Martin Reway

Martin Reway

Position: Left Wing
Shoots: Left
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 190
Born: 24 Jan 1995
Birthplace: Prague, Czech Republic
Drafted: MTL 2013 (4th Round / 116th Overall)

• Reway spent the 2012-13 season playing with teh Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL, notching 50 points in 47 games (22-29--50) and adding 56 penalty minutes.

• Internationally, Reway played with the Czech team in the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship
. He had 2 assists in 6 games to go along with 2 PIMs.

Follow him on Twitter: @MartinReway

• 2 weeks later...

5 foot 8, drops to the 4th round after a pretty solid first season in the Q.

Could he be this years' late round gem? Can't wait to see how he performs in the Q next year.

5'8 and 190#,,, I would hope that's all muscle :) , because I'm 5'9 and 185,,, and I have 10# too much. :(

• 1 month later...

He's turning heads at camp. I've heard nothing but praise for him. That's probably why he wasn't returned to junior with the other three junior players.

Same. Therrien has said himself that he can already do many things with the puck that NHL'ers can do.

I'll be paying close attention to him this season in the QMJHL

That goal today at the Bell Centre was a beauty, backhand top corner against Budaj.

What a way to start, first goal of the scrimmage, top right corner :lol: the intermissions made me hungry, with the chef cooking up a storm with gallagher and subban. Anyway, one terrific goal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Regis2

Great.

Another small forward .

Just what this team needs IMO .

He's going to have to beat out the rest of the small forward prospects that are pegged to make it

Guest Regis2

It isn't

Just find it odd that some have him penciled in as future Hab already

I guess he can fight for a job with Christian Thomas and one of them can replace Gionta or Briere.

Then when the team gets pushed around we can come on here and complain we're too small , not tough enough .

GO HABS GO

Since when did size become the ultimate measure of a hockey player?

The size meme is getting ridiculous. If the organization started completely ignoring all players under 6'4", would anyone be happy? No, because the first smaller skilled player we could've drafted but didn't would produce an impressive cacophony about how "the team refuses to draft skilled players".

Martin has had an impressive tournament and looks to be quite an exciting and promising player. Hopefully the organization remembers scoring goals is slightly important in hockey and doesn't throw him away to increase our position on the NHL average height/weight chart. Which is slightly less relevant in April than the eastern conference standings.

It isn't

Just find it odd that some have him penciled in as future Hab already

I guess he can fight for a job with Christian Thomas and one of them can replace Gionta or Briere.

Then when the team gets pushed around we can come on here and complain we're too small , not tough enough .

GO HABS GO

Let's do some comparisons:

Michael McCarron
18 yrs. old , #25 pick, 2013
6'5...228#, London Knights.
6G,, 11A,. +3,, 37 GP, 63 PIMS. most on the team.
Martin Reway,18 yrs old, #116th pick, 2010
5'8, 158#
10 PTs. 4 GP, +1, 2 PIMs., with the Swedish JRs.
Hull Olympics stats: 14G, 27A, in 25, GP. +11, 28 PIMs.
Now, IMO, Reway is the better player than McCarran, as of right now, and will, or should be NHL ready before McCarran. Sure Reway is small, but so is Gallagher. Would you prefer that we didn't draft Gallagher, at 5'8, and , 174#, drafted 147th?