#62 Artturi Lehkonen

Artturi_Lehkonen.jpg

Position: Left Wing
Shoots: Left
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 163
Born: 4 July 1995
Birthplace: Piikkio, Finland
Drafted: MTL 2013 (2nd Round / 55th Overall)

• Lehkonen led Team Finland and tied for fourth in tournament scoring with nine points (3-6--9) in seven games at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship, where he tallied the opening goal in Finland’s bronze-medal victory over Team Russia. He also competed at the 2013 World Junior Championship, recording three goals (3-1--4) and a plus-5 rating in six games.

• At the 2012 Under-18 World Championship, Lehkonen led Team Finland to a fourth-place finish, tying for the team lead and second in tournament scoring with 10 points (7-3--10).

• His father, Ismo, and uncle, Timo (selected 90th overall in 1984 by Chicago), played professional hockey in Finland before pursuing coaching careers.

• He patterns his game after Finnish great Teemu Selanne.

Follow him on Twitter: @arsilehkonen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So, should this kid be in Montreal next season?

Lekhonen signed a 1-year contract extension with Frolunda this past season, so he's locked up through 2016-17. He does have an out clause in the contract which allows him to jump to the NHL in the event he makes the big club, but it doesn't look like he'd be coming over here to play in the AHL. He's stated he'd prefer to develop in the Swedish league than come to North America to play in the minors. Not sure the Habs are willing to commit to playing him in the NHL the entire year, especially with how much juggling they did with rookies this past year.

Lekhonen signed a 1-year contract extension with Frolunda this past season, so he's locked up through 2016-17. He does have an out clause in the contract which allows him to jump to the NHL in the event he makes the big club, but it doesn't look like he'd be coming over here to play in the AHL. He's stated he'd prefer to develop in the Swedish league than come to North America to play in the minors. Not sure the Habs are willing to commit to playing him in the NHL the entire year, especially with how much juggling they did with rookies this past year.

He's been destroying the SHL this year. Last time I checked, he was leading all players in the playoffs in points. I really don't know what is taking MB so long to offer this guy a contract; I think he's probably ready for a spot on the 3rd line to start the season. He could even be able to work himself into the top 6. He might be our best prospect right now.

4th line Pressbox? You bet. ;)

He's been destroying the SHL this year. Last time I checked, he was leading all players in the playoffs in points. I really don't know what is taking MB so long to offer this guy a contract; I think he's probably ready for a spot on the 3rd line to start the season. He could even be able to work himself into the top 6. He might be our best prospect right now.

Definitely get traded along with Subban for Vinny at the draft.

Guest Regis2

; I think he's probably ready for a spot on the 3rd line to start the season. He could even be able to work himself into the top 6. He might be our best prospect right now

I doubt it

The kid hasn't played a game in NA yet

IT'sa big jump to the AHL and even bigger to the NhL

I doubt it

The kid hasn't played a game in NA yet

IT'sa big jump to the AHL and even bigger to the NhL

I would think given the lack of scoring depth in MTL next year, not to mention the fact that free agent signings and trades: "are hard" to quote Marc Forrest Gump Bergevin; I don't see how you can't audition this kid in a secondary scoring role on a line with Plekanec and Andrighetto. Logic would dictate since your top 3 scoring threats are all MTL draft picks (Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher) That you would continue to look within for answers. Then again logic is the one thing that seems to elude this current Habs administration.

http://www.shl.se/statistics/players/summary/TP/2015/SMSlutspel/All/All/All/All/All/All/dec

Frolunda won the SHL championship last night, Lehkonen being the leading playoff scorer with 19 points (11 goals) in 16 games. He also scored two goals in yesterday's series clincher.

Not sure how favorably the SHL compares to the NHL, but we could certainly use some scoring help.

16 11 819

http://www.shl.se/statistics/players/summary/TP/2015/SMSlutspel/All/All/All/All/All/All/dec

Frolunda won the SHL championship last night, Lehkonen being the leading playoff scorer with 19 points (11 goals) in 16 games. He also scored two goals in yesterday's series clincher.

Not sure how favorably the SHL compares to the NHL, but we could certainly use some scoring help.

16 11 819

I haven't watched any SHL games, but a lot of people say it's comparable or possibly a little better than the AHL.

• 2 weeks later...