The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Martin Reway

I thought I'd update everyone on our "training camp standout" of 2013 (Let's be honest, there's always one surprise at every training camp!).

Reway has undoubtedly been one of our best prospect.

Let's see here... He absolutely tore up the world juniors, if anyone missed it.

He's currently tearing up the QMJHL league with an outstanding 45 points in only 28 games!

They have him playing the point on the Powerplay, and it's paid dividends. The guy has incredible speed.

I'm really excited about this guy. We were looking a little bit weak for forward prospects IMO, but drafting the like of Reway, Lehkonen, Jacob De la Rose, and co. certainly got us on the way to clearing that up.

Guest mrsmarkov

I thought I'd update everyone on our "training camp standout" of 2013 (Let's be honest, there's always one surprise at every training camp!).

Reway has undoubtedly been one of our best prospect.

Let's see here... He absolutely tore up the world juniors, if anyone missed it.

He's currently tearing up the QMJHL league with an outstanding 45 points in only 28 games!

They have him playing the point on the Powerplay, and it's paid dividends. The guy has incredible speed.

I'm definitely really excited about this kid. He's incredible.

• 1 month later...

Will he be in Hamilton next season?

We discussed that earlier in this thread. Just scroll up.

Or, to answer with about the same amount of effort... ;) :

Probably not - he won't be twenty and as far as we know that rule will apply to him since he plays in the CHL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

From the Ultimate hockey Network (never heard of them :blink: ).

"Martin Reway, is far from lazy. A better word for Martin is “relentless”. This kid doesn’t stop agitating, he gets physical and he gets in your face. Imagine a blend of Steve Ott, (agitating) David Desharnais, (playmaking and size) and Giroux, (not known for his shot, but when he shoots it’s always a rocket). That’s not a bad combination. Some might argue, that is the perfect combination. Plans are for Reway to move to the KHL next season instead of returning to the Olympiques for his final season of Junior eligibility. A season in the KHL will give Reway valuable experience in playing with bigger, older and more experienced players."

• 3 months later...

From the Ultimate hockey Network (never heard of them :blink: ).

"Martin Reway, is far from lazy. A better word for Martin is “relentless”. This kid doesn’t stop agitating, he gets physical and he gets in your face. Imagine a blend of Steve Ott, (agitating) David Desharnais, (playmaking and size) and Giroux, (not known for his shot, but when he shoots it’s always a rocket). That’s not a bad combination. Some might argue, that is the perfect combination. Plans are for Reway to move to the KHL next season instead of returning to the Olympiques for his final season of Junior eligibility. A season in the KHL will give Reway valuable experience in playing with bigger, older and more experienced players."

Kind of sounds like Gallager

Great tournament for Reway...3 assists and dominant offensively on route to the bronze medal. He has the offensive game to make it to the NHL but his size and defensive laziness will definitely hold him back. Reminds me a lot of Andrighetto very shifty with great hands and has produced at every level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...