron, then DLR, then Fucale) so i suspect he was always seen as a bit of a risk. 

Its tough to tell if he'll ever 'make it' some goalies mature late - look at Montoya who was picked 6 overall and is just finally finding some success the last few years - but with the depth of talent we have its unlikely it will be with us.

I wonder if there's the potential to move him to a team that needs some goaltending prospects at the cost of a defensman or forward prospect?

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Yeah considering he went 36th overall, it isnt looking good, mind you he was our 3rd pick in that draft (McCarron, then DLR, then Fucale) so i suspect he was always seen as a bit of a risk. 

Its tough to tell if he'll ever 'make it' some goalies mature late - look at Montoya who was picked 6 overall and is just finally finding some success the last few years - but with the depth of talent we have its unlikely it will be with us.

I wonder if there's the potential to move him to a team that needs some goaltending prospects at the cost of a defensman or forward prospect?

I think there was a market for Fucale a couple of years ago, but that's likely gone now. You can trade potential and the unknown for value but it's hard to trade a guy you've already labeled a bust by sending him to the ECHL. Fucale could still pan out, but he hasn't looked all that good thus far. If a team can go out and sign a back-up like Montoya or Budaj or so on, is Fucale really looking like he'll be any better than an established back-up?

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I think there was a market for Fucale a couple of years ago, but that's likely gone now. You can trade potential and the unknown for value but it's hard to trade a guy you've already labeled a bust by sending him to the ECHL. Fucale could still pan out, but he hasn't looked all that good thus far. If a team can go out and sign a back-up like Montoya or Budaj or so on, is Fucale really looking like he'll be any better than an established back-up?

Yeah, you're probably right.  I wonder how hard MB tried to move him, if at all.

Im sure Waite has given his opinion on whether he thinks Fucale will pan out. Id tend to believe it. 

• 1 month later...