The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#62 Artturi Lehkonen

Manatee-X

If we sign both and they can crack the line-up our deth will improve significantly. I look forward to watching Reway tomorrow as I haven't seen him play in quite a while, maybe last years worlds. On Slovakia's top line but no points in his first game.

True. But zero faith that MT will actually give them a role in the top 9. I don't even know if he'll do that for McCarron, Scherbak, Hudon, or guys who have been in North America. He certainly didn't do it for the last guy (Sekac) who jumped over from Europe. So...

Guest Regis2

The poor kid has zero chance of making the Habs next yr .

As Ted says there are kids playing the AHL can't even a decent call up

Guest Regis2

Lehkonnen, Plekanec, Andrighetto

That should be our 2nd line next year.

Not going to happen

Two rookies

One who has never played a game in NA .

He will not make the Habs out of training camp

Not going to happen

Two rookies

One who has never played a game in NA .

He will not make the Habs out of training camp

Technically Andrighetto is not a rookie any longer. I get that it's not ideal to have a ton of youngsters in the line-up, but it's even less ideal to have pluggers with little talent filling out the top 9. I'll take McCarron, Andrighetto, Hudon, and Lehkonen over Flynn, Byron, Brown, Weise, and so on.

Guest Regis2

This kid ( Artturi Lehkonen ) isn't going to make the Habs.

We can discuss about how well he did where ever he played last yr but the kid wasn't even drafted

When was the last time a undrafted player was signed and made the top six ; everyone's talking about Mathews , Laine etc not Artturi Lehkonen

We're getting our hopes up

This kid ( Artturi Lehkonen ) isn't going to make the Habs.

We can discuss about how well he did where ever he played last yr but the kid wasn't even drafted

When was the last time a undrafted player was signed and made the top six ; everyone's talking about Mathews , Laine etc not Artturi Lehkonen

We're getting our hopes up

???

Lehkonen was drafted by the Habs in the 2nd round a few years ago.

Guest Regis2

???

Lehkonen was drafted by the Habs in the 2nd round a few years ago.

My error

Ive never heard of the kid before

I still don't think the kid has a chance to make it . He needs to prove himself in the A and he's got an out if he doesn't make the Habs he can go back home

The way the Habs operate his chances are slim and none

'His deployment in Frölunda has varied. He is often listed as a third-liner, but in reality has seen some time on all lines. He has not needed easy zone starts to be effective, and has received some special teams assignments as well, on both the power play (1:45 per game, often on the second unit) and the penalty kill (0:49 per game).

Lehkonen has played centre, but thrives as a winger. He tends to focus too much on the defensive aspects of the game when playing in the middle in order to not blow his defensive responsibilities, not unlike what we saw from Alex Galchenyuk is his first few stints as a centreman.'

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/5/10/11638740/artturi-lehkonen-contract-montreal-canadiens-roster-lineup-potential-lines-centre-winger

My error

Ive never heard of the kid before

I still don't think the kid has a chance to make it . He needs to prove himself in the A and he's got an out if he doesn't make the Habs he can go back home

The way the Habs operate his chances are slim and none

I think MTL has no choice but to look at all options, especially those from within, when answering questions in reguards to offense. I think he gets a long look at training camp and is a dark horse to steal a roster spot.

I think your second line could either be:

Lehkonen, Plekanec, Andrighetto

OR

Carr, Plekanec, Andrghetto

But I honestly see Carr on a third line of:

Matteau, Danault, Carr

That's why I'd rather see what Lehkonen, Plekanec, Andrighetto. I think they're the wingers best suited for Plekanec. Mccarron Would look interesting in that 2nd or 3rd line RW spot too.

• 3 months later...

Excerpt from habseyeontheprize article by Patrik Bexell:

The hype surrounding Artturi Lehkonen has reached an all-time high. Not only is he being penciled in by pundits and fans alike as a possible solution to Montreal’s lack of depth on the wings, but his former teammates and coach also seem to agree that he has all the right tools to make an impact in the NHL.

“I think he is an amazing hockey player, and I have the feeling that he has every chance possible to make the team in Montreal.” said Detroit Red Wings prospect Christoffer Ehn. “You can see it in him, and with the playoffs he had. It doesn’t matter to Artturi what day it is, he comes to the rink every day to get better. It is my belief that it will go well for him. You hope on a personal level that we get to keep him, but for him I hope he makes it big.”

Lukas Vejdemo, a fellow Montreal prospect, was impressed with Lehkonen’s play after Djurgården had been knocked out of the playoff by the red-hot Finn: “He flew around the ice all throughout the quarterfinals, and in my honest opinion he was the best player on Frölunda’s roster. He is smart, sly like a fox, always in position, and he is an insanely good finisher.”

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/8/31/12710640/artturi-lehkonen-heaped-with-praise-from-his-coach-teammates-ahead-arrival-in-montreal-interview

Excerpt from habseyeontheprize article by Patrik Bexell:

The hype surrounding Artturi Lehkonen has reached an all-time high. Not only is he being penciled in by pundits and fans alike as a possible solution to Montreal’s lack of depth on the wings, but his former teammates and coach also seem to agree that he has all the right tools to make an impact in the NHL.

“I think he is an amazing hockey player, and I have the feeling that he has every chance possible to make the team in Montreal.” said Detroit Red Wings prospect Christoffer Ehn. “You can see it in him, and with the playoffs he had. It doesn’t matter to Artturi what day it is, he comes to the rink every day to get better. It is my belief that it will go well for him. You hope on a personal level that we get to keep him, but for him I hope he makes it big.”

Lukas Vejdemo, a fellow Montreal prospect, was impressed with Lehkonen’s play after Djurgården had been knocked out of the playoff by the red-hot Finn: “He flew around the ice all throughout the quarterfinals, and in my honest opinion he was the best player on Frölunda’s roster. He is smart, sly like a fox, always in position, and he is an insanely good finisher.”

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/8/31/12710640/artturi-lehkonen-heaped-with-praise-from-his-coach-teammates-ahead-arrival-in-montreal-interview

But can he grind? ;)

• 1 month later...

Quote from Wilde's 'Glass half full' article:

• Lehkonen is often in the right place. He has excellent scoring instincts and did a superb job on the power play that the Habs finally scored on. His screen was perfect, making sure Anderson never saw the Petry shot that got through. Third period, he's doing it again with the goal in tight. He's a smart player. I often find small players are smart players because they wouldn't be in the show if they weren't smart. Lehkonen fits my theory.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/call-of-the-wilde-habs-glass-half-full-in-loss-to-sens-1.3117320